Ground Improvements

Ricardo Taylor

The contents of the jars have been counted. A total £106 will be presented to Paul Coventry during the week.

For those of you who are unaware of this fund raiser it is as follows.

Pick up a jar of jam or marmalade from me on a match day. Enjoy the contents of the jar . Wash the jar out and then start filling jar with your loose change.

I donate all the jars so every penny goes to the club.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ricardo,

Hope all is well.

Just in case people think a jar of change won't make much difference, could you please post your running total for monies raised by this method. It's amazing what can be achieved if we all muck in. The total you quoted when we last spoke was jaw dropping - I could have a guess but don't want to steal your thunder.

You, like the volunteers working on the ground, deserve a medal.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Hi Ricardo,

Hope all is well.

Just in case people think a jar of change won't make much difference, could you please post your running total for monies raised by this method. It's amazing what can be achieved if we all muck in. The total you quoted when we last spoke was jaw dropping - I could have a guess but don't want to steal your thunder.

You, like the volunteers working on the ground, deserve a medal.

Thanks for that. A most are aware this scheme has been running for many years now and is a continual process. I first started doing for Frisa and now for the Ground Improvement fund. Over the years somewhere in the region of £10 000 has been raised.

Last year the scheme raised in excess of £1000. Not all jars are returned however which is a shame but that is life. All the jars are donated by myself so every penny goes to the club.

I will continue with scheme for as long as possible and it amazes me how generous Featherstone fans are.

I shall be at the steps to the terracing at all home matches. so pick up a jar, enjoy the contents and return the jars full of your loose change.

Every penny does count to this great club of ours and is really appreciated by the club.

If you want a jar other than jam or marmalade let me know and it will be sorted.

Thanks again for your help.

I dropped off The £106 yesterday at the club and picked up two more jars Theses were counted last night and contained nearly £20.

Its the old saying many hands make light work.

Up the Rovers

• 2 weeks later...

More supplies of Jam and Marmalade have been purchased. I shall be at the cottage end steps prior

to the game and in the club house after the game.

I will also have a jar for any donations as well. let us ensure that the job can be completed.

There is still at lot of work to do so lets keeps the lads busy.

looking forward to all those full jars being returned as well, which some of you have promised.

UTR

Many thanks to the super Featherstone fans who took jars last Sunday, threw money into buckets etc. All my jars of Jam and Marmalade were taken.

My sincere thanks go the gentleman who donated jars of Pickled Onions, Cabbage and Beetroot. These will be distributed at the next home game. I shall be at the bottom of the steps to the Cottage End terracing.

If you have a jar to hand in these may be taken to the club at any time during opening hours and I can collect them from there.

Come and have a natter with me prior to the match, take a jar and throw some money in my empty jar.

We have a fantastic club, brilliant fans and some talented volunteers. lets keep them all busy they still have a lot to do.

Thanks again

Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...

Friday evening sees London coming to Rovers for what should be a cracking game.

There is still a lot of work that requires to be carried out so lets keep the volunteers working.

All my jars are now labelled and I shall be at the bottom of the steps at the cottage end about 45 mins. prior to kick off.

I have jars of Pickled Onions, Beetroot, Red Cabbage, Mixed Fruit Jam and Marmalade. 

If you have a jar to return I will take them in on Friday.

Thanks again for your continued support the club really appreciates it.

Regards

Ricardo the Jam Jar Man

Many thanks to those who dropped off jars on Friday night or collected jars. I have counted the contents and added the part bags. I hall be handing over  just over £100 to Paul  Coventry this week. If you have a jar t return drop it off at the club shop any time during opening hours.

I have several jars left these will be given out at the home match after the Sheffield game.

Thanks for your continued support

Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know 7 rather large jars were picked up yesterday. Some very serious counting is to be done. Thanks for the brilliant donation. all donations are really appreciated by all

concerned at the club.

I have several jars of pickles etc. ready for the next home match.

Ricardo

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to those who collected jars on Sunday or dropped off jars at the club. so far a massive amount of £319 has been donated to the ground improvement fund.

This includes £77 handed over last week and £93 this week.

There are a few jars remaining and these will be available at the next home match.

Thanks again for your amazing support.

If you have a jar that is ready to return drop it off at the club where I will collect them.

