Ground Improvements

Ricardo Taylor

The £237 has been handed over to the club today. The last 2 jars have been counted and some part bags added. a further £41 will be handed over soon. As soon as any money is handed over it is spent in keeping the project moving. Thanks very much for your donations, it is really appreciated by all concerned.

You can drop jars off at the club during normal office hours, at the club shop or on match days

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody mentioned at the last match that we still need between 40 and 60k to finish. it would be nice to know the figure we are aiming for. I recently read an article on Coal Board Regeneration areas, of which we are one saying grants available to the area that qualify. I wonder if we do that is if the organisation still exists. Meantime lets oall carry on doing our best for the club. See you Richard.

Counted the last two jars and added some of the part bags.£41 taken to the club today. Sure I will have a shed load of counting to do after the next home match.

Every penny donated is much appreciated by all at the club.

I went into my office today to start the mammoth task of clearing out my desk. I managed to bring home the important things, those associated with Featherstone and two jars that I have been filling with what I could find in vending machines and on the floor at college . These have been counted and £87 taken to the club this afternoon.

UTR

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea to improve dvd quality. Get them to go on a course because I can't count amount of times I've seen a stray hand,wire or someones head in the camera view during game. Audio on last dvd against barrow was dull for some reason. For the people who are unable to attend matches It would be nice for a bit of an improvement on the guys doing the dvd. Just be more aware of your surroundings. Plus according to the commentator, Wayne Rooney is playing for us ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

As the season is drawing to a close, very sadly, we need to remain focused on Fund Raising during the close season. The collection of Foreign coins and notes and old English money will continue.

Jars are already available at the following locations Leeds City College Technology Campus opposite the Merrion Centre, White Rose Optical Wakefield City Centre and the Last Orders Featherstone. There is also the opportunity at South Elmsall at South Elmsall Travel.

There is a jar hopefully being placed at Crofton High School.

To help maximise this brilliant idea and opportunity I have several large sweet jars available. Outlets are required. If you could take responsibility to look after a jar please contact me so arrangements can be made to let you have one. The more jars are out there the greater is the opportunity to raise funds from the public who do not attend matches.

Lets show the hard working volunteers that we really care about Featherstone Rovers.

• 2 weeks later...

Well what a weekend game it was. A big very well done to the lads for the effort that has gone in.

I have counted the contents of the jars and is ready to give to Team Covo.

An amazing £189 will be handed over as soon as possible.

I shall be in my usual place at about 2:30 ish to collect foreign coins and to receive jars have a natter or make a donation. Thanks again for your generosity.

Ricardo

Hi Richard

I pledged £10 on Facebook to the stand fund when I did my ice bucket challenge, but I'm not sure who to give it to. Is it ok to give it to you on sunday at the game and will you ensure it goes into the fund.

Thank you, Darren

NL2 GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2007

CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS 2010

Championship Winners 2011

Championship Champions 2011

• 2 weeks later...

Well folks all the jars are now counted and an amazing £166 is to be handed over for ground improvements. £189 has also been handed over to help with the project work. This year a total of £754 will have been handed over. This an amazing amount.

There will be an amnesty on jars this weekend end so bring your jars back and drop off in the club shop whether it is inside or outside. I will not be collecting jars this week end end at the match as i have been asked to carry out other duties.

The scheme will be run again next season so start savingyour loose change.

Thanks for your support this year as usual its brilliant.

Good  luck to all the team this afternoon.

As it is the last home match of the season please return your jars, even if only part full and drop off at the outside club shop. The scheme will continue next season so put your loose change to one side.

For those wanting to make a donation a large sweet jar will be on the stand for any contribution of English or foreign coins.

Thanks again for all your amazing support, it is greatly appreciated.

The jars are counted and bagged up.£35 has been handed over. At this stage there are always part bags that require to be filled ready for banking. This amounts to a further £37 23 in various denominations. This will roll over for banking when jars are returned.

Thanks again for your help and support

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the jars yesterday much appreciated. If any one has a jar out you may bring it back at any time. Tomorrow you  can take advantage of the Black Friday so why not kill two birds with one stone ( Apologies to the RSPB)

I've also handed over £500 to #TeamCovo for the ground improvements born out of Terry's stoptober smoking campaign and people sponsoring him

Im Fev and im proud

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ricardo,

Great to see monies still coming in - should have another jar for you in the New Year.

Do you know how things are progressing with the ground?

Winding down now for a two week break, they richly deserve

Im Fev and im proud

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you all know that just over £1000 was raised with the jars last season, which is brilliant news.

I shall be continuing with the Spread and save next season and will be stocking up shortly with jars of jam ,marmalade , pickles etc.

If you have any particular preference please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate your requirements. All the jars are donated by me so the club gets every penny for the stands and ground improvements.

I will keep you all informed as to when jars are ready.

All the very best for 2015

Ricardo

• 4 weeks later...

The Spread and Save was started  last night at the shirt presentation night. 20 jars were given out and 2 jars were returned. A brilliant start to the campaign. I have 20 jars still available so they will be ready at the first home match of the season. More supplies will be made available as we continue the season. 

Remember all proceeds are for the ground  improvements.

Regards

Ricardo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for all those who took jars from me yesterday. Two jars were returned. Due to congestion at the match together with the pre match rain jars were given out after the game in the club house.

I will keep you informed of the monies raised.

Jars will also be given out at the next few home games.

Whilst the stands are in action now, funds will be to complete the magnificent work of the volunteers.

Thanks for your valuable support.  :D  :D

Archived