Ground Improvements

Ricardo Taylor

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random post on here but im travelling up from Workington on saturday never been to the ground before, where's best spot for a pint pre game?.... I'm glad were not playing fev this time

Rovers clubhouse once you are in the ground, or they're beer outlets around the ground. There Is also the last orders on Station lane near the railway crossing

Im Fev and im proud

• 2 weeks later...

just had a count up of a bag of money that was given to me late on Monday night. £9.23. I shall be at my usual perch on Sunday fishing for folk to take jars. All contributions no matter how small will make a huge difference to the current ground development works. Show the volunteers that we as fans appreciate the fantastic work that is being done for the benefit of future generations of Featherstone Fans.

We all have different sized pockets and different length arms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to the fans who collected jars from me at the match last night. There are now some 50 jars in circulation. Two were returned last night and the contents are now counted ready for team Covo, £12.29 which is brilliant  news. All the jars are donated by myself and all the proceeds are for the ground improvements.

There have been requests for pickles but these have been a little unpopular. Jam and Marmalade will be available at home matches until the end of the season. I shall be at the steps to the terracing to give out jars and take full jars back or simple donations.

Many thanks for your continued support

Thanks go to Stuart Jodrell for his marvellous effort in his evelope scheme which raised in excess of £3000. Thanks to all who made contributions nomatter how much. big cheers to you all. hope the team match this on sunday with a brilliant performance

• 2 weeks later...

thanks all those who dropped off jars or simply called to say hello. i have a bit off counting to do and will keep you informed of the totals.

i wii bring a  supply to the fans forum.

Thanks again for you support

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to Stuart Jodrell for organising the foreign coin collection for todays game. Like the jars this is an on going project that will run along side my jars.

£148 has been handed over to Paul Coventry today so his team can continue with the marathon project. thanks go to the great folk who returned jars today. Got plenty of counting to do later in the week

Some more jars have been dropped off so i will be counting money tonight instead of really concentrating on a less important sporting fixture. 10 jars to count out. Thanks to the brilliant folk who are donating

Many thanks to Stuart Jodrell for organising the foreign coin collection for todays game. Like the jars this is an on going project that will run along side my jars.

£148 has been handed over to Paul Coventry today so his team can continue with the marathon project. thanks go to the great folk who returned jars today. Got plenty of counting to do later in the week

Foreign coins can also be left at South Elmsall Travel (13 Barnsley Road, South Elmsall)

We'll be fetching in anything we collect to each home game.

We're also collecting foreign coins from our customers, even got some off a Cas fan the other day!

Now for the shameless plug bit, if you're going on holiday this year, we've got Euros, Dollars and Turkish Lira in stock and can get get most others next day.  We've got fantastic rates and are usually miles better than The Post Office.

Foreign coins can also be left at South Elmsall Travel (13 Barnsley Road, South Elmsall)

We'll be fetching in anything we collect to each home game.

We're also collecting foreign coins from our customers, even got some off a Cas fan the other day!

Now for the shameless plug bit, if you're going on holiday this year, we've got Euros, Dollars and Turkish Lira in stock and can get get most others next day.  We've got fantastic rates and are usually miles better than The Post Office.

Its  not shameless its just exploring options

Many thanks to those who have returned jars recently, over £40 is ready to be donated. All monies raised are in good faith for the stand project and this is where the money is going. Many thanks for your continued support it is really appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

The will be a meeting at the White House Featherstone at about 8.00pm to discuss fund raising to keep the stand gang busy. The meetings are very informal and any one is more than welcome to attend.

I posted on Facebook about the meeting on Tuesday and omitted to inform the forum members. This is my fault, apologies to you all who do not use facebook.

Four turned out for the meeting, Stuart Jodrell, Steve Godber, Lorne Mosley and myself.

A review to place of the Fund raising last year and so far this year.

The Envelope scheme raised a total of £4217 so far. It is now possible to donate on line via the club shop.

The Foreign coin collection is on going and donations can be made at the club shop or at collection points at first team matches.

The jars of  Jam,  Pickles and other jars is on going and raises about £600 annually. Again more jars are available on match days.

The Supermarket Bag Fill raised just short of £200 and is hopefully going to be repeated later in the year.

The Pasta Jar idea took a lot of time for the return and is unlikely to be repeated.

Other ideas discussed as follows.

Lorne suggested the  Wild Rover is  digitised and sold via CD at £10. This was treated with great enthusiasm by all present but will take time to organise.

A car Treasure Hunt was looked at for the end of the season with a cost of £10 per car with a suitable prize being given depending on entrants.

Stuart suggested a Christmas Fayre but it was felt that the event would take far too much in the way of organising.

Another meeting will take place soon and details will be given in advance,

Don't forget to return jars or pick jars at all home matches and drop off your old coins and Foreign coins. I shall be at the steps to the terracing from about 2 15

Thank you for your continued support

Ricardo

The sponsored bike ride from Blackpool was also mentioned and this would be left with those are organising it.

Many thanks for the avalanche of jars, bags of both English and foreign coins, that were dropped off yesterday. Counting commenced this afternoon of the jars and I am really pleased to report that £237 will be given to help with the brilliant work being done.

There are still 2 jars to count.

Two people were approached yesterday and have agreed to collect foreign coins on our behalf. Thanks go to Harold Box of the last Orders and Roy of white Rose Optical Wakefield. If you would like to take responsibility for a jar let me know.

Thanks again for your superb support

Archived