Exiles announce squad to face England

It's almost like the RFL have a plan for generating local interest.

I know, it's a shambles and a farce.  They shouldn't be allowed to think commercially.

To be fair though I don't think you could that honestly claim that any of our boys aren't there on merit.  They were all in the squad last year (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/18341065, contrary to the article Mick Monas isn't there for the first time).

Tongue was in cheek with my earlier comment by the way.

Exiles Rugby League coach Brian McClennan has named a formidable and dynamic looking 19 man squad for the International Origin Match against England at Warrington (Friday June 14).

The former New Zealand supremo includes four Warrington Wolves players, nine newcomers and only one Exiles ever-present in St Helens’ Sia Soliola, meaning that at least seven Super League players will make their Exiles bow.

Click here to view the article

What is the point of this game?

That Exiles team is not worth putting on the field.

A combination of past it veterans and fringe players.

Not one of those players at this stage of their career are anywhere remotely close to Test Caliber for Oz or NZ. what sort of contest is it then?

A concept doomed to failure in its second season and this year will pull down the curtain.

Why is the Exiles team not worth putting on the field? It is a better team then the England team and they will probably win.

It's a worthwhile exercise because it will be competitive unlike a game against France.

Bloody hell RL fans can be a miserable lot.

Have we given up on developing France as a Test Nation.

The Exiles teams represents what? and develops what?

Its a mickey mouse team of average players or old Journeymen, what is the point and what satisfaction is there in beating them for the fans or players.

You are hardly going to crow about a victory over that bunch are you?

Why is the Exiles team not worth putting on the field? It is a better team then the England team and they will probably win.

Not one of the exiles players are in the top 10 in their position in the World, its a bunch of mainly veteran NRL castoffs FFS

Not one of the exiles players are in the top 10 in their position in the World, its a bunch of mainly veteran NRL castoffs FFS

Who have beaten England twice already in the last 2 years.

Its a mickey mouse team of average players or old Journeymen, what is the point and what satisfaction is there in beating them for the fans or players.

Giving France a hammering every summer helps neither them or us. England need a competitive game and this is the best option at the moment, it's not about crowing about anything, I don't even think the result matters that much, but this is the only way at present to ht a decent game.

It's also not up to England RL to develop France we need to do what's best for England RL

Giving France a hammering every summer helps neither them or us. England need a competitive game and this is the best option at the moment, it's not about crowing about anything, I don't even think the result matters that much, but this is the only way at present to ht a decent game.

It's also not up to England RL to develop France we need to do what's best for England RL

As the leading Rugby League Nation in the Northern Hemisphere England has some obligation to drag its neighbours up as best as they can.

Australia is often critisised about not doing enough for their region although they have developed enough players in the NRL to lose a World Cup and a couple of Major comps to their close neighbours.

Who have beaten England twice already in the last 2 years.

That indicates that either England are ###### or have that many players pull out of the games or don't take it seriously.

Which one do you think its is?

Aus or NZ would put 50 on those bums in the Exiles team.

As the leading Rugby League Nation in the Northern Hemisphere England has some obligation to drag its neighbours up as best as they can.

Australia is often critisised about not doing enough for their region although they have developed enough players in the NRL to lose a World Cup and a couple of Major comps to their close neighbours.

How does giving them a hammering every year help either Country?

That indicates that either England are ###### or have that many players pull out of the games or don't take it seriously.

Which one do you think its is?

Aus or NZ would put 50 on those bums in the Exiles team.

It's the fact the old retiring Aussies are better then the England team.

It's the fact the old retiring Aussies are better then the England team.

I don't believe that 7723.

Its just an indication that its an "exhibition match" with little or no value or support from the RL community.

I agree Australia have been very good at developing players but more so for the development of the NRL rather than the international game. Also when was the last time Australia played anyone in the Southern Hemisphere other than New Zealand in a full international? I remember England playing France twice last year and Wales (I'd also like them to play Scotland and Ireland regularly but that's me).

Edited by GeordieSaint

I agree we shouldn't be playing the exiles we should be doing a probables v possibles match. It will only get worse as the quality of imports drops with the NRL salary cap going up. That said we shouldnt be playing France mid season either as I dont think they want the game and I'm sure Catalans don't. It's too much strain on their squad in the middle of the season. Edited by bobbruce