A new-look TotalRL.com is on its way!

I suggest that you change the URLs for the forums as like many others I link straight to here, there's a real risk that any good work and effort put in to the main site will not be noticed if you don't.

Yes, good point, although I use the IP Boards app so I'll still inadvertently bypass the main site.

Why the change? I liked the forum we had in the early 80's (black & white) - none of this coloured rubbish.

Progress? Why fix something thats not broken?

Moan moan moan, moan moan moan!

:);)

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Why the change? I liked the forum we had in the early 80's (black & white) - none of this coloured rubbish.

Progress? Why fix something thats not broken?

Moan moan moan, moan moan moan!

:);)

I don't think the forums will change, it's the front page no ###### reads.

The forum needs more chat about the game!

Twitter, journalism and broadsheet blogs are continuing to improve their analysis on the actual sports they're reporting on; Gary Neville on MNF is a must see these days as he's giving the customer more detail about what they've seen over the weekend.

It'd be interesting to see, what's the traffic on here compared to say 5 years ago?

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

The forum needs more chat about the game!

Twitter, journalism and broadsheet blogs are continuing to improve their analysis on the actual sports they're reporting on; Gary Neville on MNF is a must see these days as he's giving the customer more detail about what they've seen over the weekend.

It'd be interesting to see, what's the traffic on here compared to say 5 years ago?

I agree.  Just back few year this was the place to come not only for debate of the games issues, but also for breaking news and rumours.  I remember starting a post about Ian Millward getting the elbow from Saints, I can't remember whether or not I chose to cite the rumoured reason at the time.  Nowadays it would already have been on twitter.

Forums have changed, I think this one still has a lot to offer if I'm honest.  Way more than RLFANS.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

I agree.  Just back few year this was the place to come not only for debate of the games issues, but also for breaking news and rumours.  I remember starting a post about Ian Millward getting the elbow from Saints, I can't remember whether or not I chose to cite the rumoured reason at the time.  Nowadays it would already have been on twitter.

Forums have changed, I think this one still has a lot to offer if I'm honest.  Way more than RLFANS.

If the old threads weren't destroyed in the Great Clean up of 2010, we could easily find who you were rhuby. ;)

I've just noticed the like button, and also the customise views and the top row with the Goldthorpe medal table etc

Back in the day, Id have seen these the second they appeared - whayhey! I have finally got a life  :preved:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

I've just noticed the like button, and also the customise views and the top row with the Goldthorpe medal table etc

Back in the day, Id have seen these the second they appeared - whayhey! I have finally got a life  :preved:

Not even 10 minutes since John activated it and sent me a message letting me know!  Are you sure you have a life?

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I noticed the Like buttons around lunchtime. Does that mean I'm special? (I already know I don't have a life!)

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Why don't my posts have a "Like This" button?!

Farce, joke, disgrace.

Yes, I know why I don't really.

There's a name for people who like themselves too much! ;)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Blimey, TRLers don't miss much do they!??

I thought I'd sneak the reputation system back into use without a fanfare, after the way things turned out last time.

This one is a positive reputation system. You can only 'like' a post, not actively 'dislike' it.

All the old reputation points have been wiped too, so we start with a nice clean slate.

You can't 'like' your own posts. That would just be silly.

In your member profile, on the left hand menu there is a new menu option called 'Likes' and this will show up any posts you have 'Liked' as well as any of your own posts that have been 'Liked' by others.

Not even 10 minutes since John activated it and sent me a message letting me know!  Are you sure you have a life?

Oh no Craig, well I suppose 10 mins is an improvement on a nano second  :help:

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion