League Express Upfront: How will we remember the Challenge Cup final of 2013?

b9c08a77a6c5838a6165fd7c6ae8199c.jpg

SO how will we remember the Challenge Cup final of 2013?
That depends which side of the fence you are standing on.
It was certainly a low-scoring affair that Wigan had the better chance of winning because of their better ball retention and superior kicking game. On a day in which the heavens opened with some intent, the pre-match downpour was reminiscent of the 1968 Watersplash final, although the pitch at the new Wembley stood up to it better than the old.

Click here to view the article

Read League Express in full online today on your desktop, tablet or smartphone

http://www.pocketmags.com/viewmagazine.aspx?titleid=1039&title=League+Express

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

I've forgotten it already.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Blake were dire!!

I was impressed by their 'show must go on' attitude at half time, when they were stood out in the open air getting another soaking while trying to entertain the crowd.

I'll remember the weather longer than the game itself. 

Maybe the No. 13 for the Grammar School team is someone to keep a check on.

Where did everyone get the polythene ponchos from?  I cadged a large polythene bag off one of the Wembley cleaners.who then asked his supervisor if they had 90,000 bags available (this was before the official crowd was known).

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Where did everyone get the polythene ponchos from?  I cadged a large polythene bag off one of the Wembley cleaners.who then asked his supervisor if they had 90,000 bags available (this was before the official crowd was known).

Here's one possibility (I'm investing in anticipation of a wet world cup!):

http://www.rain-poncho.co.uk/ 

I'll remember the weather longer than the game itself. 

Maybe the No. 13 for the Grammar School team is someone to keep a check on.

They were handing out free ponchos outside of the stadium.

The game will certainly be remembered for being wet,wet, wet.

Having now watched the game on TV as well as having been their live, I think it will also be remembered for being very tense right until the last few minutes. 

It will unfortunately possibly be remembered for Hull being nilled, they didn't deserve that after all the defensive effort they put in. I would have liked them to have at least slotted a penalty over.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

They were handing out free ponchos outside of the stadium.

The game will certainly be remembered for being wet,wet, wet.

Having now watched the game on TV as well as having been their live, I think it will also be remembered for being very tense right until the last few minutes.

It will unfortunately possibly be remembered for Hull being nilled, they didn't deserve that after all the defensive effort they put in. I would have liked them to have at least slotted a penalty over.

Popped in sold out, or wishing they were lucky

Temptation

East of the river

All wet wet wet

Edited by 1976PMJwires