Brough lands more awards

It's bad coaching if you have the best halfback in the league who is admittdly a bit temperamental and you don't use some man management or leadershiop skills to cater to his ego and get him in your squad. Completely leaving him out of the exiles squad was just plain stupid and left Brough with a negatiove connotation on his chances of playing in the world cup.,

Exactly.

Jesus it's like Groundhog Day.

Look its win win for you McNamara haters, if we bomb in the World Cup you've got a ready made excuse cos obviously we'd have won it with Beoughy, and if we win, well, we've Ron the World Cup so you should be happy. As I say it's win win for you guys.

Exactly.

When Brough came to the Giants he came with a reputation,and it may have been deserved I don't know, He was going to be trouble in the dressing room, on the field and just about everywhere else, Well it hasn't happened so somebody has shown whatever it takes to get the best out of him.

I take Christopher's point though, The decisions have been made we have to move on, I wouldn't have Sinfield myself, with or without Brough , He is and has been a superb player for Leeds over the years, He never quite seems to do it for England, but there is no guarantee that Brough would either, We have other good young halves, we should be looking to the future

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

we should be looking to the future

No we shouldn't, we should be looking at the present, you could say we should be looking at the future forever, its the WC in two months we should be focussing on that not the team for next years tournament.

You can say what you like about Sinfield but in the last game England went to pieces when he wasn't on the pitch in the second half.

Yes Brough should probably be in but he isn't and we have what looks like a very very good squad.

No we shouldn't, we should be looking at the present, you could say we should be looking at the future forever, its the WC in two months we should be focussing on that not the team for next years tournament.

You can say what you like about Sinfield but in the last game England went to pieces when he wasn't on the pitch in the second half.

Yes Brough should probably be in but he isn't and we have what looks like a very very good squad.

Spot on!

Sinny should be the 1st name on the team sheet, no1 can organise and direct a team like he can.

Spot on!

Sinny should be the 1st name on the team sheet, no1 can organise and direct a team like he can.

Is that a joke because if it is, you've left out the funny bit. Sinfields a 34 time failure at international level.

The Australians and to a slightly lesser extent the Kiwis will tear him to shreds, they must be laughing their collective kocks off!

McNamara not picking Brough in a 40 man ETS was nothing more than an attempt to publicly humiliate Danny, so much so that the aim was to leave Broughy with nowhere to go but out of the England camp. Brough has been the stand out player in SL this season and it's incompetence to the extreme on McNamaras part that he can't manage the squad better.

Is that a joke because if it is, you've left out the funny bit. Sinfields a 34 time failure at international level.

The Australians and to a slightly lesser extent the Kiwis will tear him to shreds, they must be laughing their collective kocks off!

McNamara not picking Brough in a 40 man ETS was nothing more than an attempt to publicly humiliate Danny, so much so that the aim was to leave Broughy with nowhere to go but out of the England camp. Brough has been the stand out player in SL this season and it's incompetence to the extreme on McNamaras part that he can't manage the squad better.

As I say Groundhog Day .

Although I'm still intrigued with your assertion Sinfield has been a failure 34 times and NZ will rip him apart, even though the las two games he's played against NZ he's won MOM.

Brough has been the standout player in SL but he's chosen to play for Scotland, you need to get over it.

As I say Groundhog Day .

OH The irony!

I certainly wasn't as quick as you to jump on this thread.

You're living in a fantasy world Chris, MCNamara manufactured a situation that was unacceptable to Brough or for that matter any player with an ounce of self respect, he did it on purpose and made no real attempt to hide it.

I like Sinfield, he's looked World class for Leeds but has had no more than 2 or 3 decent games at international level, he's had his chance and failed.

OH The irony!

I certainly wasn't as quick as you to jump on this thread.

You're living in a fantasy world Chris, MCNamara manufactured a situation that was unacceptable to Brough or for that matter any player with an ounce of self respect, he did it on purpose and made no real attempt to hide it.

I like Sinfield, he's looked World class for Leeds but has had no more than 2 or 3 decent games at international level, he's had his chance and failed.

Well he clearly hasn't had his chance as it does seem if fit he will be playing in the World Cup. And will be the first chance he's had as captain and organiser of the side.

As I said earlier its a win win situation for you McNamara bashers.

And your assessment of te Brough McNamara situation seems a touch hyperbolic.

It's not win win,

I want England to win the World cup end of. . .

But their chances of doing so nosedived when SM took control, he's clueless and has made a string of poor decisions

Win win omega, if they win you'll be happy and if they don't you've already made your excuses and you can say told you so.

McNamara has let the England team down IMO by ignoring Brough. Personally I would replace him as coach immediately after the tournament as prob do more damage than good at this stage to do it. But he's defo not acting in the best interest of our team.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

What i should have said is ,we should have been looking to the future, and we still should, I grant you we shall not have the worst side we have fielded, but shall we have the best that's available. I am not anti K Sinfield, i recognise he has been a superb player for Leeds, I'm not saying he will be ###### for England, I'm asking is he the best we can do, If we are taking S Mac's point about sticking with experience and a settled squad, Why is Tomkins there, we have far more experienced fullbacks available, We have fullbacks who can organise defences better i would think, But the point is Tomkins is a match winner, he can produce magic at times, and so to an extent can Brough. But Hey Ho, we have who we have and we shall all be behind them.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

Your point would maybe have been valid if Tomkins hadn't played full back for England for the last two years and at Wigan for longer than that so he is sticking to his word about a settled squad, we have plenty of 'match winners' in there and with Sinfield we have an outstanding leader and organiser, yes Brough would have been a great addition but by no means does England's chances rest on him being in the squad.

McNamara had been doing exactly what you are asking for he has been working since he was appointed to get a settled squad by looking to the future, that 'future' is now the present and we have a fantastic looking squad. It looks like Widdop may be fit which adds to our options in the half back role, we have some excellent 3/4s and the forwards look very strong indeed.

You need a running game to be an international half back. Sinfield doesn't, our attack out wide will suffer from this massively. Sinfields leadership, kicking and organisation are at a very high level but these are not enough to hack it at international level. This is my only problem with Sinfield playing.

Sinfield playing has no bearing on my opinion on McNamaras treatment of Brough. So I'm not quite sure why he has been brought in to debate if I'm honest.

You need a running game to be an international half back. Sinfield doesn't, our attack out wide will suffer from this massively. Sinfields leadership, kicking and organisation are at a very high level but these are not enough to hack it at international level. This is my only problem with Sinfield playing.

Sinfield playing has no bearing on my opinion on McNamaras treatment of Brough. So I'm not quite sure why he has been brought in to debate if I'm honest.

I actually think Sinfield will play a fair chunk of time at 9 (which he's actually currently doing for Leeds)

I think Sinfields been brought into it as people think McNamara is just picking his favourites but IMO he is trying to build a team and have some stability which I think is a good thing and as I said before he has been planning for the future and the future is now.

I don't know what had actually gone on between Brough and McNamara (nobody on here truly knows!) and it's now irrelevant.

Even if they win it?

Maybe not if they win it!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004