Football

2 minutes ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

Yes, you wouldn't have known it would you? P*ss poor publicity by someone. Supposed to be the 'crown jewels of sport' as well!

Most watched Football game on TV this year though. 46% watching a TV tuned in

34 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Best Cup final for a while I thought despite the iffy officiating decisions

Last year's was better, but I am biased!

PS. I haven't even watched this year's. I told you I was biased. 😎

• Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Very interesting promotions to the football league this season,  Harrogate and Barrow. Two Northern towns,  good news for the region. Great to see Barrow back, and the Harrogate fairytale is  amazing. 

Edited by HawkMan
  • Like 1

Just now, HawkMan said:

Very interesting promotions to the football league this season,  Harrogate and Barrow. Two Northern towns,  good news for the region. Great to see Barrow back, and the Harrogate fairytale is a amazing. 

I once saw Liverpool clinch the league title at Notts County in 1984, so personally would have preferred them to have gone up.

Their fans were pretty gracious as I remember. 

Not to be I guess.

31 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I once saw Liverpool clinch the league title at Notts County in 1984, so personally would have preferred them to have gone up.

Their fans were pretty gracious as I remember. 

Not to be I guess.

I would also.

Notts County are a proper club with fans and history. 

Harrogate isn't a football town, they just have a chairman with money. Plus a plastic pitch which gave them an unfair advantage. 

They won't have that next year so will have to compete on a level playing field. 

Just now, Niels said:

I would also.

Notts County are a proper club with fans and history. 

Harrogate isn't a football town, they just have a chairman with money. Plus a plastic pitch which gave them an unfair advantage. 

They won't have that next year so will have to compete on a level playing field. 

Interesting I didn’t know that about the pitch.

• Like 1

They have been around a good while, Always entered the FA Cup, I can remember watching them in Harrogate in the 1980's

play Blyth Spartans. I suspect they will be well supported in Yorkshire. Very pleasing to me.

3 hours ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

I suspect they will be well supported in Yorkshire. 

Everyone except supporters of Harrogate Railway who may be a bit confused by the past decade.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

Yes, I can well understand that, I am aware new owners took over Harrogate about 15 years ago. I really have not followed much since.

Not sure but their rise has been pretty meteoric. But, unlike some, it does seem to have been based on putting together good teams rather than just splashing the cash. I saw them play out a ferocious 0-0 draw at Brackley last year on an absolutely horrible day. Their fans were in good voice throughout. I really do wish them well.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

37 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Who do we want in the big time ... Brentford or Fulham ?

Probably Brentford but their manager is an absolute bell

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

7 hours ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

And now it seems Harrogate will ground share with Doncaster. Have to say I don't quite undertand that when York's Keepmoat stadium is so near. I presume it must be a money question.

Is that because they won’t have a grass pitch in time?

25 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

What a rubbish play off final.

Finals are usually dull

• Like 2

On 04/08/2020 at 22:49, Trevorkfevfan said:

Either that or the cheaper option I fancy. Not ideal I don't think.

They are only paying a few of their first home games there until the artificial pitch is replaced

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.