Ground Improvements

Ricardo Taylor

Many thanks to those who dropped jars off yesterday. There was quite literally an avalanche of them. These will be counted as soon as I can get around to it. Player of the year awards tonight followed by decorating the hall stairs and landing. I will keep you all informed of the progress in counting when I get chance.

If you haver a jar to return drop them off at the club whilst buying your tickets for Sunday.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Fantastic Fev fans- The jars have been counted and a brilliant £166 will be handed over to Paul Coventry later in the week. I have several part bags as well. In total including the demijohn a staggering £1946 .64  has been raised for the stands this year  by your generosity.

This is a phenomenal amount this year. Thank you very much indeed.

Your support is amazing.

The monies are now with the volunteers. Several fans approached me on Sunday to say that they still had a jar. Please return them to the club during normal opening hours and I will pick them up.

No doubt some one will ask what time is the club open. to pre empt the question it is 09.00 until about 5.00.

Seriously I reckon we could top £2000 this year which is out of this world. No other fans would be as generous

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to the gentle man who dropped off his jar earlier this week, the contents have been counted and ban incredible £33.02 has been added to the funds. With the contents of a previous jar £42 is ready to be handed over.

This takes this years total to £2007  so far.

Many jars are still out there lurking in dark corners waiting to be returned.

Thanks again for your amazing support

Handed over the £42 yesterday and picked up another jar for counting. I already have a full jar waiting to be counted.

The monies handed over yesterday were spent immediately on paint.

This weekend is the last opportunity to get the early bird discount for season tickets. Why not get you tickets and drop off your jar as well. if you pardon the pun it "kills two birds with one stone".

• 3 weeks later...

another £40 is bagged and ready to hand over taking the total to £2153.50.

For those fans who are attending an event over the forthcoming weeks there is a collection point on the bar for donations( An old paint tin with a slot cut in). You can also drop jars off at the club during normal hours and I will arrange to collect them.

£40 has been handed over to the club today. Many thanks to the fans that dropped off jars today. These will be counted and I will keep you informed of the running total.

Thanks again for your support

For those attending functions in the cappers bar a large tin with a slot in has been placed on the bar for donations

Many thanks to those who have returned jars, bags of money and a large tin. Hopefully the contents will be counted over the weekend.

My sincere thanks go to Andy at his E cigarette shop on the lane, who now has a reusable tin on his counter.

Well all you Fantastic Featherstone Fans the bags , jar and tin are counted. Together with some part bags a  total of £32 will be handed during the week.

To keep you up to speed a total of £2206.50 has been raised so far this year alone. there are still some part bags as well.

Thank you everyone of you

Continuing tomorrow and Thursday 8.30am meet to re paint the seats in the main stand. 

The fourth and final coat of the first section will be finished by  Thursday

Then I will start all again on the left side seats ( 252 seats ). these need sanding down and 4 coats of paint.

Final job is to screw 2 rubber grommets under each seat to deaden the sound when they are dropped down, so over 1000  

Anyone that is a good painter is more than welcome to join and help with the ground improvements

Lots of photos on Fev Rovers facebook page 

Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

As we are well aware the stand work is almost complete. however the ground work is an on going requirement of the club, as assets need maintaining and materials purchased. I will be continuing with my jars for a few years.

Jars may be returned to the club at any time during opening hours. More jars will be available at the first home game of the regular season.

Up the Rovers and a very Happy Christmas to every one of you.

Ricardo

• 3 weeks later...

If you have a jar to return please drop it off at the club shop and I will collect them.

the 2016 campaign will start in February at our first home league game of the season.

Regards and all the very best for 2016

Ricardo

Many thanks to the fans that have returned jars this week and at the match yesterday. The 2016 campaign starts officially at the first home league game of the season where I shall be at my usual place at the cottage end of the ground.

As usual I shall keep you all informed of the running total as the season progresses.

Thanks for you continued support it is very much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

As we are at home to the Hawks this Sunday, it presents an opportunity to drop off your jars at the club shop.

Four jars were returned at the last game and with my bits left over a further £12 will be handed over shortly.

Labels are ready and the list is ready for the next campaign. Jars will be procured shortly so if you have an special requests please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.

Regards and UTR

• 3 weeks later...

No requests for specials received so it is Jam and Marmalade  to start with. I shall be at my usual place by the steps to the Post Office road end terracing. I shall be their at every home match at about 2.30

Come and say hello talk about all things Fev take a jar, bring a jar back full of change, or drop a small donation off. All the money is for Ground Improvements.

As usual all the jars are donated by myself so every penny goes to the club.

Thanks again for your support it is really appreciated.

UP THE ROVERS

A total of £63 has been handed over to Paul Coventry and his team recently. Last night I was counting the jars contents and with part bags a further £94 will be handed over as soon as possible. The contents of two jars is still to be counted. this will be done as soon as possible

Archived