Summer/Winter debate

ckn

Is there any proof that clubs have been coerced? And, if so, what sort of figures are we actually talking about?

It all sounds a big dramatic to me.

Either way, I stick by my original point: why stress over what other clubs are doing? Just be happy with your own choices and leave them to it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not this again, i know im getting fed up of this now i don't know about anyone else there is no point to it. it will never end people prefer winter and others summer so it will never be sorted or come to a compromise. just leave this debate alone now............................... RANT OVER  

The main idea of this thread is that there are a lot of people who feel very strongly about this debate and understandably want to keep talking about it.  This is a place where we'd prefer it's done while leaving other threads alone for other subjects.  That way, those who don't want to keep hearing about it can do so while still being an active part of the forum.

As mentioned by others, if you don't want to read the thread then don't.  Much like if you don't like something on telly, switch channels.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Is there any proof that clubs have been coerced? And, if so, what sort of figures are we actually talking about?

Either way, I stick by my original point: why stress over what other clubs are doing? Just be happy with your own choices and leave them to it.

There's no written documentation to back this up but in the North West the RFL through certain officials were contacting clubs and strategically used a whispering campaign which ultimately saw teams in their droves leave the NWC ARL mid season to join a new RFL summer league.

Ironically, now it seems that there is an ageement forming within the northwest, for a "non conflicting" cross-over period between the RFL and NWC ARL. Now why didn't someone think of that before. 

It may be the synic in me but this coincides with Ron Girvin being installed as President of North West Rugby League - where did that position come from - and son Neil being given a paid position with the RFL as a competition manager. This may also be a change in the RFL strategy to commence support for the winter game.

You never fail until you stop trying

There's no written documentation to back this up but in the North West the RFL through certain officials were contacting clubs and strategically used a whispering campaign which ultimately saw teams in their droves leave the NWC ARL mid season to join a new RFL summer league.

Ironically, now it seems that there is an ageement forming within the northwest, for a "non conflicting" cross-over period between the RFL and NWC ARL. Now why didn't someone think of that before.

It may be the synic in me but this coincides with Ron Girvin being installed as President of North West Rugby League - where did that position come from - and son Neil being given a paid position with the RFL as a competition manager. This may also be a change in the RFL strategy to commence support for the winter game.

Is that the "redoubtable Ron Girvin" who I keep reading about.

Too much of the grassroots game is about personalities, egos and empire building.

Is that the "redoubtable Ron Girvin" who I keep reading about.

Too much of the grassroots game is about personalities, egos and empire building.

Yes it is indeed the same Ron Girvin who is undoubtably worthy of anyone's respect.

The point that I was making is not one of personalties or egos, as I'm sure that Ron and his family have always viewed their work in the game as a labour of love, but about the RFL giving those little sweeteners to prise their way into any particular entity that they need to inhabit

How many of Tims juniors got directed to the Hillsborough Hawks (Sheff Eagles chosen club) we lost two halves of teams to Donny Toll Bar (Donny chosen club) Hoyland lost players to the Hawks as well - It is dramatic when teams at other clubs have to fold.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

How many of Tims juniors got directed to the Hillsborough Hawks (Sheff Eagles chosen club) we lost two halves of teams to Donny Toll Bar (Donny chosen club) Hoyland lost players to the Hawks as well - It is dramatic when teams at other clubs have to fold.

They were my juniors too, Jim, but it wasn't the RFL doing the coercing.

Yes it is indeed the same Ron Girvin who is undoubtably worthy of anyone's respect.

The point that I was making is not one of personalties or egos, as I'm sure that Ron and his family have always viewed their work in the game as a labour of love, but about the RFL giving those little sweeteners to prise their way into any particular entity that they need to inhabit

Why do you seem to be implying that the Girvins' integrity is being compromised then?

Just a simple question where do you get your players from.

like i said it's pointless. you might as well debate on what came first the chicken or the egg rather than winter/summer rugby, there's a better chance of coming to a answer and everyone agreeing on the same answer

like i said it's pointless. you might as well debate on what came first the chicken or the egg rather than winter/summer rugby, there's a better chance of coming to a answer and everyone agreeing on the same answer

Although it is indeterminate which animal was the first chicken, the question of whether the chicken or the chicken egg came first has a determinate answer. Since an animal does not evolve into another species during its lifetime, and since organisms can fail to breed true, it is biologically necessary that the chicken egg came first.

That is unless the RFL see things differently

I think Jim is referring to a problem that is very distinct to South Yorks/North Derbyshire

It did also happen at other service areas as well mate, the idea on paper was/is probably a good one but in reality it had teams at growing clubs fold.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Positive news in the the North West all five leagues met today to see how we can take the region forward ,working together to fully embrace the four seasons concept .

Plenty of food for thought but the main thing is we are all going to work more as a unit to promote the game in the north west .

Positive news in the the North West all five leagues met today to see how we can take the region forward ,working together to fully embrace the four seasons concept .

Plenty of food for thought but the main thing is we are all going to work more as a unit to promote the game in the north west .

Excellent news Taxi, I hear that the new chair of the NW Mens' league is promising a non conflicting crossover with summer/winter. Was the progression in ascending age groups to open age a discussion point

Archived