Whisky

That's a hell of a measure. By the time you get to the bottom, you may as well be on Bells.

If you sip it, savour it, and appreciate its delicate personality, a pint of dalwinnie can last as long as ten minutes

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Just bought a bottle of Singleton 'Tailfire', on offer at my local Asda. I'll report back later.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I just ordered a bottle of Ardberg as the Laphroaig has all mysteriously 'disappeared', looking forward to trying something different.

have a you ever had a swig of Bowmore? When I first tried it I didn't like it. I thought it tasted like ink(don't ask), but I grew to enjoy it.

Keeping it local

have a you ever had a swig of Bowmore? When I first tried it I didn't like it. I thought it tasted like ink(don't ask), but I grew to enjoy it.

Yep, I bought a bottle of Bowmore 100 degrees last year and really liked it. I was tempted to go back and try another Bowmore but first wanted to try a few different Islays.

The pub in our village is rubbish for whisky (Bells, Teachers and that sort of stuff only) so I find myself 'forced' to buy bottles to sample in the comfort of my own home.

My wife's uncle died recently. His widow cleaned out his stock of whisky and passed it to me as she doesn't like it.

So I came into

Two litres of Bells

A Litre of Bowmore

A Litre of The MacAllan

A Litre of Chivas Regal

A bottle of Jack Daniels

A bottle of Jura

A bottle of Southern Comfort.

The Bowmore soon went, followed by the Jura.

I'm on the Chivas and enjoying it at the moment. I don't buy much blended but the 12 years of maturation have certainly smoothed it. It's a nice drink.

God knows what Im going to do with the Southern Comfort. Some "lucky" person will probably find it in thier stocking this Christmas.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Yep, I bought a bottle of Bowmore 100 degrees last year and really liked it. I was tempted to go back and try another Bowmore but first wanted to try a few different Islays.

The pub in our village is rubbish for whisky (Bells, Teachers and that sort of stuff only) so I find myself 'forced' to buy bottles to sample in the comfort of my own home.

ASDA invariably have a Bowmore in stock and the Co-op often do as well. It's a lovely drop, but it did take some getting used to. I was introduced to it when on holiday near Cempbelltown and we went to Islay for the day and visited the distillery. 

Keeping it local

My wife's uncle died recently. His widow cleaned out his stock of whisky and passed it to me as she doesn't like it.

So I came into

Two litres of Bells

A Litre of Bowmore

A Litre of The MacAllan

A Litre of Chivas Regal

A bottle of Jack Daniels

A bottle of Jura

A bottle of Southern Comfort.

The Bowmore soon went, followed by the Jura.

I'm on the Chivas and enjoying it at the moment. I don't buy much blended but the 12 years of maturation have certainly smoothed it. It's a nice drink.

God knows what Im going to do with the Southern Comfort. Some "lucky" person will probably find it in thier stocking this Christmas.

Perhaps you could use it in cooking. I bet it goes well in a fruit cake or s pudding  or a sauce or jus.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

Keeping it local

• 2 weeks later...

I have been bequeathed a bottle of Rosebank. Distilled in the early 80's before the distillery became a little 'tired'.

I think I'll open it.... It was left for the purpose of drinking it.

Cheers George... slain je var.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I have been bequeathed a bottle of Rosebank. Distilled in the early 80's before the distillery became a little 'tired'.

I think I'll open it.... It was left for the purpose of drinking it.

Cheers George... slain je var.

your gaelic spelling is a bit wonky.

Our local italian had garlick coffee on the menu

By the way i dont know the correct spelling either.

Not overly oppressed with Ardbeg 10 year old, not as good as Laphroaig or Bowmore. It's drinkable but lacking something.

I might have to splash out on one of the other Ardbegs such as the Uigeadail or Corryvreckan as they seem to be rated highly....if I can figure out how to pronounce them.

Not overly oppressed with Ardbeg 10 year old, not as good as Laphroaig or Bowmore. It's drinkable but lacking something.

I might have to splash out on one of the other Ardbegs such as the Uigeadail or Corryvreckan as they seem to be rated highly....if I can figure out how to pronounce them.

I have some of the new Laphroaig Select, a bit light and not as meaty as proper Laphroaig.

Ardbeg is overpriced these days.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I have some of the new Laphroaig Select, a bit light and not as meaty as proper Laphroaig.

Ardbeg is overpriced these days.

What are your thoughts on Caol Ila or Lagavulin?

Perhaps I need to arrange a holiday to Scotland to continue my education. 

What are your thoughts on Caol Ila or Lagavulin?

Perhaps I need to arrange a holiday to Scotland to continue my education. 

I love Caol Ila.

Lagavulin, like Laphroaig, is a bit of an acquired taste.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson