Football

On 08/02/2022 at 09:55, Mumby Magic said:

Wtf is wrong with footballers. Now we have Kurt Zouma kicking his own cat....

RSPCA confirm cats have been taken away from him.

West Ham have fined him the maximum allowable under their rules - two weeks wages.

Two weeks wages, by the way, is £250,000.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

37 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Chesterfield will be kicking themselves letting a 0-2 lead slip. 

Red card with 30+ minutes left caused the problem. they did well to hang on for so long, including 10 minutes stoppage time, after Stockport equlaised. Stockport had won 9 or 10 on the bounce before last night. 

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

RSPCA confirm cats have been taken away from him.

West Ham have fined him the maximum allowable under their rules - two weeks wages.

Two weeks wages, by the way, is £250,000.

expensive cat

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, devonhawk said:

No, I am taking my daughter up West to watch Frozen the Musical. I can't Let it Go, she'd kill me. 

8yo girls are psychopathic...

If you collect programmes, Barnsley send them out for extra £1.50. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

If you collect programmes, Barnsley send them out for extra £1.50. 

May get me one of those. If we win tonight and Saturday, then I'll still fear the worst 😬 football and rugby have taught me 'always expect rock bottom, and the chances of being miserable rapidly decrease' 😆

• Like 1

And so we shall again…

3 hours ago, devonhawk said:

May get me one of those. If we win tonight and Saturday, then I'll still fear the worst 😬 football and rugby have taught me 'always expect rock bottom, and the chances of being miserable rapidly decrease' 😆

You will beat us. No doubt about it. Not a pasting though. We will get in good positions, Not shoot. Maybe have a late goal disallowed. Story of the season. Started picking and choosing games that I go now. Bit skint. And I can watch other matches on the telly.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2022 at 22:19, Cw25 said:

You will beat us. No doubt about it. Not a pasting though. We will get in good positions, Not shoot. Maybe have a late goal disallowed. Story of the season. Started picking and choosing games that I go now. Bit skint. And I can watch other matches on the telly.

Told you… 

• Thanks 1

And so we shall again…

2 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Get in. Long overdue. We can still stay up. 

It looks as if four clubs will be trying to avoid the bottom three places in the Championship CW. It was a very good win against QPR because they’re not a bad side at all. 
Sunderland seem too be hit & miss AGAIN at the moment in Lge1. It’d be interesting to see how Wycombe would do back in the championship. 
I think Doncaster & Crewe are gone in Lge1 and perhaps the Gills. 
In League 2 FGR are cruising. The Cobblers are in third but they seem to love fritting  from Lgs 1&2. As for Exeter they always seem to bottle it in the play offs. 
The bottom is getting interesting. I still think Scunthorpe are gone, but 23rd spot is a battle between OAFC & Carlisle. Although  Colchester, Barrow & Rochdale could be dragged in to avoiding 23rd, Rochdale  have got games in hand on Barrow, Colchester, Carlisle though. 

• Like 1

Halifax Town fans not happy with The Panthers playing the day after HTFC match was called off. How do they try and sort out pitch issues. Football fans blame the “egg chasers - as they say”, while RL fans blame the football. I wonder if anyone has ever done a study on which sports RL, Football, the other code causes the most damage. Or could it be none of them and instead it could be because of poor drainage ?. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Another win for Rotherham today , I think we can now start asking the question , will they avoid relegation from the championship next season ?

They are having a cracking season along with Wigan Tics. I hope they both go up because i put each way bets on them before the start of the season. They have been better than my other bets of 

WBA. Bradford City, Grimsby Town, Gloucester City. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Josef K said:

They are having a cracking season along with Wigan Tics. I hope they both go up because i put each way bets on them before the start of the season. They have been better than my other bets of 

Yeah. I would have said they were good choices. Not the Gloucester one though. You ignored the big clubs in that division. Maybe that was the idea. I admit it, I said Chester !.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Yeah. I would have said they were good choices. Not the Gloucester one though. You ignored the big clubs in that division. Maybe that was the idea. I admit it, I said Chester !.

I only picked them Cw because i would like them too do well in the city and i thought with them sorting out their stadium that’d be a bonus. I think there is only one relegation spot in the NL North, and they’re 5pts above last place so hopefully they’ll stay up. They are averaging about 1,100 this season which isn’t bad for a struggling side. 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 03:18, Josef K said:

Yes , they both seem certain to go up , the only thing that could stop Wigan challenging for top spot is fixture congestion , well , we could see how they handle this , this week , they play Crewe tonight before travelling to Rotherham on Friday .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Yes , they both seem certain to go up , the only thing that could stop Wigan challenging for top spot is fixture congestion , well , we could see how they handle this , this week , they play Crewe tonight before travelling to Rotherham on Friday .

You’re right Sidi they have to squeeze a lot of games in, id have thought the FAC and the Papa John’s thing would’ve been cast aside but they seem to want too go for everything. 

• Like 2

When Wigan go up. What will happen next season ?. They always seem to be getting promoted or relegated. I am sure they are the most moved team. Wonder if somebody can find out if they are..... Blackpool have done some moving too.

• Like 1