Delaney signs new deal with Rhinos

Leeds Rhinos forward Brett Delaney has agreed a new five year contract with the Super League champions which will keep him at Headingley Carnegie until at least the end of the 2018 season. The 28-year-old had two years remaining on his current contract after this season but that has now been replaced with the new deal, at the end of which, he will have been at the Rhinos for nine seasons.

Delaney, who is currently sidelined with a knee injury, has made 109 appearances for the club having signed from the Gold Coast Titans in 2010.

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

"There was a lot of rubbish coming out of Australia saying that I was looking to move home but that was never my intention. It was flattering that club's were enquiring about me but I have never felt more at home at a club than I do at the Rhinos"

What does it even mean? "lot of rubbish coming out of Australia" and then in the same sentence  "It was flattering that Clubs were enquiring about me":

Which NRL Clubs were chasing you? Perhaps it was Parramatta wanting him back......................Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Name names Brett.

Edited by AndyCapp

5 years is a bit much, I dont think id be happy giving a player a 5year contract unless it was a youngster or a top star which hes neither.

In the present 9 year era there has never been Top stars at the club No MOS awards ,no prima Donna,s etc,but what they have had in abundance is team spirit which is the main ingredient for a club that is getting it right.Just look at the list of testimonials going back to 2004.Player like Rangi Chase wouldn't get deal at Leeds

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I always liked Brett as a player at the Titans. Always gave 100%.

However, like others on here, I think 5 years is a bit much, as 5 year deals are usually only reserved for the best players and coaches going around- apart from John Cartwright....

I always liked Brett as a player at the Titans. Always gave 100%.

However, like others on here, I think 5 years is a bit much, as 5 year deals are usually only reserved for the best players and coaches going around- apart from John Cartwright....

The CEO has always said and indeed the players have repeated the statement "the club rewards loyalty"and JP and Kylie the way they are playing they are making 35 look like the new 30.I think its obvious Frogga's agent has been at work here mentioning keen interest from Oz,just like the same agent did with Bailey getting him 2years plus 1 year option.Delaney I think is marked down to take over the JP role

FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Good luck to him.

Can not imagine which NRL clubs were chasing him.

He is the typical player that can earn similar money in SL as he would in the NRL but the difference is he is rated player and  guaranteed a spot at Leeds whereas that would not be the case in the NRL where grafters are a dime a dozen.

Maybe I am biased, I have seen the shirts him and his wonky mate promotes and that is enough for me.

Good luck to him.

He is the typical player that can earn similar money in SL as he would in the NRL but the difference is he is rated player and guaranteed a spot at Leeds whereas that would not be the case in the NRL where grafters are a dime a dozen.

Maybe I am biased, I have seen the shirts him and his wonky mate promotes and that is enough for me.

well there does seem to be a lot of interest in SL players from NRL lately even 18 year old kids are going.By the way I've just heard Ryan Atkins has just signed a 4 year deal,good luck to him and I'm his club know what they are doing.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Good luck to him.

He is the typical player that can earn similar money in SL as he would in the NRL but the difference is he is rated player and guaranteed a spot at Leeds whereas that would not be the case in the NRL where grafters are a dime a dozen.

JP is the best grafter the sport at 35 and he is no dime a dozen

JAMIE PEACOCK