Salford City Reds docked two competition points

Finally the correct verdict has been reached.

Dearie me - a lot of pathetically peevish comments emanating from people - no wonder the sport is being held back. RFL  shooting themselves in the foot again.   Here we have a man willing to invest in the sport and being stymied.   The sport needs more Marwans and this is not the way to attract them.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what it is Koukash is doing that is so revolutionary, apart from making his club less popular.

If all people have ever wanted to 'shake up the RL establishment' is an angry man shouting incoherently, we could have asked Alex Murphy to do the same job for the last twenty years.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

And Koukash's investment (or willingness to invest) has literally nothing to do with Salford infringing the rules on a game day. Nothing.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Well, I'm struggling to think of one punishment to a player that was increased following appeal in the years I've been watching the game. I just can't think of one.

Terry Newton had his ban increased from 10 to 12 games for his attack on Sean Long after he appealed it.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I don't understand what it is Koukash is doing that is so revolutionary, apart from making his club less popular.

And Koukash's investment (or willingness to invest) has literally nothing to do with Salford infringing the rules on a game day. Nothing.

How is Dr Koukash making the Salford club less popular ? ( I can assure you if that is the feeling among other people it is NOT shared by those who follow Salford )

The game against Castleford was Round 13 - why did he wait for such a long time since he took over if his willingness to invest ( after taking on huge debts ) were,as you have inferred,to do with Salford infringing the rules on a game day ? ( With tv cameras and an expert coach working on radio who noticed the offence.)

Not only is the sport run by morons but it is certainly commented on by morons.

Second class sport - with expert Untermenschen  allowed to pass comment. Brilliant !   

I'd have no problem with this punishment if there was any level of consistency at the RFL.

All incidents are different though.

What is inconsistent? As has been highlighted, Saints' incident was different as the player involved did not get involved in play.

Very true but are you actually saying Salford cheated by sending on an extra man?   If so then the punishment is far too lenient.   However its clear that the infringement was accidental isnt it?  If so the punishment is ludicrously excessive. In all this schemozzle its noticeable that the Match Officials who are culpable have escaped any castigation whatsoever.

I didn't say, suggest or think for a minute Salford deliberately cheated. It still doesn't have anything to do with Koush's 'willingess to invest'.

There ought to be a preset grading for punishment. If you do breach a rule, you should know what the likely sanction is likely to be.

so that coaches could take a calculated risk in breaking the rules?

so that coaches could take a calculated risk in breaking the rules?

No, so there's transparency and an unambiguous sense of fair play for all.

How's it likely to encourage a coach to take a "calculated risk" if they know, for example, that fielding an extra player will result in docked points?

Actually, thats a good point, you could argue they've saved £5,000 and its made no real difference to their season!

It's difficult to decide whether Salford won or lost their appeal to my mind. I've a feeling Koukash will have a smile on his face after this.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/

There ought to be a preset grading for punishment. If you do breach a rule, you should know what the likely sanction is likely to be.

You can't legislate for every eventuality. Also it would allow clubs to make calculated decisons before deliberately cheating.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

If this sets the standards for future infringements then fine. This punishment seems harsh as did the original fine. We have seen less serve punishment for deliberate cheating of the salary cap. Comments by coaches of clubs not involved surprised me, I'd have thought they had enough to deal with

I am amazed at the hatred generated by Koukash for some people.

If this sets the standards for future infringements then fine. This punishment seems harsh as did the original fine. We have seen less serve punishment for deliberate cheating of the salary cap. Comments by coaches of clubs not involved surprised me, I'd have thought they had enough to deal with

I am amazed at the hatred generated by Koukash for some people.

I wouldn't say I have seen any hatred, but Koukash knows what he is doing, he knows that if he says controversial things, attacking the games rules etc. then he will pee people off as the majority have signed up to these rules. I'm sure he has no issue with it.