Football

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

He wouldn't go to Man United and Liverpool would make far more sense in every way for him.

Leeds seem to be going the same way as hudds town and sheff utd as the one season wonder token yorkshire club in the prem

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 25/10/2021 at 21:39, Gerrumonside ref said:

Finished 1-1 FT and there’ll be a replay.

Non league Clydebank won their replay at Scottish League 2 side Elgin today 2-1 to advance to the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup.

Their reward is a home tie versus Clyde (nickname The Bully Wee).

That happens to be my father’s long term adopted Scottish side while Clydebank are mine.

A nice bottle of Scotch for the winner I think.

7 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Non league Clydebank won their replay at Scottish League 2 side Elgin today 2-1 to advance to the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup.

Their reward is a home tie versus Clyde (nickname The Bully Wee).

That happens to be my father’s long term adopted Scottish side while Clydebank are mine.

A nice bottle of Scotch for the winner I think.

Did Clydebank go bust and reform?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

47 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

10,000 crowd for a National League match, Wrexham vs Torquay,  incredible. Is this a record for the fifth tier.

Its great , the Hollywood take over has certainly flicked a switch and sparked fresh enthusiasm into the club .Also , Chesterfield , Grimsby and Notts County are getting very good gates as well .

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

10,000 crowd for a National League match, Wrexham vs Torquay,  incredible. Is this a record for the fifth tier.

Was Ryan Reynolds there?

A few clubs in that league with potential for big crowds. Notts County, Stockport, Grimsby, Chesterfield. Possibly not that big, though.

Grimsby v Notts County was 7,213. Stockport got over 7,000 last time out at home.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

5 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Was Ryan Reynolds there?

A few clubs in that league with potential for big crowds. Notts County, Stockport, Grimsby, Chesterfield. Possibly not that big, though.

Grimsby v Notts County was 7,213. Stockport got over 7,000 last time out at home.

It will be interesting to see what the crowd is when Notts County play Chesterfield towards the end of the season , particularly if both are fighting for promotion .

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Was Ryan Reynolds there?

Yeh he was

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Didn't Clydebank get into the Scottish Prem a couple of times in the 1980s ?

Yes, but back down again except one season when the Scottish top flight had no relegation.

A glory period for the club though by their standards I seem to remember.

In 1990 they even reached the semi final of the Scottish Cup before eventually losing 2-0 to Celtic at Hampden Park.

• Like 1

I don't usually watch Serie A but housebound  due to ill health, a bad reaction to Covid booster, meant I gave Roma vs Milan a watch. Nice game, Zlatan still a great player, scored direct from free kick. Mourinho suffers first ever home loss in Italian league. Must say the lack of respect to the ref from players is on another level,  even after the ref checks VAR screen they're still arguing. However it  was enjoyable game, I might watch a few more. Used to watch serie A when Gascoigne was there.

Edited by HawkMan

12 hours ago, HawkMan said:

I don't usually watch Serie A but housebound  due to ill health, a bad reaction to Covid booster, meant I gave Roma vs Milan a watch. Nice game, Zlatan still a great player, scored direct from free kick. Mourinho suffers first ever home loss in Italian league. Must say the lack of respect to the ref from players is on another level,  even after the ref checks VAR screen they're still arguing. However it  was enjoyable game, I might watch a few more. Used to watch serie A when Gascoigne was there.

Ah, the old Channel 4 coverage with that bloke reading headlines from Corriero Dello Sport (sp?) whilst drinking coffee outside a bar.

12 hours ago, HawkMan said:

I think it’ll be a very interesting title race in Italy this year.

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Nuno sacked! After 10 games, shocking,  knee jerk etc 

Oh hang on, I'm a Spurs fan, so hypocrisy double standards, YEAH HE'S GONE LET'S GET CONTE. 😂

I was surprised he got that job tbh , it just didn’t seem to fit IMO 

5 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

He wasn’t first choice if I remember rightly as they made an ambitious bid to lure Nagelsmann who ended up at Bayern Munich.

He was fifth choice!

Nagelsmann went to Munich, Conte wanted too much either money or say so in transfers etc, Fonseca  looked promising then they ditched that idea for Gattuso but the fans didn't want him due to unfortunate comments he made in the past, so then it was Nuno.

• Like 1