Statement - Board of Directors of Sheffield Eagles RLFC (Merged threads)

Looking at it and trying to turn it into a possitive ive looked at possible venues for home games next season in a totally different light having given up hope of a local venue.I think south leeds stadium should be consided sharing with the hawks if possible from s1 to ls11 is around 35 mile nearly all motorway.If we were to play the west yorkshire sides there thats batley,dewsbury,halifax,keighley and featherstone taken care of.Maybe take the crusaders home game to south wales arms park on the new i pitch if poss.The doncaster game may be give up home avantage and play it at the keapmoat.The three cumbians sides id take games if poss to fleetwood town highbury stadium 5,327, morcambe globe arena 6,476 and southport haig ave 6,008 capacity.If they could get them spread out three weekend by the sea might appeal to fans.That just leaves leigh , swinton and possibly oldham again the south leeds stadium if possible.Could maybe have a couple of double headers with the hawks especial in cardiff with eagles playing crusaders and south wales hosting the hawks .

Chief Crazy Eagle

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cricket is played in the summer at Clifton Lane. The club had purchased stands to put up at Bawtry Road but the University pulled the plug at the eleventh hour, which is why this situation has come about.

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

Looking at it and trying to turn it into a possitive ive looked at possible venues for home games next season in a totally different light having given up hope of a local venue.I think south leeds stadium should be consided sharing with the hawks if possible from s1 to ls11 is around 35 mile nearly all motorway.If we were to play the west yorkshire sides there thats batley,dewsbury,halifax,keighley and featherstone taken care of.Maybe take the crusaders home game to south wales arms park on the new i pitch if poss.The doncaster game may be give up home avantage and play it at the keapmoat.The three cumbians sides id take games if poss to fleetwood town highbury stadium 5,327, morcambe globe arena 6,476 and southport haig ave 6,008 capacity.If they could get them spread out three weekend by the sea might appeal to fans.That just leaves leigh , swinton and possibly oldham again the south leeds stadium if possible.Could maybe have a couple of double headers with the hawks especial in cardiff with eagles playing crusaders and south wales hosting the hawks .

So they should drop the Sheffield name altogether, just become the Eagles and turn up at random non-league grounds and hope to draw some fans and make money?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The Don Valley stadium is being demolished, i presume.

Is Owlerton stadium or woodbourn road not options ?

Apparantly Owlerton is the only option in Sheffield

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

How can they play at Owlerton and still be called the Eagles? 

Should we ask the suburb of Owlerton to be renamed Eagleton?

Owlerton isnt acceptable at the moment, but the club has stands that were ready to be used at Bawtry Road that can be used at the stadium, there are still issues with the pitch and changing rooms but one plus point would be the excellent corporate areas at the stadium. 

why dont they just give andy farrell his medal now?- ray french before the challenge cup final 1998

Youre saying we should play home games in Morecambe?? Might as well just play them all down in Limoux if we are going to do that. We'll be at Owlerton next season.

mmmmm Morecambe... they have won the best pies in football award and featured heavily on TV because of the homemade pies they make at the football stadium.

Seems a good fit to me because I've always wanted to try their pies since hearing about how good they are on TV.

mmmmm Morecambe... they have won the best pies in football award and featured heavily on TV because of the homemade pies they make at the football stadium.

Seems a good fit to me because I've always wanted to try their pies since hearing about how good they are on TV.

Kidderminster do a cracking Cottage Pie, I propose a game there

Merge with Doncaster and change the name to South Yorkshire Steelers and move to Rotherham or Barnsley or somewhere.

Eagles havent a ground and the cost issues for Doncaster at Lakeside are well documented.

Problem solved and the super league big wigs would love it too.

Its a win win all round.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

how about mansfield? just down the road and a nice ground to boot.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

.... If, for example, they played the smaller games at Fev, and let their season ticket holders in for half price, the money they got off Fev fans would pay for free busses for Eagles fans to travel from Sheffield....

Mmmmmmmm???????????? Let's say they have 800 regulars so you need 15 buses. The cheapest bus my missus was able to hire recently was £300, making the cost £4500. But let's say they could cut a deal and get them for £200 a go that's still £3000. Half price entrance at £8 means that you'd have to attract 375 Fev supporters to break even!

Mmmmmmmm???????????? Let's say they have 800 regulars so you need 15 buses. The cheapest bus my missus was able to hire recently was £300, making the cost £4500. But let's say they could cut a deal and get them for £200 a go that's still £3000. Half price entrance at £8 means that you'd have to attract 375 Fev supporters to break even!

So you wouldn't go watch Sheffield at Fev when Rovers weren't playing if you could get in half price? I think that good few hundred would!

we've been there, done that and it was a disaster. The late great Mansfield Marksmen.

we also went back to london and south wales after failures down there.......so what's your point??

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg