Ground Improvements

Ricardo Taylor

Another jar has been counted and contained £33.15, with the part bags I have . £44 to hand over to the volunteers as soon as I can get down and see them.

total raised this year a staggering £1212. Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very Happy New Year to you all

I shall be at my usual place on Sunday, steps to the cottage end terracing, for the sole purpose of collecting jars. should there about 30 mins before kick off.

Regards

Ricardo

The time has come where I have to make a decision to make regarding the Jam Jar Campaign. It is something that I really enjoyed doing and spent many nights counting monies to be handed over either to FRISA or the Stand Gang. The idea was originally laughed at but I persevered with it. Over the years approximately £20,000 has been raised from either jars or bag fills.

For the ground improvements £4724 has been handed over. It is now time for me to stand down.

Any jars that are still to be returned and there are many should be returned to me on Match days at my usual place.

Thank you all for your generous support.

Finally its goodnight from me and goodnight from him.

RICARDO THE JAM JAR MAN

Thank you Ricardo 

your tireless work has been fantastic as a long distance Rovers fan I have been happy to support your endeavours. I will continue to save my small change and support the Rovers.

Take care and my best to you and yours. 

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Alison Clarke has agreed to take over and yesterday was hand over day. however as Alison is on holiday  for the next two home matches so I will be at the usual place to collect jars only. Many thanks for the jars that were returned yesterday. The contents will be counted as soon as possible. I shall keep you all fully informed of totals etc £29 was taken to the volunteers last Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

many thanks for the jar that was returned at the match last Sunday. this will be counted as soon as possible so I can let you know the scores on the doors as soon as I have counted the contents.

I was at my usual spot but was competing with other attractions in the area,!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Many thanks go to Andy Greenhough at Vape GB for the large tin of money.

It contained just over £64.

monies will be handed over to the volunteers as soon as possible.

Many thanks for the fans that came to see me yesterday and promised jars. I shall be at my usual[place at the Bulls match.

When these jars are returned I shall give you a total including all the part bags

The contents of the jar have now been handed over to the volunteers. this leaves me with a bag of part bags of money. several fans have said they have jars still to return. I shall be at my usual place on Monday to receive any jars.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it

Archived