World Cup sales reach 40%

ORGANISERS of the Rugby League World Cup are confident that the majority of games will be sold out by the time the tournament kicks off at the Millennium Stadium on Cardiff on 26 October, League Express has revealed in this week's edition of the newspaper.

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

I can see Derwent Park hosting its biggest crowd for many years during this RLWC. The multi-award winning Workington Town RLFC community department are doing a great job so far and have a fantastic programme of events lined up for the World Cup games.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I can see Derwent Park hosting its biggest crowd for many years during this RLWC. The multi-award winning Workington Town RLFC community department are doing a great job so far and have a fantastic programme of events lined up for the World Cup games.

There's a race to be the first venue to sell out a pool game.

Workington and Rochdale are fighting a pretty fierce battle, I'm told.

Success breeds success , the more people see sell outs and need like this the more they start to thing 'maybe I am missing out here and need to get involved'

We really need to full attendance at opening match and an England win if possible

There's a race to be the first venue to sell out a pool game.

Workington and Rochdale are fighting a pretty fierce battle, I'm told.

To sell out a sporting event in Rochdale will certainly be historic. I'm struggling to think when it was last done.

'40% of available tickets' meaning 40% of the bays that are currently open, yes?

She is then quoted later:

"We have reached 40 per cent sales for the overall tournament, and one of our objectives is to attract new and emerging audiences, and in that sense we have been quite successful,"

So guess that is all tickets so far. Considering they have sold 50-60,000 for the final, around at least 30,000 at Wembley and probably more at Cardiff, they probably are close to the 200,000 mark, which is roughly 40% of overall tickets.

I've pin-pointed the games I want to attend:

Wales v Italy and England v Australia (Cardiff);

PNG V France (Craven Park, Hull KR);

Ireland v Australia (Thomond Park, Limerick);

England v Ireland (John Smith Stadium, Huddersfield);

PNG V Samoa (Craven Park, Hull KR);

World Cup final (Old Trafford, Manchester).

If I can contribute to the competition by attending these games I'll be pretty happy. 

I don't get paid until the end of the month so I'll have to ensure the final is booked first.

Does anyone know if any of the games will be 'pay on the gate'? I of course hope they are all sold out but it is fair to suggest that won't be the case.

Cheers.

Does anyone know if any of the games will be 'pay on the gate'? I of course hope they are all sold out but it is fair to suggest that won't be the case.

I'd hazard a guess at some of the pool games you'll be able to buy a ticket from the ticket office. I would advise not attempt that at any of the bigger games.

I've pin-pointed the games I want to attend:

Wales v Italy and England v Australia (Cardiff);

PNG V France (Craven Park, Hull KR);

Ireland v Australia (Thomond Park, Limerick);

England v Ireland (John Smith Stadium, Huddersfield);

PNG V Samoa (Craven Park, Hull KR);

World Cup final (Old Trafford, Manchester).

Will you be dragging your old man along?

rldfsignature.jpg

They had a target of 500k tickets so if tgey are telling the truth it should be over 200k sold.

The bit that makes me nervous is whether the number sold includes all the tickets reserved for tours and sponsors, as they could potentialy be returned.

Given how far out we are, I remain pretty optimistic about this. For our game, getting to 500k tickets would represent an unprecedented level of success and popularity, as we watch the greatest World Cup in our history.

We seem well on track so far. A big performance from England at Cardiff and we'll be set very fair indeed (and weather like 95 rather than 00 please).

I was booking tickets for the final about a month back (for some odd reason my RU loving brother in law decided he's desperate for him and his mates to see the final) and it was difficult to get 6 together in the side sections.

Good news though. A tournament with packed stadiums will go further to making the sport more attractive to sponsors than any league restructure.

They had a target of 500k tickets so if tgey are telling the truth it should be over 200k sold.

The bit that makes me nervous is whether the number sold includes all the tickets reserved for tours and sponsors, as they could potentialy be returned.

If it's 40% of their target of 500k, then they've sold 200,000.

If it's 40% of all seats (700k, apparently), then they've sold 280,000.

I'm guessing the former - and yes, the 200,000 may include reserved tickets that may well be returned !

Still not bad, though !

If it's 40% of their target of 500k, then they've sold 200,000.

If it's 40% of all seats (700k, apparently), then they've sold 280,000.

I'm guessing the former - and yes, the 200,000 may include reserved tickets that may well be returned !

Still not bad, though !

from memory i dont think the capacity was as high as 700k - i think it was c550k - i think they were aiming for 90% capacity.

Seeing a couple of games sell out in advance would be great.

Im going ti Workington for Scotland v Italy and thought it may be dead. its great that sales are going well and the crowd will be bustling.

Im going ti Workington for Scotland v Italy and thought it may be dead. its great that sales are going well and the crowd will be bustling.

Plenty of things happening on match days and in the build up to the games, with some more to be added in due course...

http://www.townrlfc.com/article.php?id=10708

The March to the Match is going to be pretty spectacular from what I've been told.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Plenty of things happening on match days and in the build up to the games, with some more to be added in due course...

http://www.townrlfc.com/article.php?id=10708

The March to the Match is going to be pretty spectacular from what I've been told.

thanks mate. Is it worth staying over or would you recommend a local alternative?

thanks mate. Is it worth staying over or would you recommend a local alternative?

For your info, the main stand at Workington has practically sold out for both their games according to the website. No doubt, there will be plenty of people buying standing tickets too.

Total Available capacity for the event is just under 595,000, so if we are at 40% of that, then we are around the 238,000 mark.

If we are that high, then we have exceeded the cumulative crowds for 9 of the previous 13 World Cups, and are sitting at an average of 8,500 per game. (2000 tournament average was 8,514).

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Stay over if you can, we have some nice eateries and drinkeries (I made that word up, good eh) and I`m sure the locals will take to you. Bare in mind we are only 20 minutes from the lakes so plenty of nice places to stop, though as I said theres some decent places in Workington.