World Cup sales reach 40%

Stay over if you can, we have some nice eateries and drinkeries (I made that word up, good eh) and I`m sure the locals will take to you. Bare in mind we are only 20 minutes from the lakes so plenty of nice places to stop, though as I said theres some decent places in Workington.

Cheers thanks. I'm driving down from Edinburgh and google says it's around 3hrs, so can't really be bothered doing a return journey in one day.

My partner may be a bit annoyed if I booked us into a hotel in a dodgy hole though! I'll have a look, cheers.

Cheers thanks. I'm driving down from Edinburgh and google says it's around 3hrs, so can't really be bothered doing a return journey in one day.

My partner may be a bit annoyed if I booked us into a hotel in a dodgy hole though! I'll have a look, cheers.

If you're staying in Workington I'd recommend the Waverley Hotel, a good recently refurbished 3 star hotel about 5 mins walk from Derwent Park. Although its a hotel its bar has a "local pub" atmosphere and it has many regulars who are RL fans including the landlord himself. Its handily placed, 5 mins to DP in one direction and 5 mins into the town centre in the other.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

If you're staying in Workington I'd recommend the Waverley Hotel, a good recently refurbished 3 star hotel about 5 mins walk from Derwent Park. Although its a hotel its bar has a "local pub" atmosphere and it has many regulars who are RL fans including the landlord himself. Its handily placed, 5 mins to DP in one direction and 5 mins into the town centre in the other.

Or the Waverley in Whitehaven.

Yeah, del will look after any rl fans. if yoy want a bit of luxury theres the washington, or if you want to see the lakes there's loads of nice places.

I agree - what if they've only made 40 % of 40 % available and sold 40 % of those? Where would be without our resident French cynic? A happier place, perhaps?

I think around 40% happier, depending on who was given that 40% and if it really was 40% or 4.0% of 40%. or something.

I agree - what if they've only made 40 % of 40 % available and sold 40 % of those? Where would be without our resident French cynic? A happier place, perhaps?

And what happens when only 40% of those turn up, due to a 40% chance of rain or the fact that 40% of the players playing in the tournament were born in Australia.

My head hurts....40% of the time....

If 40% HAVE BEEN SOLD THEN THAT IS EXCELLENT NEWS.

However if its 40% of what has been made available then that is NOT good news as it would = only around 20% of the total tickets being sold so far.

Given the RFL,s record on spin (Especially when it comes to ticket sales) it would be good to know what the REAL figure actually is.

CM

20% of total would be around 120k, considering they announced 100k sales ages back, I suspect the 200k+ number is more accurate.

Just bought tickets for Italy v Tonga at Halifax. Tickets are only on sale in the East Stand and the South Stand Terrace. They've sold 773 tickets in the south stand which isn't too shabby.

512 terrace tickets have been sold for Australia v Fiji at St Helens.

254 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Warrington and 599 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Headingley.

Just bought tickets for Italy v Tonga at Halifax. Tickets are only on sale in the East Stand and the South Stand Terrace. They've sold 773 tickets in the south stand which isn't too shabby.

254 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Warrington and 599 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Headingley.

How do you get the numbers for standing tickets mate? Is it just based on numbers when you put it into your basket?

How do you get the numbers for standing tickets mate? Is it just based on numbers when you put it into your basket?

Yes. You get a seat number even though it's a terrace. I bought my tickets and then about half an hour later on went in to buy another 2 and got the next two sequential numbers as my seat numbers.

Yes. You get a seat number even though it's a terrace. I bought my tickets and then about half an hour later on went in to buy another 2 and got the next two sequential numbers as my seat numbers.

If that's the case, and I came to the same conclusion, then over 150 standing tickets have been sold for the Warrington QF in the last 2 weeks and over 250 standing at Leeds

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Have they tweaked some of the pricing?

I paid a tenner to stand at Workington for the Scotland v Italy game yet the cheapest ticket is now £15 - not sure if I purchased mine on an offer though, nothing mentioned on my account.

Have they tweaked some of the pricing?

I paid a tenner to stand at Workington for the Scotland v Italy game yet the cheapest ticket is now £15 - not sure if I purchased mine on an offer though, nothing mentioned on my account.

They're playing the cheap plane ticket game, get in early, its cheap, as it fills up the price goes up.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Thanks for that. Hadn't worked that out...