20/07/13 - Northern Rail Bowl Final: London Skolars v North Wales Crusaders KO 2.30pm (Premier Sports)

Who will win the Northern Rail Bowl final?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Northern Rail Bowl final?

• London Skolars by 13 points or more
    • London Skolars by 7-12 points
    • London Skolars by 1-6 points
    • North Wales Crusaders by 1-6 points
    • North Wales Crusaders by 7-12 points
    • North Wales Crusaders by 13 points or more

pretty upset by the refereeing today felt that the cru lads chirped a lot at the ref and he responded. also video ref stuff went against the skolars. good game tho and cru are a good side. looking forward to them at New River 23rd Aug. chance for TV revenge!

Agreed - the Cru try was short so why was the SKolars try not given benefit of doubt too? That decision killed the game.

Great game btw

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the finals.

Great game and really pleased by the committed performance of the Skolars. Crusaders just had a bit too much for them, but they can hold their heads up high.

Crusaders' fans were great sports and really added to the atmosphere.

Great game until the last 15 minutes when I think the Skolars ran out of steam. 

I thought at least one of the Cru tries shouldn't have been awarded and I was surprised at Smith, especially for the second one when the ball very clearly looked short of the line. 

Still, it was a really enjoyable game and it was good to hear the Cru fans in good voice.

Congratulations to Crusaders players, coaching staff, back room boys and girls, Clive Griffiths and John Fieldhouse and Jamie and the team of Directors who got behind this team just over 18 months ago.  Thankfully not only do we still have rugby league to watch in North Wales we have a great team o be proud of.

I'm really pleased for Crusaders getting their first piece of silverware and our supporters were magnificent yet again. I hope we get as many turn up for the even bigger "cup final" at Oldham. I am glad that Crusaders put the extra points on in the last quarter though because I too think the video decisions went against Skolars, and I would not have been as happy to win the trophy courtesy of a controversial decision. I am certain that one of our tries was short and the decision to rule Skolars player was held up cannot possibly have been a certainty. I thought benefit of the doubt went to the attacking side. Skolars played well and must have been gutted but I am a Crusaders fan and a win is a win. I will take that. Looking forward to Skolars away myself and I am glad that Oldham still have to go there too. Skolars could still have a big say on who wins the title!

I'm really pleased for Crusaders getting their first piece of silverware and our supporters were magnificent yet again. I hope we get as many turn up for the even bigger "cup final" at Oldham. I am glad that Crusaders put the extra points on in the last quarter though because I too think the video decisions went against Skolars, and I would not have been as happy to win the trophy courtesy of a controversial decision. I am certain that one of our tries was short and the decision to rule Skolars player was held up cannot possibly have been a certainty. I thought benefit of the doubt went to the attacking side. Skolars played well and must have been gutted but I am a Crusaders fan and a win is a win. I will take that. Looking forward to Skolars away myself and I am glad that Oldham still have to go there too. Skolars could still have a big say on who wins the title!

The McConnell try was a bit controversial but watching it back there was one frame where the tip of the ball was on the whitewash.  Ian Smith dis ask for other camera angles but they were not really any use to him in making his decision.  The one frame showed McConnell in control of the ball and it just touching the line.  The Skolars Player was clearly held up by Reardon and at no time was there any evidence that the ball was grounded.  I too am glad that Crusades won by a clear margin and it wasn't decided on a controversial call. Skolars will be a tough team to beat at their place and we will need to be at our best to beat them.

Be a shame if we did as it would be like starting the season with -6 points  for the hairnets . :lol:   :bye:

I would miss my trips to Wrexham,so welcoming to us Hornets fans.Plus who would Clive have to moan about. :lol:

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

I would miss my trips to Wrexham,so welcoming to us Hornets fans.Plus who would Clive have to moan about. :lol:

I am happy you enjoyed your trips to Wrexham as we pride ourselves as being welcoming and friendly supporters. As for comments on moaning......from a Hornets fan!!.....pot....kettle......black.

Great day of Rugby League (despite the result in bowl)  great atmosphere generated by the (small) crowd  so much better than the funeral atmosphere at ther Stoop,

First time I've see the Crusaders or their excellent fans. Sign of good fans in my book, no gloating at opposition fans when you win