Denmark Rugby League (Merged threads)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the Stockholm 7's are this weekend and Denmark Norway on 13th June.

I am not sure about the club games (I am not in Denmark these days).

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few teams in Hull that have been very welcoming.  It was a lower priority for us as we had some very pressing problems, but hopefully it will happen.  I am no longer directly involved, but I can ask.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few teams in Hull that have been very welcoming. It was a lower priority for us as we had some very pressing problems, but hopefully it will happen. I am no longer directly involved, but I can ask.

Heard its North Hull Knights goin over to denmark. There have just got to the council cup final last wk. That gane to be played at KC lightstream stadium hime of Hull KR. On 20 May. Not sure on ko time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Match against Sweden in Sweden is weekend after next. 

I have no role in this, which feels odd.  Looking forward to it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

This will be the first rugby league game played in Roskilde.  This city had been considered a candidate for the new club in Denmark, so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

Also, Shaun Kenny-Dowall has given his support to Denmark.

The review of the Norway game on the Danish website is interesting:

"What an epic, epic game! Denmark 24 (4-0) 12 Norway.

A few dropped balls and mistakes, but other than that a real tense arm wrestle between two teams who threw everything at each other. The half time score was a better reflection of play, than the full time score. Stood toe to toe and slugged it out for 60 minutes until Denmark ran in 4 tries in the last quarter, sealing it.

Denmark, Nordic Cup champions for the second year running!"

A rather magnanimous statement!

Archived