Football

4 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

We have very different interpretations of the word interested.

My local pub is full of football fans and various screens showing different games. Virtually all my friends love it and watch too - it's pretty nigh on impossible to ignore completely. That's not being particularly interested, it's just seeing what is around you. I only see snatches of the games anyway, most are completely boring *in my opinion*. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

My local pub is full of football fans and various screens showing different games. Virtually all my friends love it and watch too - it's pretty nigh on impossible to ignore completely. That's not being particularly interested, it's just seeing what is around you. I only see snatches of the games anyway, most are completely boring *in my opinion*. 

So dont post on a Football thread!!

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

28 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

So dont post on a Football thread!!

Agreed,this really does annoy me. I don't like NFL or Baseball but I don't go on those threads just to tell people that, I just ignore them.

Football seems the only game / thread that people feel the need to tell others they don't like it. Envy , jealousy perhaps,  a deep loathing,  presumably The Masked Poster now we know how he or she feels won't be back. 

On to football matters, so Steven Gerrard sacked, so it transpires beating the likes of Kilmarnock,  St Mirren and the like isn't necessarily what it takes to manage a Premier league club. 

Edited by HawkMan

36 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

Agreed,this really does annoy me. I don't like NFL or Baseball but I don't go on those threads just to tell people that, I just ignore them.

Football seems the only game / thread that people feel the need to tell others they don't like it. Envy , jealousy perhaps,  a deep loathing,  presumably The Masked Poster now we know how he or she feels won't be back. 

On to football matters, so Steven Gerrard sacked, so it transpires beating the likes of Kilmarnock,  St Mirren and the like isn't necessarily what it takes to manage a Premier league club. 

I'm willing to bet I was watching football before you bud, I aren't coming on to say how much I hate it, I used to love it. But seeing games (with so much at stake) decided by ludicrous decisions that seem to rule out the physical element, for me, is a turn off. I'd actually go further and say it deserves ridicule but that's not my reason for posting. I'll leave you to enjoy it in peace now. 

I watched the Torquay/Altrincham game (i always say Altringham) and what a match. Torquay are bottom whilst the robins were just above the drop zone. Altrincham went 0-2 up after 29mins, but then Torquay hit back to pull level, then on 81mins Torquay went 3-2 up. The robins pulled level on 85mins, but then Torquay had a player sent off on 88mins. Altrincham then took the lead again in the 90th minute, but in the 97th minute Torquay grabbed a point with the last kick of the game. It was a grandstand finish. 

On 24/10/2022 at 21:19, MattSantos said:

The Wrexham doc on Disney is brilliant. Really enjoyed it.

I keep an eye out on their results now..

Wonder what they will say about the Paul Mullin boot scandal? 🙂

IMO people from Liverpool should get one free shot at the Tories each without repercussions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63385682

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

33 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Wonder what they will say about the Paul Mullin boot scandal? 🙂

IMO people from Liverpool should get one free shot at the Tories each without repercussions.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63385682

Biggest shock there is that Wrexham is a Tory seat... Changing my mind on whether i want them to be successful or not now...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

In the weird world of the Npl west division where teams cant put a run together and separated accross the league by only a few points, top of the table Macclesfield (3 points ahead) decide to sack club stalwart Danny Whittaker ,poor form from robbie savage and his partners 

Did anyone see the highlights of the Charlton/Ipswich game ?. What a match i can’t blame some of the Charlton fans leaving the ground in injury time i would’ve done that myself. I wonder how many Ipswich fans left thinking the game was won. Football can be an amazing sport. 

I see LFC have drawn RM in the CL. LFC doesn't have a good record against them. The good part is if they are going to meet RM sometime and lose, better to do it sooner rather than later. LFC will be struggling to make top 4 in the PL and they can then put their focus on that endeavour at what will be for the club a critical part of the domestic season.  

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ebbsfleet v Fleetwood in FA Cup being shown on ITV.

One of Ebbsfleet’s sponsors 247 Blinds is the main Hunslet RLFC sponsor. About every 5 mins the perimeter advertising shows 247 Blinds and then Hunslet RLFC, so we shall again, all in Hunslet’s colours. It’s a bit left field advertising wise but it’s great to see.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moose said:

Ebbsfleet v Fleetwood in FA Cup being shown on ITV.

One of Ebbsfleet’s sponsors 247 Blinds is the main Hunslet RLFC sponsor. About every 5 mins the perimeter advertising shows 247 Blinds and then Hunslet RLFC, so we shall again, all in Hunslet’s colours. It’s a bit left field advertising wise but it’s great to see.

I thought I saw that when I was flicking channels and did a double take!