Football

Big Championship game on Wednesday. A win for QPR puts us 9 points clear in the play off race. Hopefully, Middlesbrough have a cup hangover from last Friday’s win at Wet Dreams.

• Like 2

And so we shall again…

12 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Wtf is wrong with footballers. Now we have Kurt Zouma kicking his own cat....

I think footballers are put on a pedestal where they are the most important people in their own world, that they feel they can do no wrong. Obviously, this doesn’t apply to all players, but Zouma, Barton, Giggs, Goodwillie, Evans and many so others, revel in their self-importance. 

And so we shall again…

5 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Wtf is wrong with footballers.

As someone said about a recent allegation of sexual assault made against a player when the question, "Why are footballers like this?" was made, the answer came:

"Because men are like this"

You can probably expand that to 'people' when it comes to treating animals badly.

If it was only footballers then the RSPCA wouldn't exist.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

As someone said about a recent allegation of sexual assault made against a player when the question, "Why are footballers like this?" was made, the answer came:

"Because men are like this"

You can probably expand that to 'people' when it comes to treating animals badly.

If it was only footballers then the RSPCA wouldn't exist.

the relationship between humans and animals is in the main appalling and one of the largest flaws in the arrogance existence of mankind 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Wtf is wrong with footballers. Now we have Kurt Zouma kicking his own cat....

imagine if that had been a white footballer kicking a gollywog doll across the room even though the doll is not a living thing the story would have gone viral - we need to get our priorities right -  society is going insane

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The fight for the drop has really opened up in Div 2, with Oldham beating a v poor Bristol Rovers, and Vale easing to a win at Carlisle. Oldham who looked doomed a few weeks ago are now two pts behind Carlisle and they have a game in hand. Walsall are also in the fight now after their loss at Scunthorpe, but i still think The Iron are doomed. 
Forest Green are coasting at the top. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cw25 said:

Forget tonight. QPR home on Saturday. Need a win, Would love a win. No chance of getting a win. Don't know why I bother.

We can’t let that happen. That said, being a QPR supporter, I am well aware we can completely balls it up…. 

• Like 1

And so we shall again…

Over 10,000 fans for the non-league Stockport-Chesterfield game last night.

• Like 3

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

42 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Non-league football is thriving. I watch (when not at QPR) Clapton CFC (Step 7) who average 350 and Buckland Athletic (Step 5) who must be averaging 250. 

• Like 1

And so we shall again…

On 03/02/2022 at 15:22, DavidM said:

Can’t believe you can still get 4-1 on everton being relegated after transfer deadline day … There’s just no way on earth this is happening 

I didn’t say this 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, devonhawk said:

We can’t let that happen. That said, being a QPR supporter, I am well aware we can completely balls it up…. 

Are you going on Saturday ?. I'm not tbh.

42 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Are you going on Saturday ?. I'm not tbh.

No, I am taking my daughter up West to watch Frozen the Musical. I can't Let it Go, she'd kill me. 

8yo girls are psychopathic...

• Like 1

And so we shall again…

Anyone care  about the World Club Championship? No , me neither,  why FIFA persist with it I don't know. However FTA on E4 at 16.30 Chelsea vs Al - Hilal . Come on you Middle Eastern Gentlemen.!

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Anyone care  about the World Club Championship? No , me neither,  why FIFA persist with it I don't know. However FTA on E4 at 16.30 Chelsea vs Al - Hilal . Come on you Middle Eastern Gentlemen.!

I would care more if there was more equality between at least Europe and South America in footballing terms club wise as there was up to the 1990s.

1 hour ago, HawkMan said:

Nobody cares but it must make money for them or else FIFA wouldn't bother.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 hours ago, devonhawk said:

Non-league football is thriving. I watch (when not at QPR) Clapton CFC (Step 7) who average 350 and Buckland Athletic (Step 5) who must be averaging 250. 

6 hours ago, tim2 said:

Chesterfield will be kicking themselves letting a 0-2 lead slip.