Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Football

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm sure you know this, but the handball rule has changed. It's not a case of "hits hand, penalty" ...

I read it ... hand in unnatural position outside of natural silhouette etc . And above head etc .Several given this year on that criteria . But it seems to be if you’re mate gives it or not

” an arm above your head or shoulder level is not a natural position “

Edited by DavidM

4 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I read it ... hand in unnatural position outside of natural silhouette etc . And above head etc .Several given this year on that criteria . But it seems to be if you’re mate gives it or not

Oh, it's a complete joke. They've utterly cocked up the whole thing.

EDIT

The terrifying thing is that VAR in the Premier League is a massive improvement on the insulting farce of VAR in the Women's World Cup.

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Oh, it's a complete joke. They've utterly cocked up the whole thing.

Teething problems according to the premier league ...  Or not knowing the rules.  

The IFAB have now confirmed that a handball will be awarded if a player makes his body an "unnatural silhouette", i.e. making his body bigger with his arm. It is also automatically an offence if the arm is above shoulder height.

51FC8CF0-A28E-4C7C-87A2-36FDB9FF16BC.thumb.jpeg.5c44d70debba6b2c09134c3339b9cf13.jpeg

Edited by DavidM

36 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Terrible injury for Andre Gomes. 

Really upsetting to see. The players and staff were very quick to react and help. 

• Like 1

On 03/11/2019 at 18:28, DavidM said:

Both arms above your head is a natural position if you are Italian.

• Haha 1

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

The injury to Gomes and some of the tackles I saw on EFL on Quest are why slide tackles will eventually be outlawed. The potential for injury when players are running at the speeds that they can reach nowadays is great. IMO a properly executed rugby tackle is safer.

The whole question of VAR is getting out of hand because they wont tweak it as the season progresses , they think it isn`t fair to do so , so we`ll keep giving the same incorrect decisions until the end of the Season then change it .The ball brushing the hand and someone whos elbow is offside , REALLY ? Anyone can see that it is sheer madness .

34 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

When I see the use of VAR on Match of the Day, I'm glad my team are in Division 4 😂

I feel the same in rugby . We get the worst refs and touchies but you can still keep your video ref . I just can’t be doing with it personally .

Seems i am doomed at the Bookies these days , took Arsenal to win at Liverpool in the cup , got 12-1 for 4 goals or more scored , 3-1 and 4-2 up and drew . Last night did same bet on Ajax , got 10-1 to win and 4 goals or more scored , 4-1 up , 2 men sent off , draw again , i give up !

FA Cup 1st Round this weekend, Blackpool v Morecambe looks like a tasty derby.

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

as tasty as those muscles? (private joke between me and bleep)

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black

8 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Is it not on TV? 

I had a look but as usual the games chosen aren't very exciting. 

Good week for English & Scottish clubs in Europe this week, no-one lost, although Arsenal did try their hardest, and Man City used 3 Goalkeepers.

I did spot this article, and we complain when it's chilly......  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49760851

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

With just 2 wins in the FA Cup in the last 7 seasons and having never won away at Cheltenham, here's hoping those 2 negatives can make a positive for my club today. 😀 

Doubt it though 😢

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

The Ginger Pele scores his 15th and 16th goals of the season to send Swindon top. 😀

Hoping Town can sort out a deal with Bradford some we can keep him. 

_20191026_175350.JPG

Great stat! 

Today’s win at Salford City means Swindon Town are the only team in the Football League to have beaten all 91 fellow members of the top four tiers. 😀

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Great stat! 

Today’s win at Salford City means Swindon Town are the only team in the Football League to have beaten all 91 fellow members of the top four tiers. 😀

I like that one!

I've checked - because I'm that sad - and if Bromley and Barrow come up then you're fine because you've played and beaten them. Halifax Town you can pretend are the same as the old Halifax Town. But you've never played Solihull Moors and they're third at the minute...

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I like that one!

I've checked - because I'm that sad - and if Bromley and Barrow come up then you're fine because you've played and beaten them. Halifax Town you can pretend are the same as the old Halifax Town. But you've never played Solihull Moors and they're third at the minute...

You have too much time on your hands 🤣

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

You have too much time on your hands 🤣

There's a really quick link on 11v11 so it's not actually that hard when you're only checking the teams at the top of the division below.

But, yes, also that.

• Haha 1

Had a quick look at the Euro play off structure . Now my head hurts . Deary me how to make things as unintelligible as possible ... And Scotland already had a play off through beating Albania and Israel in the nations league ( you may have missed those games ) . So I’m thinking what’s the point of playing a year of qualifiers then ? Im sure I’m thick and it’s all been superbly worked out but boy they don’t help themselves in how people perceive it ! And then we get to the laudable initiative of spreading games round in the tournament itself , but my brain cell couldn’t absorb how that works in the same thinking session 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/19692/11860009/euro-2020-play-offs-all-you-need-to-know

Edited by DavidM

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Had a quick look at the Euro play off structure . Now my head hurts . Deary me how to make things as unintelligible as possible ... And Scotland already had a play off through beating Albania and Israel in the nations league ( you may have missed those games ) . So I’m thinking what’s the point of playing a year of qualifiers then ? Im sure I’m thick and it’s all been superbly worked out but boy they don’t help themselves in how people perceive it ! And then we get to the laudable initiative of spreading games round in the tournament itself , but my brain cell couldn’t absorb how that works in the same thinking session 

It's a doddle, don't know what you're talking about … https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020_qualifying#Format

• Like 1