Salford win Grand Final

Salford City Reds won the Championship Under 20 Grand Final with a 32-20 victory over Featherstone Rovers.

Click here to view the article

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Congratulations to Salford. A first trophy under the new regime?

Are any of the players likely to step up to the first team squad? Any the Salford U20s FT or PT?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

shock horror, featherstone beaten by a super league team.......

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Why are they in the championship under 20's, do any other superleague sides do this. Apologies for my ignorance I just thought everyone had a 19's and that was all (which is ridiculous)

Salford are the only SL club with a team in the U20's & I assume its a one off.

As I understand it the U20's is envisaged as a development/reserve league designed for championship clubs who want to run more than just a 1st team but can't meet/afford the standards required for (SL) U19's and as such the requirements in terms of scholarship, pathways etc... are mych lower. Salford, being in the state they were last year, couldn't get into the U19s but were allowed to run an U20's. I imagine they will be running a full youth system from next season?

Just to add a little confusion there are a couple of championship teams who run both SL U19's and championsip U20's teams.

Salford are the only SL club with a team in the U20's & I assume its a one off.

As I understand it the U20's is envisaged as a development/reserve league designed for championship clubs who want to run more than just a 1st team but can't meet/afford the standards required for (SL) U19's and as such the requirements in terms of scholarship, pathways etc... are mych lower. Salford, being in the state they were last year, couldn't get into the U19s but were allowed to run an U20's. I imagine they will be running a full youth system from next season?

Just to add a little confusion there are a couple of championship teams who run both SL U19's and championsip U20's teams.

There are, Sheffield & Fev who run in both. Also, some of the teams (Fev included) agreed at the start of the season that they could play games as U23s provided both clubs agreed, as players had been signed before the decision was made to lower the age limit. In addition, I understand a lot of our (Fev) U20s towards the end of the season have been our U19 players who in some cases have been doubling up and playing in both teams. Clear as mud?! :lol:

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Both Teams played well

salford weren't allocated a spot in the SL  U19's due to the ' pre season issues ' , so were parked in the Championship U20's

the previous season the Team got to playoffs but dell to stronger Leeds / Wigan teams.

A fair few of the Academy has already taken to step up to first team action - Fages - Syned - Will Hope - Jon Ford - the Walne Bro's - Nial Evalds

so the team that took the field featured the younger s players who have taken a step up from the previous seasons U18's

future is with these lads as much as the . big - signings recently mentioned