Ricardo The Jam Jar Man

• 3 weeks later...

I shall be at my usual place ( by the steps) on Sunday to give out jars of jam and marmalade. I would also be delighted to accept back any jars and donations. The work may be almost complete but monies are still required.

Regards

Ricardo

Many thanks to those who picked up jars yesterday. 11 were given out and now only 11 remain. 5 jars were returned full to popping with money, I will keep you informed of the totals when it is counted.

still counting like Scrooge around the £100 mark so far with a little to count. Will be at my usual place about 30mins before kick off. not many jars left now.

That's for all your support it is brilliant

• 2 weeks later...

This is just to remind you all that I shall be at the bottom of the steps to the terracing on Friday night with my remaining jars of Jam and Marmalade. Supplies are very restricted now as over 120 have been issued.

Please return your jars as soon as possible.

Thanks for all your continued support

Thanks to the fans that returned jars on Friday night. Just shy of £60 was counted. I have some money to add to it so I will let you all know what is handed over to Paul Coventry and his team.

there are only 6 jars remaining to give out at the next home match.

Together with the part bags some £67 will be handed over later in the week to the Stand Gang. So far this year alone some £585 will have been handed over for ground improvements.

There are just 6 jars remaining for this year, which may be collected at the next home match on the 5th of July.

The club really appreciates the efforts of all fans to help keep the project going.

• 4 weeks later...

Well fantastic fans of our great club, all jars have now gone. 128 jars have been distributed tis season. some of the jars do take some filling. However for those who have full jars, or jars that they want to return I shall be at the steps at the cottage end of the ground about half an hour prior to kick off. Donations will also be gratefully recieved

More jars will be available next season when I shall run the campaign again.

Up the Rovers and thanks for your support

Many thanks to the people that made donations and returned jars on Saturday. he contents are now counted and £33 will be handed over this week. The stand volunteers are performing miracles with the work they are doing not just for the present fans but future generations.

I shall be a the forum tonight to collect any jars and also any donation so that they may  complete the work.

Many thanks for the generous donations last night it is really appreciated. When it is counted up I will let you all know will be handed over to team Covo. Reckon in the region of £80+

did some counting last night . The fans forum raised £102. 63 and another jar had £8. 51  I have quite a few part bags that hopefully will be filled before the end of the season.

A very impressive £133 will be handed over as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued support

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking forward to the match on Sunday for the return of Whitehaven.

I shall be at my usual position (The steps to the terracing at the cottage end) about 30 mins prior to kick off. Whilst that stands look complete there is still a lot of expensive work needed to complete the project. All jars and donations will be very gratefully received.

I cannot thank you all enough for your generous support.

The scheme will continue over the next few years to help with continuing ground improvements for future generations.

See you all Sunday. Up the Rovers and here's to a  big victory on Sunday

As we are approaching the knock out stages of the league I thought I would give an update on funds raised so far this season for the ground improvements.  So far £799 has been handed over to the volunteers this year. a truly staggering amount

Thanks for your support at the game with donations and jars a further £154 has been given to team Covo at lunchtime. I was also informed by the office staff that a jar had been handed in. This has also been counted and a further £96 added to the fund. so this week £250 has been added to the funds. This means an incredible  £1049 has been raised so far this year from the jars.

Many thanks again for all your truly amazing support

• 4 weeks later...

Just to keep you up to date 3 jars were returned last weekend at the Batley game and two large bags of Foreign coins.

I shall be at the bottom of the steps to the cottage end terracing on Sunday afternoon at about 2.30 pm.

Don't forget to have a go at guessing the contents of the large jar in the club shop.

Last Sunday I dropped of £18 for the ground improvements and a further £60  today from the 5 jars that were handed in at the weekend. This takes the total to £1117 so far and the Demi John is to add to the total. This all makes a brilliant contribution to the ground improvements.

My sincere thanks to you all.

Ricardo

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to the people that dropped off jars last week end. These have now been counted and a further £40 has been given to the stand fund. I will be continuing with my jars for the next few years as ground work is an on going process and monies will still be required. So keep saving your change for jars next season

If you have a jar to return yet drop it off at the club shop and I will collect them. For those going into Pontefract  tomorrow drop them off at the stall and I will pick them up in the afternoon when I shall be helping out.

Thanks for your amazing support

Archived