Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Football

Just seen the game highlights and the City goals looked first rate. I'm no expert these days but if I didn't know who were the top team here by miles, I wouldn't have guessed from this game. Someone at work told me that Chelsea allowed any lower teams (ie not PL) to keep all of the gate money in an FA cup game..is that true or BS?

I think it's BS but gate receipts are shared in the cup so, as well as £90,000 for winning the tie Bradford will have a share of the the 30,000+ crowd to add to the coffers.  No money from being televised this round but you have to think they will get that next round and that's another £60,000+ to add before gate receipts.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Not looking good for Dodgy Daves Team at the moment

Better players leaving or wanting too

Relegation looks iminent

Yep, although I'd argue there are no better players, them leaving are the ones who have spent the 1st half of the season securing 2nd bottom in the table!

It's a good day to be a black and white!

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

It's a good day to be a black and white!

The Newcastle fans in White Harte last night seemed to think so.

Do they have some kind of homing instinct that leads them to Scottish & Newcastle pubs?

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Do they have some kind of homing instinct that leads them to Scottish & Newcastle pubs?

I think their homing instinct is actually called the internet. Edited by Wiltshire Rhino

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

I think their homing instinct is actually called the internet.

That's because nobody can get on the 606 phone-in for Liverpool fans.

I take it you mean "Ye Olde White Harte"?  :nono:

Can you talk proper please?  :angry:

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

I take it you mean "Ye Olde White Harte"?  :nono:

Can you talk proper please?  :angry:

Well if we're getting all smarty pants about it it should be "Þe Olde White Harte".

Well if we're getting all smarty pants about it it should be "Þe Olde White Harte".

Tell that to the bloke who painted the bloody sign then.

6265883364_a0040b66b4_m.jpg

Up yours.

Tell that to the bloke who painted the bloody sign then.

6265883364_a0040b66b4_m.jpg

Up yours.

Don't you mean ye bloody sign?

Don't you mean ye bloody sign?

Don't you mean "Þe bloody sign"?

"Tight lipped ashen faced supremo Ron Knee........................"

His first move will be to sign 'Baldy' Pevsner and Wally Foot on a Bosman...

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

This just in.  In an unprecedented move,  'arry takes the reins at Hull FC and Radford moves to QPR. 

Four legs good - two legs bad

Harry Redknapp has resigned at QPR

Cardiff are going to need a new manager soon :) then again Vincent Tan will probably appoint some inexperienced rookie from the Malaysian league or some sh!t like that.

I think Bradford City are playing their next FA cup game on Feb 15 at home. I wonder if it will have any affect on people who might be going to Leigh for the first game?

I think Bradford City are playing their next FA cup game on Feb 15 at home. I wonder if it will have any affect on people who might be going to Leigh for the first game?

I don't think it'll have too big an impact to be honest - we've clashed with City before in recent seasons without to big an impact either way. I think the two things in our favour although City did well in the last round it isn't the most amazing draw they could have had, and we are away. I think if we'd have been playing at Odsal that day and they had drawn Man U it would be different. Away games are pretty much the die hards - not saying there isn't crossover but not as much.

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I don't think it'll have too big an impact to be honest - we've clashed with City before in recent seasons without to big an impact either way. I think the two things in our favour although City did well in the last round it isn't the most amazing draw they could have had, and we are away. I think if we'd have been playing at Odsal that day and they had drawn Man U it would be different. Away games are pretty much the die hards - not saying there isn't crossover but not as much.

25% of Valley Parade will be given over to Sunderland anyway so Bradford City won't be able to sell as many tickets to casuals as they would do if it was a suddenly important league game.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Yeah I'd agree with that.

25% of Valley Parade will be given over to Sunderland anyway so Bradford City won't be able to sell as many tickets to casualties as they would do if it was a suddenly important league game.

Amended for accuracy.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police