Stadium developments

andyram

The area in the corner, currently occupied by the containers and the defunct Badger Bar, will be cleared

and tidied up for use as a play area by the summer.  The Area will be reduced in size when the new Fence 

or Wall is constructed to replace the existing 'structure' as this wall will run directly at the back of the new terracing.

This will mean that the new Fence or Wall will increase the size of the grassed area outside the actual Stadium Area.

We have an estimated cost for this work but no actual funds at present!  It is the intention to have a Fundraising Night

in the New Year but we are open to all offers of Sponsorship for this Project.

Jonty, the whole Project has taken over 12 Months to reach its current Stage due to a variety of issues but I would rather

not reveal the costs until it is finally completed and a Statement is approved by the Chairman.

Thanks, still all positive

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jonty, the whole Project has taken over 12 Months to reach its current Stage due to a variety of issues but I would rather

not reveal the costs until it is finally completed and a Statement is approved by the Chairman.

Cheers WR. Appreciate the reply.

John

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

Cheers WR. Appreciate the reply.

John

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

Looking good!

(About time we took those Eric France adverts down mind.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Looks fantastic,really hoping its all ready to be open for Boxing Day.What else needs to be done? We now need to get something done with the fencing in the future.Maybe a few fundraising nights will get the ball rolling.

Why do we need a new stand when we cant fill the two we have already

You must be on the wrong forum Charley.

Try Billy Goat Gruff RLFC.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I know exactly what you mean CD, I send most of my pension to the international aid agencies to support the arms industry and third world despots. I do keep a little back for a loaf of bread and a block of cheese - and  bit for my sky subscription - and I do quite a bit for the brewing industry and the Mark Sawyer charity for fallen horses, but apart from that it all goes abroad. I suspect that if every penny of the terrace fund had gone to Africa, it would still have been used to build a terrace - round somebodies royal palace. 8) Enjoy your nut cutlets at Christmas.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Lacking a few bulldog flags but I am sure we can put that right tomorrow along with our celebratory conga dance when we stick 40 on you

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

The new stand actually holds over 1500 I'm lead to believe, not sure what the capacity of it is though but it is over 800

The ground capacity remains the same, however.

The south stand being rammed in cold shadows meant we ventured out to the terrace steps to soak up the sun. As far as steps go they are up there with the best

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Why is the ground capacity still the same? Will it change in the near future?

The licensing authority deem that, in the case of rain, anyone standing on the open terrace will migrate under cover. Hence the ground capacity remains as before.

They clearly never visited Crown Flatt in the days of winter RL.

:rtfm:

The licensing authority deem that, in the case of rain, anyone standing on the open terrace will migrate under cover. Hence the ground capacity remains as before.

That seems a bit odd. Obviously the likes of Leeds and Wakefield will count their large open terraces in their official capacity - is it because their open terraces are separate from the rest of the ground (i.e. fans can't migrate between stands) and Dewsbury's isn't? Otherwise I don't understand that logic at all

Archived