Football

22 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

be great if leeds got deducted points due to the scenes at elland rd last nite, every nobend was caught on camera and cctv at the very least fine these individuals who think they can flout the law on covid 

The precedent was set when they allowed Liverpool fans to do the same without any action taken.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

33 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The precedent was set when they allowed Liverpool fans to do the same without any action taken.

and of course in todays society 2 wrongs make a right

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

The McDonald's on the Headington roundabout in Oxford doesn't. Loads of them if they're in listed buildings don't.

Ok purpose built Mcdonalds, of which that on Elland Road is one.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

23 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Ok purpose built Mcdonalds, of which that on Elland Road is one.

Aye, some of those too.

It's a myth. A nice one. But a myth.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

cant find any updates on the policewoman who was attacked and bottled by leeds fans on sunday in the city centre and left in a bad way, hope shes ok and shame on the #### who did it, the prem have never missed leeds or its fans or their mentality, while im at it- stop living in the shadow of a pub team who wouldnt win a match in the modern era if you want to move on

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

cant find any updates on the policewoman who was attacked and bottled by leeds fans on sunday in the city centre and left in a bad way, hope shes ok and shame on the #### who did it, the prem have never missed leeds or its fans or their mentality, while im at it- stop living in the shadow of a pub team who wouldnt win a match in the modern era if you want to move on

OK we get that you're angry about Leeds being promoted but give us a break now eh? You can't tar all fans with the same brush.

You are one of the most entertaining posters on here when your'e in a good mood so stop being such a grump.

• Thanks 1

Premier League soon be over, don't despair.....quite a bit of footy to come. 

From no football for 100 days to matches almost every day for over a year.

The coronavirus pandemic wreaked havoc with the sporting calendar and meant there was no domestic action for three months.

But one consequence of the game's suspension is that the gap between seasons, which can leave fans starved of any competitive action for two or three months, will be dramatically shorter and packed with other matches to follow.

There are likely to be seven weeks between the end of this Premier League season and the start of the next one - but there will be only eight days in that time without games in eight selected tournaments.

How, you ask? Let us explain...

The Premier League ends on 26 July, with the four Championship play-off semi-final matches being played later that week.

The FA Cup final is on 1 August, the same day the 2020-21 Scottish Premiership season begins.

The Serie A season ends the following day, with the Championship play-off final on 4 August.

On 5 August the Europa League last-16 ties resume - with Manchester United and Wolves playing in successive days.

Then Manchester City and Chelsea play their Champions League last-16 second legs on the following two days.

There will only be three days - none in a row - without a European game until the Champions League final on 23 August.

Then comes the big wait, with the Nations League not starting for another 11 days.

However, in those 11 days the Scottish Premiership continues, the Community Shield could be played (30 August is a reported date for that), the Women's Champions League semi-finals and final take place and France's Ligue 1 starts (22 August).

Only eight of the 48 days in question do not have either Championship play-offs, Champions League or Europa League games (including qualifiers featuring British teams), the Scottish Premiership, Italian or French football, the Nations League or the Women's Champions League.

And six of those eight are either side of the international break - as there would be during any normal season.

Even those eight days do have football in some of Europe's smaller leagues like Belgium, the Republic of Ireland and the Nordic countries.

England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland play two games each in the Nations League between 3 and 8 September.

Four days later - on 12 September - the Premier League is reportedly due to start and then there will be near continuous football for more than a year.

The 2021 Champions League final in Istanbul is on 29 May, with Euro 2020 starting 13 days later.

Selected games on every day between the two Premier League seasons

The 2019-20 Premier League season ends on 26 July, the 2020-21 campaign is expected to start on 12 September

27 July - Championship play-off semi-final first leg

28 July - Italian Serie A games

29 July - Championship play-off semi-final second leg, Serie A games

30 July - Championship play-off semi-final second leg

31 July - French League Cup final

1 August - FA Cup final, Scottish Premiership opening day

2 August - Scottish Premiership games, Serie A final day

3 August - Scottish Premiership game

4 August - Championship play-off final

5 August - Europa League last-16 ties

6 August - Europa League last-16 ties

7 August - Champions League last-16 ties

8 August - Champions League last-16 ties, Scottish Premiership games, Champions League preliminary round (including Northern Irish team)

