Football

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Forest v Sheffield United is 3-3 on aggregate. 12 minutes to go in second leg extra time.

If this goes to penalties it won't finish much before 11pm.

Magnificent.

It would be nice for Forest to have a crack at the PL. The game needs a fresh yo-yo team. Seriously, I recall the Forest team when they were the champions of Europe. It seems so long ago.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

1 minute ago, RayCee said:

It would be nice for Forest to have a crack at the PL. The game needs a fresh yo-yo team. Seriously, I recall the Forest team when they were the champions of Europe. It seems so long ago.

It is long ago. It's over 40 years.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

36 minutes ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

Forest should have been out of sight , by half time in the first leg , but tonight , Sheff Utd look like a totally different team ,

Samba’s save with his leg was a fantastic. Even i am nervous and i don’t care who wins. 

15 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Samba was great then.

It's re-enforces what we were saying about the importance of the goalkeepers last week. 

He looked big and could read  where the players were shooting. A good combination!

The save at the end was also vital. 

• Like 1

Someone mentioned on the radio before that a Forest fan has run at Billy Sharp durning the celebrations and head butted him which floored him. Clubs will have to clampdown on pitch invasions, it’s no good banning fans for most of the season and then turn a blind eye for the last couple of league games .

They will have to tell fans if you encroach onto the pitch you will be banned for life. That should then put fans running onto the pitch hopefully. 

3 hours ago, Josef K said:

Someone mentioned on the radio before that a Forest fan has run at Billy Sharp durning the celebrations and head butted him which floored him. Clubs will have to clampdown on pitch invasions, it’s no good banning fans for most of the season and then turn a blind eye for the last couple of league games .

They will have to tell fans if you encroach onto the pitch you will be banned for life. That should then put fans running onto the pitch hopefully. 

Appalling. Prison for sure. 

• Like 2

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

5 hours ago, Josef K said:

It starts with properly investing in stewarding and stadium security. There is precious little of that going on.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, RayCee said:

Appalling. Prison for sure. 

Arrest made already this morning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Arrest made already this morning.

Very heavy fine coming for Forest id imagine. Perhaps clubs will step up security in the future for the last few matches of the season, although it’s a bit late now because the damage is done. I still don’t understand how someone invading the pitch at the start or middle of the season will be dealt with severely, but when it gets to the last couple of league games or play offs it’s a free runaround. It’s as if the clubs just accept it, but they shouldn’t. The rise in hooliganism over the last few years is shocking and worrying. 

3 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

rangers cup final - free on youtube tonite

20 minutes in and Frankfurt are dominating most of the play. It reminds me of England games from 2016 and earlier: Rangers can't hold possession in any meaningful way and Frankfurt look much more dangerous but you don't feel like they'll get blown away.

1 minute ago, Maximus Decimus said:

20 minutes in and Frankfurt are dominating most of the play. It reminds me of England games from 2016 and earlier: Rangers can't hold possession in any meaningful way and Frankfurt look much more dangerous but you don't feel like they'll get blown away.

where are 100k sunburnt drunk Glasweigans and 50k german ultras gonna go after this game when someone has to lose? hope the officials have done their homework on the logistics around the city

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

where are 100k sunburnt drunk Glasweigans and 50k german ultras gonna go after this game when someone has to lose? hope the officials have done their homework on the logistics around the city

I lived across the road from the Etihad stadium when Rangers made their last Euro final.

I don't know much about Frankfurt, but if I lived locally I'd be praying for a Rangers victory.

• Sad 1

On 18/05/2022 at 13:24, Robin Evans said:

One hopes the perpetrator is found, prosecuted and punished accordingly.

I would perhaps expect a custodial sentence for the circumstances and nature of that assault.

24 week sentence and 10 year football banning order.

CCTV and he admitted guilt so fast track justice.