Whisky

12 yr bunny heaven Xmas present from the ma, just cracked it open - cheers ma and cheers all

Lovely stuff that.  Just perfect as a sipping whisky to relax with.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

12 yr bunny heaven Xmas present from the ma, just cracked it open - cheers ma and cheers all

I finished my bottle of that just before Christmas. I'm working my way through a bottle of Glenlivert 18yr old, but it's no where near as good.

Two bottles of whisky (so far)for my Birthday.

Both 12 YO Speysides, an Aberlour and an Aberfeldy.

As the diet starts again tomorrow they will probably last a lot longer than the Islays I had for Christmas.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Last night was spent in the very north of Scotland in front of a log fire.

Having called for essential supplies at Dalwhinnie and Clynelish on the way here it was a very pleasant experience - particularly as the wind is howling and the rain is lashing outside.

Wolfburn tomorrow will be interesting... it's just reopened at it closed over 150 years ago. May do Rockrose gin tomorrow too whilst we are in the area

Contented of rotherham

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

Having called for essential supplies at Dalwhinnie and Clynelish on the way here it was a very pleasant experience - particularly as the wind is howling and the rain is lashing outside.

Wolfburn tomorrow will be interesting... it's just reopened at it closed over 150 years ago. May do Rockrose gin tomorrow too whilst we are in the area

Contented of rotherham

I remember visiting the Dalwhinnie distillery many years ago, quite an interesting tour followed by a few drams at the end. One of my favourite 'light' whiskies.

Contented of rotherham

Clynelish is a really good dram, although not widely available. Almost next door to the sadly mothballed Brora distillery, which made a stonking whisky in its day. The bottling I bought (and enjoyed) at a normal price in the Eighties now commands a price that I'd refuse to pay even if I could afford it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Same with Rosebank. 300 quid a bottle.... For a 1994 distillation... when the distillery was becoming a little tired.

No way would I pay 300 quid

Same with Rosebank. 300 quid a bottle.... For a 1994 distillation... when the distillery was becoming a little tired.

No way would I pay 300 quid

Never had Rosebank... and now it looks like I never will. :( 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just bottled my own old pulteney .... straight from the cask. Signed the customs book.

53.1% of absolute gorgeous whisky. The best so far.

Caithness in January..... best northern Scotland expedition to date

• 3 weeks later...

It's Saturday night and I've been spinning vinyl and enjoying several ftom a bottle of Royal Locnagar, one of the Memsahib's favourites. Diet and dry spell completely shot to ruins.

Some things I derive from tonight....

I'll always enjoy music

Good whisky is excellent

And I'll never EVER be thin......

Slainté

Edited by Robin Evans

They sampled some interesting whiskies on Channel 4's 'Sunday Brunch' today, including Octomore from Bruichladdich, which has been picking up world awards despite being only 5 years old.

There are some interesting things and experiments going on in today's world of whisky!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bottle of Ardbeg Uigeadail arrived earlier today. Will be opening later to give it a try.

I can confirm that this is really very nice, it's a proper smoky, peaty, full bodied whisky. It's bottled at cask strength and a little water really releases lots of new flavours.

I think I have a new favourite whisky and I'm about ready to give up on the non-Islay whiskies as they just seem to be lacking the kick you get from the Islay whiskies.

• 2 weeks later...

Been given a bottle of English Single Malt from the St George distillors in Nolfolk, have to say I'm pleasently suprised, very nice.

really? I thought it was quite bland.

Have you tried the stuff ftom the lake district yet... that's not a bad dram and better than Penderyn in my opinion.

I have to add my whisky sipping mate really likes both English offerings

Edited by Robin Evans