9 August - Scottish Premiership games

10 August - Europa League quarter-finals

11 August - Europa League quarter-finals, Scottish Premiership game, Champions League preliminary round (including Northern Irish team)

12 August - Champions League quarter-final, Scottish Premiership games

13 August - Champions League quarter-final

14 August - Champions League quarter-final

15 August - Champions League quarter-final, Scottish Premiership games

16 August - Europa League semi-final, Scottish Premiership game

17 August - Europa League semi-final

18 August - Champions League semi-final, Champions League first qualifying round (including Scottish and Welsh team)

19 August - Champions League semi-final, Champions League first qualifying round (including Scottish and Welsh team)

20 August - Europa League preliminary round (including Welsh and Northern Irish teams)

21 August - Europa League final, Women's Champions League quarter-finals

22 August - Scottish Premiership games, Women's Champions League quarter-finals, French Ligue 1 opening day

23 August - Champions League final, Scottish Premiership game, Ligue 1 games

24 August -

25 August - Women's Champions League semi-final

26 August - Women's Champions League semi-final

27 August - Europa League first qualifying round (including Scottish and Welsh teams)

28 August -

29 August - Scottish Premiership games, Women's Champions League final, Ligue 1 games

30 August - Community Shield (possibly, date not confirmed), Ligue 1 games

31 August, 1, 2 September -

3 September - Nations League games

4 September - Nations League games

5 September - Nations League games

6 September - Nations League games

7 September - Nations League games

8 September - Nations League games

9, 10, 11 September -

There are actually football matches on each of the eight days without games highlighted in other smaller leagues

Then it's 20/21 season followed by Euro 2020.....gulp!!

Edited by HawkMan

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Like this, you mean? 😁😀

How very dare you!

Now confirmed. Westfield will be playing Hastings in a pre-season friendly next Saturday and, as they are step 7, they can have a socially distanced crowd. I will be there.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Could this be a start of a slide for Bournemouth? I don't know enough about their ownership etc but a bit like Huddersfield town and Wigan (two recent but of course not the only examples) will they drop back to "normal levels" having now been relegated?

14 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Could this be a start of a slide for Bournemouth? I don't know enough about their ownership etc but a bit like Huddersfield town and Wigan (two recent but of course not the only examples) will they drop back to "normal levels" having now been relegated?

They've relied on their attack being better than their leaky defence ever since Howe took over. This year the strikers have struggled. Will they stick with Howe? They should. Would Howe get a job with a Premier League team? Debatable.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

18 hours ago, tim2 said:

They've relied on their attack being better than their leaky defence ever since Howe took over. This year the strikers have struggled. Will they stick with Howe? They should. Would Howe get a job with a Premier League team? Debatable.

I can't say I've really followed any news on them but have they invested in their defence that much? 

Eddie Howe seems very emotionally connected to the club. Could he do a job at another premier league team or would he even want to? I honestly don't know. Having brought them up from the doldrums he's certainly got capital in the bank and won't be sacked. 

36 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I can't say I've really followed any news on them but have they invested in their defence that much? 

Eddie Howe seems very emotionally connected to the club. Could he do a job at another premier league team or would he even want to? I honestly don't know. Having brought them up from the doldrums he's certainly got capital in the bank and won't be sacked. 

Managers like him probably have a job for life if they want to stick with the same club. The money to go to a bigger club would be tempting though, even if you got fired (as would inevitably happen at some point, probably within 1-2 years). Depends what he wants.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 Luton

4 Crystal Palace

10 Sheffield Wednesday

13 West Ham

14 Wimbledon

16 Charlton

18 Aston Villa

19 Millwall

21 Queens Park Rangers

22 Leyton

23 Halifax - but it isnt an League team

25 Arsenal

OK I did the easy ones, now over to you mugs.

Edited by Bleep1673

25 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

1 Luton

4 Crystal Palace

10 Sheffield Wednesday

13 West Ham

14 Wimbledon

16 Charlton

18 Aston Villa

19 Millwall

21 Queens Park Rangers

22 Leyton

23 Halifax - but it isnt an League team

25 Arsenal

OK I did the easy ones, now over to you mugs.

Good effort , 18 and 22 wrong