Bulls clear up concerns

Bradford Bulls have today put to bed any fears of more financial difficulties at the club.

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

It really grates on me when people say 'myself' or 'yourself' when they actually mean 'me' or 'you'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Sorry.

Well that's you convinced.

Was on about the Bulls fella, who does it twice in that piece.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Yeah, I totally believe them.

There is no reason not to believe them is there if both the HMRC and the RFL agree with the story, is there?

What I would say is there are too many of these little "mistakes" slipping through the net in the past few months by the Bulls, which is more worrying.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I know Bradford need to see people put money in, but its a worry when somebody is basically forced to put in a million a year and they dont even make the playoffs. How much longer do the likes of Kahn keep putting such amounts in? Rugby League is at a crossroads and realistically outside a couple of clubs, SL is a millstone that will bring down a club who seem to do anything to stay in and keep making "mistakes" and then send a message to say all is OK. The Clubs in the UK cant run the game or even themselves properly. Maybe its time for the RFL to have absolute control. Problem is the RFL are hardly a shining example and have helped to create fractions in the game. The future of the game is a major concern at pro level

Omar only put the lump sum into the club three weeks ago. I don't think he has put anywhere near this amount in before hand, with the club sourcing money from sponsorship deals etc.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I know Bradford need to see people put money in, but its a worry when somebody is basically forced to put in a million a year and they dont even make the playoffs. How much longer do the likes of Kahn keep putting such amounts in? Rugby League is at a crossroads and realistically outside a couple of clubs, SL is a millstone that will bring down a club who seem to do anything to stay in and keep making "mistakes" and then send a message to say all is OK. The Clubs in the UK cant run the game or even themselves properly. Maybe its time for the RFL to have absolute control. Problem is the RFL are hardly a shining example and have helped to create fractions in the game. The future of the game is a major concern at pro level

I think you need to remember that Omar Khan has had no experience of running a rugby club and and is only just coming to the end of his first year - so he hasn't been putting £1 million "a year" into the club. This hasn't been helped by being on less than half of the TV money the other clubs are on. His biggest mistake was probably in assuming that all the old season ticket holders would renew without taking into account the cheap prices previously on offer and hopefully, after a full years' experience, he will have a bit more awareness for future seasons.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

I think you need to remember that Omar Khan has had no experience of running a rugby club and and is only just coming to the end of his first year - so he hasn't been putting £1 million "a year" into the club. This hasn't been helped by being on less than half of the TV money the other clubs are on. His biggest mistake was probably in assuming that all the old season ticket holders would renew without taking into account the cheap prices previously on offer and hopefully, after a full years' experience, he will have a bit more awareness for future seasons.

How does that equate to them not paying their taxes?

With regards to the £1m - we don't really know what the circumstances of this were/are.

It looks like the Bulls are getting around £1m less funding than other clubs over two years, maybe this £1m he has recently pumped in his is way of covering this and was always planned as part of the agreement - if this is the case, it isn;t bad news at all, as long as this is all that is required to cover the costs.

Amazes me how easy it is just to "forget" about a huge debt.

Links in with the wider problem that a number of SL clubs put far too much of their money into the first team squad, and not enough into the rest of the business. Happy to pay an average player £50k a year, but baulk at paying above minimum wage for the guy who's going to look after the finances!