Football

25 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Id love to go a few football derby’s especially Stoke/Port Vale. Bristol R v Bristol C. 
They say the most policed derby is Chester/Wrexham but i don’t know if that is still the case ?. 

Huddersfield v Barnsley in cup this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Id love to go a few football derby’s especially Stoke/Port Vale. Bristol R v Bristol C. 
They say the most policed derby is Chester/Wrexham but i don’t know if that is still the case ?. 

The Burnley Blackburn Rovers games can be very lively...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Huddersfield v Barnsley in cup this weekend.

I chose the two derby’s CW because they haven’t really played each against that much other over the last few years. I think (im not 100% sure) the last time Vale & Stoke met was in the dreadful U21’s thing, were premier league clubs send their youngsters to league 1 & 2 clubs. Vale had a decent crowd on for that game, the only problem that spoilt the night was the few idiots who had to cause bother and smash things up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Josef K said:

(1) Championship. League 1, League 2, how much do they get each from the Sky Deal. 
(2) How much do the National League receive from BT ?. 

(1) EFL deal with Sky is worth £595 for five years from 2018. Not sure how it's broken down.

(2) Not sure of the overall value but currently it's a 3 year deal from 2020 with home sides receiving £6,000 and away sides £2,000 per appearance.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I know it’s painful for Oldham or Scunny if they drop out the football league for reasons of pride and prestige.

But is it financially the nightmare that it would have been in the past?  There’s a lot of good attendances now in the National League.

Will it give either club the chance to regroup?

It's an easy league to fall into and a very, very hard one to get out of.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It's an easy league to fall into and a very, very hard one to get out of.

It must be tough for York City being full time and battling to get out of the NL North. All clubs are trying too reach their promised land but not everyone will get there, i wonder how many clubs are close to a financial meltdown ?. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gingerjon said:

(1) EFL deal with Sky is worth £595 for five years from 2018. Not sure how it's broken down.

(2) Not sure of the overall value but currently it's a 3 year deal from 2020 with home sides receiving £6,000 and away sides £2,000 per appearance.

That looks a lot of cash but sharing it amongst the 72 i suppose it doesn’t go that far. Id imagine the championship clubs would want more cash than the leagues lower than them. 

3 minutes ago, Josef K said:

It must be tough for York City being full time and battling to get out of the NL North. All clubs are trying too reach their promised land but not everyone will get there, i wonder how many clubs are close to a financial meltdown ?. 

I think at that level of non league, you'd be hard pressed to find any that aren't very close to struggling.

But it is positive that attendances hold up, and in many cases increase. I think, to nick a Gavin & Stacey line, a lot of people love the drama of it all.

Just now, Josef K said:

That looks a lot of cash but sharing it amongst the 72 i suppose it doesn’t go that far. Id imagine the championship clubs would want more cash than the leagues lower than them. 

Yes, really not sure how it breaks down but I imagine it covers prize money and clubs will be paid by appearance as well.

9 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Chester, Hereford and Kidderminster are in the same division. All big clubs.

2 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Chester, Hereford and Kidderminster are in the same division. All big clubs.

I remember around three years ago Hereford were in the NL, but like Darlington they hit a rough patch and are battling to get out of the NL North with both being now middle of the table fodder. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

The sweet joy of seeing #### lose on penalties after an obvious hand ball in the equaliser against them.

Actually the ref got it right on the handball. It's a tricky one, but the rule change this season means that if 1) the player accidentally hand balls and 2) he isn't the one who scores or it leads directly to a goal then it's a goal. So therefore if after touching the hand  the ball bounces and someone boots it in it's no goal because the deflection of the hand set up the goal, but in the case last night the player after handling ACCIDENTALLY,  then passed it THEN the goal was scored , it stands. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Actually the ref got it right on the handball. It's a tricky one, but the rule change this season means that if 1) the player accidentally hand balls and 2) he isn't the one who scores or it leads directly to a goal then it's a goal. So therefore if after touching the hand  the ball bounces and someone boots it in it's no goal because the deflection of the hand set up the goal, but in the case last night the player after handling ACCIDENTALLY,  then passed it THEN the goal was scored , it stands. 

I know he got it "right", but its still funny 

United out of the way now. Making it even more obvious that Barnsley are going all the way. Huddersfield are going to get it all taken out on them today. Wembley for the Super Reds !.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

Shocker for Leicester City losing to F*****.  Don't seem to have a decent defence. 

Someone sent me a clip of Leicester fans trying to get into a pub where families were having something to eat. Luckily they didn’t get into the premises, it was shocking footage and those Leicester fans were embarrassing. After what happened at Rotherham, Morecambe, Leyton Orient, with pitch invasions and racist abuse it seems to be getting worse again in football. I hope we don’t see any of this sort of behaviour at RL game’s for the 2022 season.