Long joins Featherstone

Featherstone Rovers have announced that former Great Britain star and three times Lance Todd Trophy winner Sean Long has joined the club as Football Manager with immediate effect until the end of the 2013.

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Football Manager? ? ?

I can certainly see the merit in him being on the coaching staff but I would never have him down for any kind of Management role.

Technically we have a coach, albeit an interim one, so no 'coaching' vacancy exists. However as the coach does not appear to be currently attending matches and presumably this extends to non attendance of training there is a fair chance that Mr Long's Football Manager duties will be not dissimilar to those of a coach.

Technically we have a coach, albeit an interim one, so no 'coaching' vacancy exists. However as the coach does not appear to be currently attending matches and presumably this extends to non attendance of training there is a fair chance that Mr Long's Football Manager duties will be not dissimilar to those of a coach.

Nonsense !

Workington have got two coaches. Why can't Feisalstone Rovers have two ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

From what I've heard he was joining us next season as bastions assistant any way

Assistant ? Au contraire - he appears to be his boss ! (Or, at least, his line manager.)

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

are you been serious when you say your coach doesn't attend matches etc?

I'll give it six weeks till it all goes wrong and there is a parting of the ways.

Seaon'll be over by then.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Odd combination. A guy who's been a bit of a renegade and maverick throughout his career and an apparently megalomaniac chairman with an ego the size of Africa. I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

Not a bad start. You obviously don't know Mark Campbell at all well judging by your assesment of him, I can assure you he's a top bloke with a vision for the club he loves. Longy might be all the things you say he is but he knows more than most what success is and how to achieve it. Looking forward immensely to the last few weeks of the season.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House

Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.picturehouseweddingfilms.co.uk/