Dragons boss blasts RFL disciplinary process

Laurent Frayssinous has responded to the RFL's disciplinary tribunal appeal hearing for Zeb Taia who have upheld the three game ban that was given to him on Tuesday evening.

Frayssinous stated "We are disappointed to hear that the RFL disciplinary tribunal has seen fit to confirm that Zeb Taia will miss our next three games. We are not happy about the decision after we put together what we thought was a balanced and reasonable appeal. We will keep a close eye on any decisions that go to the tribunal over the coming weeks.

"We are a strong club, we have a group of players who have a strong mentality and we have an excellent set of supporters. This will not grind us down, but only strengthen us to perform over the next few games and seal our place in the play-offs for when Zeb returns to our team."

I think that's a little bit dramatic to be honest. A 3 game ban to a player at this stage isn't exactly a major crisis regardless of how hard done by they might be feeling. Perhaps he's attempting to instil a backs to the wall mentality into his team.

I do hope Catalans have a strong finish to the season though. Saints aside (obviously) then they'd be my preferred choice to win at Old Trafford.

I think that's a little bit dramatic to be honest. A 3 game ban to a player at this stage isn't exactly a major crisis regardless of how hard done by they might be feeling. Perhaps he's attempting to instil a backs to the wall mentality into his team.

I do hope Catalans have a strong finish to the season though. Saints aside (obviously) then they'd be my preferred choice to win at Old Trafford.

Next week it'll be a press release about their run in. The RFL are biased...

(It's a hell of a run in though, after Saints last week, a pepped up Bulls, Wigan, Leeds and then Wire)

If, a big if, we win - and I think we may - then I'd struggle to see them winning another game.

Next week it'll be a press release about their run in. The RFL are biased...

(It's a hell of a run in though, after Saints last week, a pepped up Bulls, Wigan, Leeds and then Wire)

If, a big if, we win - and I think we may - then I'd struggle to see them winning another game.

That is an extremely nasty run in, and to my surprise they're only 4 points clear of you, I was thinking that their place in the 8 was more or less secure for some reason. They've got a lot of work to do even to make the playoffs, so I understand why it seems like such a bitter blow to them now, they'll need all the help they can get.

They need to put this behind them now and focus on what's to come as there's going to be little room for slip ups.

That is an extremely nasty run in, and to my surprise they're only 4 points clear of you, I was thinking that their place in the 8 was more or less secure for some reason. They've got a lot of work to do even to make the playoffs, so I understand why it seems like such a bitter blow to them now, they'll need all the help they can get.

They need to put this behind them now and focus on what's to come as there's going to be little room for slip ups.

Nah, f*ck 'em! ;)

ON/561/13

Gregory Mounis-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/562/13

Zeb Taia-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/563/13

Michael Simon-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/565/13

Antonio Maria-Catalans-Catalans v St Helens-03/08/13

ON/508/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Salford v Catalans-19/07/13

ON/509/13

Greg Mounis-Catalans-Salford v Catalans-19/07/13

ON/510/13

Remi Casty-Catalans-Salford v Catalans-19/07/13

ON/484/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Catalans v Hull-13/07/13

ON/483/13

Mathias Pala-Catalans-Catalans v London-06/07/13

ON/484/13

Julien Bousquet-Catalans-Catalans v London-06/07/13

ON/485/13

Vincent Duport-Catalans-Catalans v London-06/07/13

ON/447/13

Gregory Mounis-Catalans-Huddersfield v Catalans--8/06/13

ON/391/13

Steve Menzies-Catalans-Catalans v Hull-08/06/13

ON/392/13

Greg Mounis-Catalans-Catalans v Hull-08/06/13

ON/374/13

Morgan Escare-Catalans-Widnes v Catalans-02/06/13

ON/376/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Widnes v Catalans-02/06/13

ON/351/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Catalans v London-25/05/13

ON/334/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Catalans v Castleford-18/05/13

ON/335/13

Vincent Duport-Catalans-Catalans v Castleford-18/05/13

ON/319/13

Antonio Maria-Catalans-Catalans v York-12/05/13

ON/284/13

Leon Pryce-Catalans-Wakefield v Catalans-04/05/13

ON/251/13

Remi Casty-Catalans-Catalans v Huddersfield-27/04/13

ON/238/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Hunslet v Catalans-21/04/13

ON/183/13

Oliver Elima-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/184/13

Zeb Taia-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/186/13

Jamal Fakir-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/187/13

Gregory Mounis-Catalans-Catalans v Leeds-01/04/13

ON/162/13

Michael Simon-Catalans-London v Catalans-28/03/13

ON/145/13

Zeb Taia-Catalans-Catalans v Bradford-24/03/13

ON/127/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Catalans v Widnes-16/03/13

ON/109/13

Ian Henderson-Catalans-Wigan v Catalans-08/03/13

ON/110/13

Eloi Pelissier-Catalans-Wigan v Catalans-08/03/13

ON/111/13

Oliver Elima-Catalans-Wigan v Catalans-08/03/13

ON/83/13

Antonio Maria-Catalans-Catalans v Wakefield-02/03/13

ON/41/13

Leon Pryce-Catalans-Warrington v Catalans-15/02/13

ON/42/13

Oliver Elima-Catalans-Warrington v Catalans-15/02/13

ON/44/13

Brent Webb-Catalans-Warrington v Catalans-15/02/13

ON/27/13

Julien Bousquet-Catalans-Catalans v Salford-09/02/13

ON/27/13 - Appeal

Julien Bousquet-Catalans-Catalan v Salford-09/02/13-

ON/26/13

Thomas Bosc-Catalans-Hull KR v Catalans-03/02/13

Statistically they are one set of dirty mothers

they top the Red Card / Yellow Card Stats, and are 2nd only Hull KR in Penatties conceeded, their RFL disciplinary runs like war & peace , but mainly war .

So yeah it's all a conspiracy ....

Edited by Middleman

Interesting part to Taia's defence:-

"The player states that he has come into the tackle and he feels it was a committed tackle and that it was shoulder to shoulder"

Taia obviously still doesn't understand that you can't tackle an opponent by just using your shoulder, regardless of where the impact point was !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Interesting part to Taia's defence:-

"The player states that he has come into the tackle and he feels it was a committed tackle and that it was shoulder to shoulder"

Taia obviously still doesn't understand that you can't tackle an opponent by just using your shoulder, regardless of where the impact point was !

I don't want to see players get banned for a shoulder to shoulder hit though (and I'm not saying his hit on O'Brien was). If a shoulder charge is aimed at the mid section for example (see Koroibete's hit which was penalised in the Tigers vs Eels game earlier) then why should that warrant a ban? Or even a penalty?

I'd only like to see bans handed out for shoulder charges which make contact with the head, and still think Taia's did.