Football

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Gap now opening to the bottom 3/4 in the Premier League.

I fear this could be one season too many for Burnley,  great job Dyche has done, but I can't really see three teams worse then them. Norwich definitely,  probably Watford too, but at least they can score plenty,  it's their defense that Ranieri needs to fix. Looks like Norwich plus two from Burnley,  Watford, Newcastle and Southampton and I feel Newcastle will buy their way out of trouble this month. Dyche deserves a bigger club and I feel next season he'll be in  PL but not with Burnley. Rafa out maybe and Dyche in.

Anyway,  Liverpool special agent Rafa doing a great job.

Edited by HawkMan

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

I fear this could be one season too many for Burnley,  great job Dyche has done, but I can't really see three teams worse then them. Norwich definitely,  probably Watford too, but at least they can score plenty,  it's their defense that Ranieri needs to fix. Looks like Norwich plus two from Burnley,  Watford, Newcastle and Southampton and I feel Newcastle will buy their way out of trouble this month. Dyche deserves a bigger club and I feel next season he'll be in  PL but not with Burnley. Rafa out maybe and Dyche in.

I wouldn't disagree with that.

Burnley are in a situation similar to Newcastle that they don't lose very easily, but they just can't win either. So many draws.

I feel Newcastle will only get players who will agree to sign if others sign too if you get what I mean. And even then, can they buy themselves out of this, or do they even want to?

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I feel Newcastle will only get players who will agree to sign if others sign too if you get what I mean. And even then, can they buy themselves out of this, or do they even want to?

Will Newcastle but their way out of trouble? Money talks;

Darren Farley, love him , check out his YouTube channel guys.

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Anyway,  Liverpool special agent Rafa doing a great job.

There's no doubt that Dyche has done a great job at Burnley , but there is a stigma attatched to him and his style of play , I feel there would be an uproar amongst Everton fans if Dyche were to become manager .

55 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I wouldn't disagree with that.

Burnley are in a situation similar to Newcastle that they don't lose very easily, but they just can't win either. So many draws.

The thing is , with Newcastle being in a relegation dog fight , it will be even harder for Newcastle to attract players , they may have to sign players with the short term aim of just surviving relegation rather than as part of some long term plan . Looking from a Leeds United perspective , after about 8 weeks of the season , I thought it might take 40 pts to keep you up , now I think 35 may be enough , possibly 33 .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah I know, but what can they buy?

Solanke is spot on 😅

As a Bournemouth fan there is no way we will sell Solanke unless it is a ridiculous offer. We have a good Russian owner and don't have to sell anyone.

The video clip is about a year out of date, he has improved immensely. 

Edited by Niels

7 hours ago, Niels said:

As a Bournemouth fan there is no way we will sell Solanke unless it is a ridiculous offer. We have a good Russian owner and don't have to sell anyone.

The video clip is about a year out of date, he has improved immensely. 

I don't doubt he has, I think what is correct is that he is the calibre of player Newcastle could be in for and pay well over the odds for.

17 hours ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

The thing is , with Newcastle being in a relegation dog fight , it will be even harder for Newcastle to attract players , they may have to sign players with the short term aim of just surviving relegation rather than as part of some long term plan . Looking from a Leeds United perspective , after about 8 weeks of the season , I thought it might take 40 pts to keep you up , now I think 35 may be enough , possibly 33 .

Spot on on Newcastle.

I think Leeds will be safe based on how poor the teams are below us are and that we are very capable compared to those around us.

To reach the mid to high 30s the bottom 3 are facing a challenge of 25 points from 57 available. That would be a heck of an achievement given where they are now.

14 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't doubt he has, I think what is correct is that he is the calibre of player Newcastle could be in for and pay well over the odds for.

You are right, (you usually are!) they are interested in him.

It's ironic as Howe signed him at Bournemouth but was unable to get the best out of him. 

He is vital to the promotion campaign, so as you say they would have to pay well over the odds for him, as we don't need to sell and we don't have another striker. 

Edited by Niels
  • Like 1

African Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2021 kicks off in Cameroon at the weekend.

It’s being shown live in it’s entirety on Sky and the BBC will show 10 live games including the semi finals and the final.

Algeria are the favourites I believe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/59698986

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

African Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2021 kicks off in Cameroon at the weekend.

It’s being shown live in it’s entirety on Sky and the BBC will show 10 live games including the semi finals and the final.

Algeria are the favourites I believe.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/africa/59698986

The spread of winners over the years always makes this competition exciting and unpredictable. 

• Like 1

Rugby League & Saints got a mention on ITV tonight during the Swindon/Man City game when McAtee came off the bench for City. The commentator said “his dad used to play for St Helens Rugby League”.

What i remember of his dad he didn’t play that many games for Saints, but good luck to his lad.