Football

Burnley fans singing "You're going down with the Burnley" at the KC Stadium today, fantastic result.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

As if Hull Tigers didn't have enough problems, I bet their midfielder feels a reet charlie...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hull-city/11608450/Hull-midfielder-Jake-Livermore-tests-positive-for-cocaine.html

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

As if Hull Tigers didn't have enough problems, I bet their midfielder feels a reet charlie...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/hull-city/11608450/Hull-midfielder-Jake-Livermore-tests-positive-for-cocaine.html

Oh dear, on the eve of a massive game for his current club against his former club too.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Oh dear, on the eve of a massive game for his current club against his former club too.

You take far too much interest for my liking.

• 2 weeks later...

Is that Hull Tigers I see going down?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Is that Hull Tigers I see going down?

Just spotted a Tigers fan in the crowd at the KC sporting a Smiths t-shirt.

Heaven knows they're miserable now.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I suppose it would have been a downer on the city's mood for Magic Weekend if Newcastle had been relegated.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just spotted a Tigers fan in the crowd at the KC sporting a Smiths t-shirt.

Heaven knows they're miserable now.

Haha, absolutely fantastic.

Cross Keys was a great place to be although no one seemed to be joining in my euphoria.

Lets hear it for Alex Neil

Got promotion for Hamilton Academical to the scottish premier league.Now he does it again with Norwich to the English premier league.Could Manchester United come calling?

Lets hear it for Alex Neil

Got promotion for Hamilton Academical to the scottish premier league.Now he does it again with Norwich to the English premier league.Could Manchester United come calling?

He certainly seems to have something. What he did with Hamilton was extraordinary, and although Norwich are a much better club it is no small achievement to get them pack in the top flight.

He could be the next alex Ferguson.

He helped build Accies reputation for producing young footballers through their youth system.They rely on this for the first team.

A good club but poorly supported because of the proximity of Celtic and Rangers.

As part of my occasional 'lets's give soccer another chance' moments, I watched the Canada v China opening game of the Women's World Soccer Cup last night. I remember someone once telling me that the slower pace of the women's game makes for a more entertainment with a better use of skill and that there is less squirming around on the floor as if shot.  Only one of these things is true. It IS slower!

As part of my occasional 'lets's give soccer another chance' moments, I watched the Canada v China opening game of the Women's World Soccer Cup last night. I remember someone once telling me that the slower pace of the women's game makes for a more entertainment with a better use of skill and that there is less squirming around on the floor as if shot.  Only one of these things is true. It IS slower!

I didn't see last night's match, but I've watched women's Football in the past and quite enjoyed it. Kelly Smith was a quality player for England, but I think she's retired now. Ditto Birgit Prinz.

But the skill level and overall quality is more variable than the men's game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pretty rubbish game that but at least Canadaland won.  Germany had a strange 10-0 victory over Cote d'Ivoire yesterday - strange in the sense that it was clear the Ivorians weren't *bad* players as such just hopelessly outgunned and nowhere near as well coached.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...

Hull Tigers have learned that their first match of the 2015/2016 overpaid diving season is away against Accrington Stanley in the first round of the Capital One Trophy.

If the game is a draw will the Allams, in line with their £16 to watch Hull Tigers v Burnley but £50 to watch Hull Tigers v Chelsea, way of thinking, charge half a crown for the replay?

Edited by Old Frightful

Hull Tigers have learned that their first match of the 2015/2016 overpaid diving season is away against Accrington Stanley in the first round of the Capital One Trophy.

If the game is a draw will the Allams, in line with their £16 to watch Hull Tigers v Burnley but £50 to watch Hull Tigers v Chelsea, way of thinking, charge half a crown for the replay?

My heart bleeds for them... yeah, right!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the Women's World Cup, the late Kirsty McColl's score prediction is currently spot on.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Australia have just dumped Brazil out of the Women's World Cup. 

Their Ashes tourists are favourites in the Cricket...

...and the Kangaroos will spend the post-Grand Final months of the year doing, well, nothing except stew on their ANZAC battering.

Ralph Waldo Emerson