Football

On 15/05/2018 at 8:05 PM, Gerrumonside ref said:

Salah has broken the Premier League single season goals record in his debut season at Liverpool and taken them to the final of the Champions League.

They’ve also beaten De Bruyne team on 3 out of 4 occasions this season, only losing when down to ten men.

De Bruyne even voted himself for Salah.

I accept you have made some good points. 

I looked at the previous winners and goalscorers have won often before whilst not playing for the champions. Gary Lineker is an obvious example.

Sometimes creative players for the champions such as Mahrez have won.

I think as DavidM alluded to it was a flip of the coin this year. The best 2 players were the top 2.

17 minutes ago, Niels said:

I accept you have made some good points. 

I looked at the previous winners and goalscorers have won often before whilst not playing for the champions. Gary Lineker is an obvious example.

Sometimes creative players for the champions such as Mahrez have won.

I think as DavidM alluded to it was a flip of the coin this year. The best 2 players were the top 2.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Niels said:

Tonight's game is the Scottish Play off between Livingston and Partick.

Hopefully it will be an interesting match.

Partick Thistle nil .... as Billy Connolly famously said 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niels said:

Tonight's game is the Scottish Play off between Livingston and Partick.

Hopefully it will be an interesting match.

The play offs in Scotland go on a bit don't they? 

By the way the Mighty Whites are at Wembley v Aston Villa but the tickets are extortionate. Luckily as A senior my ticket is only thirty quid in the top tier but some full price tickets are up to £94 plus booking fees.And in RL some people think £20 odd is too much for a top game!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bazzzz65 said:

The play offs in Scotland go on a bit don't they? 

By the way the Mighty Whites are at Wembley v Aston Villa but the tickets are extortionate. Luckily as A senior my ticket is only thirty quid in the top tier but some full price tickets are up to £94 plus booking fees.And in RL some people think £20 odd is too much for a top game!

Yes I like the format though and Livi played really well tonight.

Yes I watched a few Fulham games on Sky including the semi final. Fulham are so good to watch and I hope they get promoted. 

The Wembley pitch should suit them and they have the quality players. 

I will watch the final on tv and I hope Fulham win for you.

• Like 1

I hope Fulham win to . Been decent to watch whereas villa and boro was total purgatory . One team didn’t try to score and and the other nicked a goal then didn’t  need to . I would have put sessegon at least on the stand by list and maybe even in 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

I hope Fulham win to . Been decent to watch whereas villa and boro was total purgatory . One team didn’t try to score and and the other nicked a goal then didn’t  need to . I would have put sessegon at least on the stand by list and maybe even in 

Cheers! Ive been to about fifteen home games and seven away games this season but I m not a season ticket holder as Rugby League matches take precedence and my overseas trips mean I miss many games.I should buy a season ticket for next season as I only need to go to about 12 games in the Championship or about 7 in the Premier League to cover the cost and I can let my neighbors have the ticket when I can t go. Now we are in Whitley Bay for Magic weekend. A pub crawl in Tynemouth and Whitley Bay is the plan starting in half an hour.

• Like 1

Clearly, the Hall of Fame player Brandi Chastain has made some powerful enemies in the plaque-sculpting community.

BrandiChastainHOF.jpg

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

the champions league final was better on a wed nite on itv- yet another thing that has been shunted about and put on a channel that you don't have, wouldn't want and have other things to do on a Saturday nite anyway- good luck the reds anyway- time slot and channel not for me- at a gig Saturday nite, that's what we do.

Edited by graveyard johnny

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

the champions league final was better on a wed nite on itv- yet another thing that has been shunted about and put on a channel that you don't have, wouldn't want and have other things to do on a Saturday nite anyway- good luck the reds anyway- time slot and channel not for me- at a gig Saturday nite, that's what we do.

Totally agree with that , it’s as if they don’t want folk to watch 

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Looks like they do: http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/feature/a857673/free-champions-league-final-live-stream-liverpool-real-madrid/

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

It was transmitted freeview last year and it will be again this year. 

Its a pan European competition that just doesn’t pander to the UK market - have you ever considered the majority of viewers throughout Europe actually like Saturday Night?

38 minutes ago, DavidM said:

For the most part they want to claw back the money they paid for it. Football is a business after all, however they will still show the final for free

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

For the most part they want to claw back the money they paid for it. Football is a business after all, however they will still show the final for free

Aye it’s crippling them isn’t it . I got it for the ashes ( which was a good idea ) then cancelled it . Football sure is a business , no idea why they call it sport anymore , it’s just crazy at the higher echelons. Totally disconnected nowadays from reality 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Aye it’s crippling them isn’t it . I got it for the ashes ( which was a good idea ) then cancelled it . Football sure is a business , no idea why they call it sport anymore , it’s just crazy at the higher echelons. Totally disconnected nowadays from reality 

Not saying it’s right or wrong. Just the way it is nowadays.

If I wanted to watch a game that I didn’t have access to, I’d just go the pub to watch. Prefer that to watching at home anyway. Feels more sociable

Just now, Spidey said:

Not saying it’s right or wrong. Just the way it is nowadays.

If I wanted to watch a game that I didn’t have access to, I’d just go the pub to watch. Prefer that to watching at home anyway. Feels more sociable

True , supply n demand I guess 

23 minutes ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

I'm actually looking forward to this European Cup Final as I'm hoping Liverpool just "go for it". Expecting a good game! 

It'll now be a 0-0 dullfest! 

It can't be as mad as Liverpool's last win in this tournament, can it?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Only just seen the goals from the final...

Oh boy Karius will need a bit of help after that...

• Sad 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

7 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Go on Liverpool!

I hope you enjoyed the game even in defeat, it is a great achievement to get to the final and be a part of the occasion. 

I thought it was the most entertaining final for years and that Real Madrid had to be at their absolute best as a team to win.

6 hours ago, Niels said:

I hope you enjoyed the game even in defeat, it is a great achievement to get to the final and be a part of the occasion. 

I thought it was the most entertaining final for years and that Real Madrid had to be at their absolute best as a team to win.

Losing your best player to a freak injury and then having your keeper put in that kind of performance renders any kind of enjoyment impossible.

One to forget very quickly!

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Watch it live, free and legally online, thanks to BT Sport.

https://youtu.be/CTLMDo682pU

I watched on You Tube on the tube and in the pub after Fulham s great win at Wembley. I think we will do well in the Premier League next season if we keep. Sess ,Cairney and Mitro and add four or five proven Premier League players.

• Like 1