Football

Is it the garish lime green kit that's at fault currently at Brentford?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

22 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Honestly, Man United being humiliated and Chelsea getting angry (and them both being below Leeds in the table after 2 matches) has really made my weekend!

It's been the most banter start to the Premier League I can remember for a while.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

After watching Brentford put four by ManUre the owners of Brighton have sacked their manager Graham Potter.

A statement from Brighton said ‘Seeing we only beat Manchester United 2-1 we fear that we might be battling against relegation.  So we chose to sack Potter to give a new manager as much time as possible to save our season’.

31 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Hearing rumblings from Manchester that some hardcore United fans will be amazed if the Liverpool game goes ahead.

If united fans do that for a second time Liverpool should get the points. 

• Like 2

man u have set up a free helpline for fans distressed by their current form - the number is 0800 10 10 10- thats 0800 won nothing won nothing won nothing 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

If united fans do that for a second time Liverpool should get the points. 

Honestly doubt that most Man Utd fans would care.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

And so banter weekend completes with somewhat of a humbling for Liverpool. 

Is it really too early to suggest it is now City's title to lose after Liverpool draw yet again?

4 points dropped to teams who are going to finish in the bottom half of the table isn't good enough with the standards both Liverpool and City have set over the past 5 years or so. Their next 6 games against Man U, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves and Chelsea are mostly very winnable, but yet again Liverpool are chasing the 8 ball and there will be Champions League fixtures to throw in there.

City are a machine. They have gotten better over summer, and they show no signs of letting up imo. 

10 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Which speaks volumes of where they are at as a club...

The Glazer takeover would illegal in virtually every other country. It should have been blocked.

The club is exactly where it was always going to wind up once the takeover was allowed and it isn't going to improve any time soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Is it really too early to suggest it is now City's title to lose after Liverpool draw yet again?

4 points dropped to teams who are going to finish in the bottom half of the table isn't good enough with the standards both Liverpool and City have set over the past 5 years or so. Their next 6 games against Man U, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves and Chelsea are mostly very winnable, but yet again Liverpool are chasing the 8 ball and there will be Champions League fixtures to throw in there.

City are a machine. They have gotten better over summer, and they show no signs of letting up imo. 

It is only two games and Liverpool could easily have been well ahead before Palace opened the scoring - but ...

You'd rather not be four points behind City at any point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The Glazer takeover would illegal in virtually every other country. It should have been blocked.

The club is exactly where it was always going to wind up once the takeover was allowed and it isn't going to improve any time soon.

Endorsed though at the time by the United politburo (I.e. Charlton etc) and also perhaps even more importantly by Alex Ferguson.

So much money has poured into transfer funds that I do sometimes think the Glazer angle overlooks the really poor management over a long period by United from an unprecedented position atop really even in their history.

A winning culture was allowed to stagnate and decay until it has become a millstone around United’s neck.

Being the best supported club in the country hinders any fan opposition as the hardcore can be replaced by day trippers who spend much more in the Megastore anyway.

I see no easy answers to the absolute mess they are in.

4 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

So much money has poured into transfer funds that I do sometimes think the Glazer angle overlooks the really poor management over a long period by United from an unprecedented position atop really even in their history.

I can't remember if I said but when I did the Manchester Marathon earlier this year, the route takes you around Old Trafford.

I was really taken aback by how tatty and run down most of the place looks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I can't remember if I said but when I did the Manchester Marathon earlier this year, the route takes you around Old Trafford.

I was really taken aback by how tatty and run down most of the place looks.

I parked there for a Lancashire cricket match recently and we said the same thing walking past it to the game.

Now I’ll be the first to admit that as a rival fan I’ve often described it as Castle Greyskull, but maybe nowadays that moniker has more of a ring of truth about it.

United are getting left behind on the stadium front beyond the sheer size factor and number of seats.

35 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I called it from day 1 when some other fans thought it was a good thing. Its a cash cow and all they've done is bought the club with the club's own money. In theory anyone could have done what they've done if they had access to the collateral in the first place.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I thought it was a good rescue of a point in the end by ten men myself.

It really is a marathon and not a sprint in terms of the title, but of course the rest of the league would rather be in City’s position right now if they keep everyone healthy.

Do you feel confident that Leeds will avoid another relegation battle?

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Everton are only 6 points off Man City . If we can maintain that I’ll be happy 

• Haha 2