Stadium developments

andyram

Championship clubs showing how it's done on little resources; Great atmosphere at Dewsbury and now that gives the ground that lift it needed; Fev , Batley and Dewsbury are great traditional grounds that have/are being uplifted by people that love the sport and have Rugby League running through their veins; Well done;

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mount, first used for rugby in 1880.

Post Office Road, opened in 1904.

The Rubbish Dump, built in 1994.  :ph34r:

doesn't stop it being traditional as quite clearly there' nothing left at the Mount from 1880 apart from the attitude of some supporters.

doesn't stop it being traditional as quite clearly there' nothing left at the Mount from 1880 apart from the attitude of some supporters.

Don't take any notice of grucker Ackroman, it's his way of dealing with years of bullying, insecurity and rejection.  :no:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

The Red Barriers have only been primed.  They will be painted Red, Amber & Black hopefully this week if it remains dry.

The pitch-side fencing will remain Black.  The new pitch-side fencing will also be completed in front of the refurbished

South Stand between Boxing Day and the Bulls friendly - again weather permitting.  We were hoping to complete this

before Boxing Day but the supplier could only quote w/c 16th December as a delivery date.

All you need now are some people to stand on it! Why not push the wobbly fence over and move the bus stop off owl lane to it?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

All you need now are some people to stand on it! Why not push the wobbly fence over and move the bus stop off owl lane to it?

It's nice to see that you've had your electricity reconnected PM.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

We have put some posters in the Taproom pub in Batley to see if we can attract a few supporters from there - apparently their own local team isn't attractive enough to get them off their @rses.  :onthequiet:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

The Red Barriers have only been primed.  They will be painted Red, Amber & Black hopefully this week if it remains dry.

The pitch-side fencing will remain Black.  The new pitch-side fencing will also be completed in front of the refurbished

South Stand between Boxing Day and the Bulls friendly - again weather permitting.  We were hoping to complete this

before Boxing Day but the supplier could only quote w/c 16th December as a delivery date.

Went to get our season tickets this morning and saw that the barriers are been painted at this moment,looking very nice.Well done to everyone :superman:

This looks great - simple, but it does the job and looks smart!

How much did it cost, and how long did it take to install, please?

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

Im sure some of your Grand Final support will stay loyal and come to support you..Or because  its still one cup in 80 years have they all returned to the closet.

It's nice to see that you've had your electricity reconnected PM.

Not sure everyone will agree with you on that statement BSJ!

The new stand looks good and congratulations to Graham and his team. I will, however, remain in my usual spot.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

In the middle of last summer I was at Crown Flatt for my team's (Swinton) match with Dewsbury. The grassed Owl Lane end was cordoned off pending work to create a new concrete terrace.

I was just wondering how it went, and, having seen the pictures I can honestly say what a good job has been done for your club.

Perhaps in a year or two, the opposite end can also be improved in similar fashion.

As regards my lot, the Lions, we are still in the wilderness, just hoping for whatever may be just over the horizon.

When I talk about our future stadium aspirations, I often say that I would be chuffed to have ground like yours, adequate facilities, a modern stadium, but without it having been assembled, like so many recent new grounds, like Lego sections off the back of a low-loader. I always enjoy my visit to Crown Flatt and it will be the same next season too. Well done and good luck for 2014, apart from just two fixtures, of course

:yahoo:

In the middle of last summer I was at Crown Flatt for my team's (Swinton) match with Dewsbury. The grassed Owl Lane end was cordoned off pending work to create a new concrete terrace.

I was just wondering how it went, and, having seen the pictures I can honestly say what a good job has been done for your club.

Perhaps in a year or two, the opposite end can also be improved in similar fashion.

As regards my lot, the Lions, we are still in the wilderness, just hoping for whatever may be just over the horizon.

When I talk about our future stadium aspirations, I often say that I would be chuffed to have ground like yours, adequate facilities, a modern stadium, but without it having been assembled, like so many recent new grounds, like Lego sections off the back of a low-loader. I always enjoy my visit to Crown Flatt and it will be the same next season too. Well done and good luck for 2014, apart from just two fixtures, of course

:yahoo:

Ricochet!

Glad that you enjoy coming to our ground, it will be good to see the improvements that have been made behind the sticks and the new pitchside fencing. I agree with your comments about new stadiums all looking the same and when you do eventually move back to Swinton, I hope they build a ground suitable for your needs and not one that is "Super League" ready ie way too big and hence soulless. The ground you currently share is a fantastic facility but has no atmosphere on match days due to three sides of empty red seats.

We are lucky to have our own ground with ample parking, great viewing (due to the closeness to the pitch) and freedom to move about within the ground to watch wherever you like. We are now at last seeing some ground improvements, but rather than terrace the other end, I would prefer to see the perimeter fence replaced. Unfortunately when you build with timber you face the inevitable rotting of the posts at ground level. Now that the ground is approaching 20 years old, the fencing is looking very tired and tatty.

Good luck for 2014 and we look forward to welcoming the lions to Tetleys stadium, but not to take the points home with you.

Ricochet!

I think all that has been done is terrific and a pat on the back for those concerned is more than in order.

Just one question, (I'm sure it has been asked before but not fully answered, apologies if it has). We will area in the corner behind and to the side of the Badger Bar be grassed and open for the kids to play on during the games?

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

The area in the corner, currently occupied by the containers and the defunct Badger Bar, will be cleared

and tidied up for use as a play area by the summer.  The Area will be reduced in size when the new Fence 

or Wall is constructed to replace the existing 'structure' as this wall will run directly at the back of the new terracing.

This will mean that the new Fence or Wall will increase the size of the grassed area outside the actual Stadium Area.

We have an estimated cost for this work but no actual funds at present!  It is the intention to have a Fundraising Night

in the New Year but we are open to all offers of Sponsorship for this Project.

Jonty, the whole Project has taken over 12 Months to reach its current Stage due to a variety of issues but I would rather

not reveal the costs until it is finally completed and a Statement is approved by the Chairman.

Im sure some of your Grand Final support will stay loyal and come to support you..Or because  its still one cup in 80 years have they all returned to the closet.

Let it go , let it go will ya 'bout 'cups you are well past boring.

The ground is looking good, well done to ALL concerned, as has been said it shows what thought and committment can do. What with the Amber Ribbon, and the new terracing,a bit of momentum is starting, look at whats happened over our side of t'hill to see what can be achieved.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Any updates on this ?

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

Archived