Football

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

There were always spectacular crowds at Tyburn for public hangings and at the Place de La Revolution for guillotinings. The Sun has the highest newspaper circulation and the Daily Mail the busiest web site. Doesn't make them any good though.

If you can point me to the recent quotes from any manager or player who believes Liverpool are no good then I’m all ears.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

This forum has a code of conduct which includes not making personal attacks on other members.

Its not an attack. 

In any case , the code of conduct didn't apply to a recent topic on the main forum.

Edited by JohnM

5 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Its not an attack. 

In any case , the code of conduct didn't apply to a recent topic on the main forum.

I think it’s clear if you are upset with something you should report it rather than carry on making uncalled for remarks.

Your comments on this thread to gingerjon are unnecessary in my opinion.

Its usually a good thread where people stick to discussing the football despite the partisan nature of it.

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Its not an attack. 

It was a joke. I apologise for any offence caused.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

22 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Well that's the Championship title for next season decided , Everton no problem. 😉

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t worried . Next three games are Wolves H , Newcastle H , Watford A . To say they’re vital is an understatement . 4 of next 5 are Hammers United Liverpool Chelsea 

Sky Sports reporting that Woody Johnson owner of the New York Jets has put in an offer to buy Chelsea. After many years of misery following the Jets I can at last be rid of them anybody but Chelsea.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

11 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Sky Sports reporting that Woody Johnson owner of the New York Jets has put in an offer to buy Chelsea. After many years of misery following the Jets I can at last be rid of them anybody but Chelsea.

Chicago media reckon the Cubs owners are in the mix too.

I don't think that's as likely though.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Unbelievable! PSG have blown it again,  they just can't crack the Champions League. Pochettino devalues himself in the race for Man Utd job, the guy is just not a winner. Looks like Erik Ten Haag for O.T.

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Unbelievable! PSG have blown it again,  they just can't crack the Champions League. Pochettino devalues himself in the race for Man Utd job, the guy is just not a winner. Looks like Erik Ten Haag for O.T.

Can’t they give Ole another go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With Abramovich now sanctioned that sale is now in hold. They cannot sell any more tickets for games and their plastic flag shop is closed.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

38 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

With Abramovich now sanctioned that sale is now in hold. They cannot sell any more tickets for games and their plastic flag shop is closed.

Yes, this is a very serious matter and I am, IN NO WAY, finding it very funny indeed.

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Yes, this is a very serious matter and I am, IN NO WAY, finding it very funny indeed.

I've spent the last hour laughing so hard my stomach actually hurts.

If you find a few spare minutes over your lunchtime panini take a look at the Chelsea forums, they're hilarious. A fully-fledged meltdown taking place.

• Like 1

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Just now, nadera78 said:

I've spent the last hour laughing so hard my stomach actually hurts.

If you find a few spare minutes over your lunchtime panini take a look at the Chelsea forums, they're hilarious. A fully-fledged meltdown taking place.

Oh bless their little budget cotton substitute socks.

Roman couldn't offload fast enough and couldn't con a change in ownership via the Foundation.

My tiny violin, hear it play ...

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Couldn't happen to a better club with a better set of fans imo.

I'm a 4th generation QPR fan so, hands up, I'm wildly biased on this issue...but...I'm old enough to remember the National Front at Stamford Bridge, their fans attempting to 'take' the family stand at Loftus Rd, the awful way Ken Bates treated away fans, and a dozen other issues which the club and its flutters conveniently downplay/ignore (it's still the case that they hiss to imitate the sound of gas being released when they play Tottenham FFS!).

And I've sat and watched for 20 years as a man everyone knew was connected to villainy (he went from a market trader financially reliant on his air hostess wife to a billionaire in just a handful of years!) use the wealth he had plundered to buy trophies, destabilise English football in a way we are still learning about and essentially invent sport washing. So, yes, I am going to laugh at this turn of events. And yes, I am going to say this club deserves it. As do the fans, both longstanding and newbies, who were happy to spend his blood money.

I only hope the bloody club goes bust. 

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

13 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I'm a 4th generation QPR fan so, hands up, I'm wildly biased on this issue...but...I'm old enough to remember the National Front at Stamford Bridge, their fans attempting to 'take' the family stand at Loftus Rd, the awful way Ken Bates treated away fans, and a dozen other issues which the club and its flutters conveniently downplay/ignore (it's still the case that they hiss to imitate the sound of gas being released when they play Tottenham FFS!).

And I've sat and watched for 20 years as a man everyone knew was connected to villainy (he went from a market trader financially reliant on his air hostess wife to a billionaire in just a handful of years!) use the wealth he had plundered to buy trophies, destabilise English football in a way we are still learning about and essentially invent sport washing. So, yes, I am going to laugh at this turn of events. And yes, I am going to say this club deserves it. As do the fans, both longstanding and newbies, who were happy to spend his blood money.

It's a serious business

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, nadera78 said:

I'm Leeds as you might know and can completely empathise. Chelsea are just a west London Millwall or West Ham who have had a billionaire use them to sportwash and secure assets. I am also 24 and have lived through a generation of peers where the worst sorts decided to pick up Chelsea as their football club in the 2000s.

• Like 1

On 09/03/2022 at 09:52, Gerrumonside ref said:

Suggesting somebody is an “ignorant bigot” certainly is.

Absolutely. The guy was attacking you. I notice his defence was "what about the other thread..." Says it all. 

Edited by TheFlash

Just now, Irish Saint said:

Wondered why a few of my old comments about Irama Sports had been dug up.

Absolute cowboys.

Getting worse for Chelsea now, credit cards and bank accounts suspended.

Also a key point that Abramovich can't write off his £1.5 billion loan to Chelsea to make them an easier purchase, as that would make it a gift and break every financial fair play/profit and sustainability rule going.

Basically, unless something major changes, looks like Chelsea are doomed. 

And its not even Christmas!

• Haha 1