Ground Improvements

Ricardo Taylor

Many thanks to those who dropped jars of yesterday or picked a jar up from me. I shall be at my usual place for the Dewsbury game

. As usual when the jars have been counted and bagged I shall let you all know what the scores on the doors are

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks  the fans that returned jars yesterday. Five were returned including a jar from the ;late John (Thanks Paul L). Many were given out yesterday and more will be ready for tonight at the player of the month awards.i

Well fantastic Fev fans the contents of the jars from Sunday have been counted. This includes John's final jar.

One of the jars contained a staggering £51.42. This jar was anonymous and included a £10 note, so a big than you to this brilliant fan.

An amazing £82.39 has been counted and another jar was received yesterday which still has to be counted.

To say the least I am gobsmacked. Thank you all for your continued support.

UTR

Ricardo

I counted the last remaining jar last night and it contained an impressive £21 .20 . A massive £117 has been taken to the club at lunch time. The total handed over so far this season is £285. I still have some part bags as well that will be made up to exact amounts when further jars come in.

Thanks again

Ricardo the jam jar man.  UTR

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks for the huge donation of jars of pickles that have been received. As soon as I am able these will be used for the stand fund.

I am unable to lift weights at the moment, so seeing as it is the Easter break I shall be giving away sprigs of Rosemary. All I require is a donation for the stand fund. It does not matter how small or large the donation is as every little helps.

UTR

Many thanks to the fans that lightened my load of Rosemary last  night. A quirky idea as I  am still bandaged up. £5 was raised for the stand fund.

I should be back to normal next weekend against Halifax.

Thanks for your donations. There was competition last night but its all for the Rovers.

If there are any pre orders of Rosemary please let  me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More or less back to normal so I will be at  my usual place on Sunday with Jam and Marmalade. Jars of pickles will be available after the weekend.

To help swell funds a bucket collection will be taking place during the second half. A team of 5 will be seeking donations for the stands.

Many thanks to Peter and Verena who helped me with the bucket collection.  The monies will be counted as soon I can and I will keep you fully informed of the total.

Thanks again

• 2 months later...

Today I handed over the excellent sum of £326 to the volunteers.

This is made up of the following

Halifax game bucket collection £179.93

Jars a massive £148.07

May I thank you all for your continues support. Jars should be continued to be filled and returned to the club where arrangements will be made for their collection.

I hope to return to my fund raising activities at  some stage.

Ricardo the Jam Jar Man

• 2 weeks later...

collected three jars from the club this lunch time. I will get them counted when I get chance and let you know what the total is.

£611 has been raised so far this year. If you have a jar to return drop it off at the club shop and I will arrange for  the  collection.

Thanks for your help  I appreciate it along with the stand gang.

Many thanks go the fans that recently returned jars. the contents are now counted and a fantastic total of £95 is ready to be handed over to the volunteers.

This makes the total raised this year to £706.

if any fans have jars to return, please drop them off at the club shop on match days.

I really appreciate your help. THANK YOU

Many thanks for the jar of silver that was dropped off at the club at the last home match. it contained a massive £38.40

As money bags have a set amount for banking purposes £34 is ready to be handed over to the volunteers. This means a total £740 will have been raised and donated purely for ground improvements. I have several part filled bags as well

Thank you for your brilliant support. I really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done quite a bit of counting recently including a jar from yesterday. Gob smacked by the jar from yesterday as it contained a massive £150 (Photo on Facebook) With other jars , contents already handed over so far is a superb ​£933. ​Many thanks for your valuable contributions I really appreciate it

Well done Richard, I was thinking about volunteers like yourself and the Stand Gang only yesterday. Sunday's victory will now give you all the chance to show off the results of the magnificient work you have done, and the new stands will be full in every game of the eights, hopefully with one of them being televised. It was great to see a the ground almost full again, may those days return on a regular basis. 

Since my last update of the fans forum three mammoth jars, bas and envelopes have been received. These are now counted and the total raised so far this year is a very impressive £1062. Thanks everyone for you help. I really appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...

£22 taken down for the volunteers during the week.

Total so far £1084. I have some bits and pieces leftover ready to be added when more jars arrive. Drop your jars off in the club shop on Sunday and they will be collected.

Thanks again for your wonderful help

• 3 weeks later...

many thanks for the jar that was returned recently. This has been collected and will be counted shortly. I gave a full jar at work to count as well.

When both are counted I will let you all know the scores on the doors

The last two jars are now counted and bagged and £18 is ready to hand over to the volunteers. I have several part filled bags as well.

if you have a jar to return and you are collecting your match ticket for Sunday why not drop it off at the volunteers cabin.

Many thanks for you continued support

• 2 weeks later...

The latest 3 jars are now counted and the proceeds are £32.02. Now that some of the part bags are now complete £48 will be handed over when time permits. If you have a jar that you wish to drop off just drop it off at the volunteers hut and I shall collect it.

Thanks for support this season I really appreciate it.

Ricardo The jam Jar Man

• 3 weeks later...

It'svthe first time I've seriously delved into Fev's website as I was checking the yes or no as to whether you'd signed Chris Ulugia ftom us and I came across your money-raising thread. You, like us at The Mount, have a hateful of schemes to bring in much needed cash, and it would bring fans of SL clubs into the REAL world of rugby league. Idiots like Lenigan and Peacock who are forever chirping on about how SL shouldn't be available to clubs like ours should take a look at the passion that goes into week to week survival outside their vaunted positions then tell the Championship clubs that they have no right to ambition. Best of luck Ricardo and your band.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived