The never-ending League Restructure debate (Many merged threads)

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise the precarious state of play at Bradford don't you? Its far from impossible that they could be relegated this year. Then what? Who is to say they wouldn't dissappear completely? Sorry mate but my club is far from safe.

Jeopardy is good for the soul, it'll make everyone at Bradford work extra hard to stay in the 12. You'll have a great season of entertainment along the way, enjoy the ride!

Edited by Ponterover

So.....is it 4, 5 or 6 clubs relegated from the Championship this season ?

If Toulouse aren't admitted for 2015 and no promotion from C1 then it's 4.

If Toulouse aren't admitted for 2015 but 1 up from C1 then it's 5.

If Toulouse are admitted for 2015 and no promotion from C1 then it's 5.

If Toulouse are admitted for 2015 and 1 up from C1 then it's 6.

Or are there still 2 promotion places from C1 in which case there could be 7 relegated from the Championship ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

So.....is it 4, 5 or 6 clubs relegated from the Championship this season ?

If Toulouse aren't admitted for 2015 and no promotion from C1 then it's 4.

If Toulouse aren't admitted for 2015 but 1 up from C1 then it's 5.

If Toulouse are admitted for 2015 and no promotion from C1 then it's 5.

If Toulouse are admitted for 2015 and 1 up from C1 then it's 6.

Or are there still 2 promotion places from C1 in which case there could be 7 relegated from the Championship ?

York think they have an assurance that there will still be promotion this year, so it'll be at least 5 relegated this year if that's true.

Hère in France they've tried the same set up but with 3 x 8 from the beginning, it's just coming to the split now were the groups become smaller, nobody seems to know what is happening, the games seem to being played and nobody seems to be interested!

To make things worse over here, is that we've a bonus system and teams are going for goal whilst losing 22 12 with 20 mins to go just to get the losing bonus points,

The icing on the cake is the top division teams get 2 bonus points if they've a 7 a side women's team! You need 7 girls signed on to qualify,

You think you've got it bad over there!

As usual the RFL don't listen to the fans with over 70% against this concept in a recent survey

A survey of 500 is not a big enough sample size to give a true reflection IMHO.

Nor was the survey of around 300 on this site a few months ago that had 3x8 as a narrow winner.

You do realise the precarious state of play at Bradford don't you? Its far from impossible that they could be relegated this year. Then what? Who is to say they wouldn't dissappear completely? Sorry mate but my club is far from safe.

But is that because of the system or the club?

It's a completely different situation.

And if you are saying it's because of the new system that Bradford may be relegated and not find their way back, couldn't it be argued that you're against the new system BECAUSE it doesn't benefit your club, rather than because it's not in the best interests of the game?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

exactly. where is Toulouse fitting in? I'm sorry, the whole thing is ludicrous.

BOLD PREDICTION: there will be another total "restructure" by 2017.

Funny how Oz league, which is absolutely thriving, doesn't have these endless "restructures"…

From what we can gather (from Castleford's CEO), Toulouse will enter the second division and build from there.

You can't compare Oz with UK, Sport in the UK has P&R running right through it, Oz doesn't.  We tried to emulate your set up with a (virtually) closed off league and it failed.

Time to return to something more familiar.

I've just removed around 40 posts from the past 24 hours that were either personal attacks, deliberate baiting or off-topic. One person has been suspended from posting. If this style of debate continues, others will quickly join them.

Remember, this thread is to discuss the league restructure. It is not an opportunity to make derogatory personal comments about anyone, or to goad others into such responses.

Stick to discussing the pros and cons of the league restructure only and leave the personal stuff out, or you WILL be suspended from posting on the forums until further notice.

Does anybody know when the tv rights are up for renewal is it before the new structure or during, I would like to see bt sport enter the bidding table, and maybe premier sports actually pay some money to show games

Sky has TV right until the end of 2016 according to wiki.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

If I was Sky, I'd be on the blower to the RFL wanting at least the middle 8 games in addition to the regular season and top 8 play off series.

There promises to be some humdingers in that series.

Sky love a bit of giant killing, it's no suprise that they picked the Fev / Cas and Fev / Wigan games for the challenge cup a couple of years ago.

exactly. where is Toulouse fitting in? I'm sorry, the whole thing is ludicrous.

BOLD PREDICTION: there will be another total "restructure" by 2017.

Funny how Oz league, which is absolutely thriving, doesn't have these endless "restructures"…

We've got to go lower yet Jim before everyone will realise it needs bold decisions IMVHO. We have a long history of inclusiveness, it will take bottle to break away from the 37 clubs here who have the vote. Not got the bottle yet.....

can anybody else bid to show games that sky aren't showing or do sky have exclusivity

I believe it's exclusive.

EDIT:

Sky coverage of the deal: up to 70 live Super League games, exclusive

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

From what we can gather (from Castleford's CEO), Toulouse will enter the second division and build from there.

You can't compare Oz with UK, Sport in the UK has P&R running right through it, Oz doesn't.  We tried to emulate your set up with a (virtually) closed off league and it failed.

Time to return to something more familiar.

Rugby League in this country has had more years without P&R than with it.

The familiar is no P&R

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

If I was Sky, I'd be on the blower to the RFL wanting at least the middle 8 games in addition to the regular season and top 8 play off series.

They're Super League games.  They've already got them.

Well I'm prepared to give it a go and see - an interesting concept I'm sure you'll agree

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.