20/07/13 - Northern Rail Cup Final: Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles KO 5pm (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more
    • Leigh Centurions by 7-12 points
    • Leigh Centurions by 1-6 points
    • Sheffield Eagles by 1-6 points
    • Sheffield Eagles by 7-12 points
    • Sheffield Eagles by 13 points or more

I didn't suggest you weren't the best team, but that you weren't good enough to win the trophies, as you don't win the trophies by being great week in week out.

You need to be good all season and then perform in the high pressure games.

I agree dave but as you know anything can happen in a final.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mcnaly up to his usual trick of throwing an elbow when tackled, horrible little #####. Maden should be hammered for that too.

Laughed long and hard when he copped one himself a few minutes later, and then cried like a baby.

Good win though for Leigh, let's call it advanced consolation for the usual pain we'll dish them out in the playoffs :ph34r:

So basically not being good enough to win trophies?

I say this as a Wire fan who has seen his team not be good enough to win the SL Trophy.

Sheffield have been an odd team for 3 or 4 season now.

I think this is the first time they have taken the NRC seriously.

In the past they've started the season very slowly to the point were they have always used the NRC as a way to get fit for the league campaign.This season it looks like they've started the season at full pelt and come unstuck tonight,the last 20 minutes they were shocking.

Tubbs has got his worked cut out to recover from that tonight.

Edited by jpmc

Enjoyed the game greatly.

With a man off for each side, possession would be key and Leigh had it in the last quarter.

Worst crowd for a final by a bit of a distance. I liked the ground but was it the right move to take the game to Halifax?

It should of stayed st Blackpool you could of had a good night of it then. Anyway well done Leigh enjoy the victory

So, with twice as many NRC wins and a newer ground than Widnes, what does this mean for Leigh in 2015?

It means that they'll be in the Championship, where they belong.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Enjoyed the game greatly.

With a man off for each side, possession would be key and Leigh had it in the last quarter.

Swapping a winger for a prop was like swapping a pawn for a queen at chess.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

IMO they need to take the NRC on the road outside the heartlands. I'm sure this game would have got just as many fans played at Oxford, MK etc. I think you might actually get MORE fans of heartland clubs going, treating it as a weekend out. Halifax (or anywhere else in the heartlands) doesnt cut the mustard. In fact you could repeat this argument for next weeks SF

IMO they need to take the NRC on the road outside the heartlands. I'm sure this game would have got just as many fans played at Oxford, MK etc. I think you might actually get MORE fans of heartland clubs going, treating it as a weekend out. Halifax (or anywhere else in the heartlands) doesnt cut the mustard. In fact you could repeat this argument for next weeks SF

I think these are good ideas as long as the dates,kickoff times and stadiums are organised 6 months in advance.

Maybe all champ clubs should be asked to try and sell 100 tickets each plus the rfl/clubs could put subsidised coach travel on for those that buy tickets from the club

Did you go to the finals?

Looks like eagles have done our trick. Too consistent for their own good and burn out come the business end of the season.

You have to wonder how much the Challenge Cup has taken out of them.  Fev weren't the same team last season after playing Wigan.  I must admit I was shocked by the result, I thought Eagles were unstoppable.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

You're consistent.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................