Gentle tipped to leave Hull

According to HDM Peter Gentle will not be coach at Hull next year and Lee Radford will be taking over. Adam Pearson wants a total overhaul of the club basing it on local management and local talent looking at players like Jamie Shaul to take the club forward , I can see a fire sale coming on.

http://m.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/story.html?aid=19824790&category=sport

Edited by westhuller

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't argue with the local personnel theory if they were actually there and of the right calibre but are Radford and Last the right men for the job? The argument might be that they can't do worse than Gentle but that's just papering over the cracks. It just smacks of knee jerk to me. Hull have time on their side to hopefully find the right man for the job not just one who says farv and narn.

rldfsignature.jpg

Not sure about Radford and Last taking over long term.

Sure, Radford's not the sort of bloke you'd look forward to an after match discussion with as a player after a performance like Thursday's, so that might help but he's not experienced enough imo.

This would be seen as another cheap option and would probably end in more tears as usual.

Perhaps Pearson will give them next season to prove themselves which I'd be happy with. My club always seem to give long contracts or contract extensions to coaches who simply don't produce consistency.

One thing's for sure, you won't have any player who thinks he's bigger than the club while Radford's in charge. 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I wouldn't argue with the local personnel theory if they were actually there and of the right calibre but are Radford and Last the right men for the job? The argument might be that they can't do worse than Gentle but that's just papering over the cracks. It just smacks of knee jerk to me. Hull have time on their side to hopefully find the right man for the job not just one who says farv and narn.

Pearson could be looking at the Huddersfield model questions were raised when the gave Anderson the job but he has been a revalation for the Giants. I don't know what to think at the minute I feel sorry for Gentle to be honest.

I feel sorry for Gentle to be honest.

No room for sentiment in sport mate, Pearson has season passes to sell.

I felt sorry for myself last Thursday.

people may think of radders as a plodder when he played, maybe he was, but, as a coach he is very very smart. yes he is also tough, players do not fear him they just have massive respect for him, after all he has achieved a lot in the game and has been very successful. ( no I'm not lee rad ford!)

Not sure about Radford and Last taking over long term.

Sure, Radford's not the sort of bloke you'd look forward to an after match discussion with as a player after a performance like Thursday's, so that might help but he's not experienced enough imo.

This would be seen as another cheap option and would probably end in more tears as usual.

Perhaps Pearson will give them next season to prove themselves which I'd be happy with. My club always seem to give long contracts or contract extensions to coaches who simply don't produce consistency.

One thing's for sure, you won't have any player who thinks he's bigger than the club while Radford's in charge.

Give him a chance. Surely you don't want yet another Aussie no-one. With the right environment behind him he could well be what you're looking for. To me FC don't lack anything on the pitch other than a bit of mental steel, and Radford would put that into them I reckon.

I suppose if you could get someone like Brian Smith then that would be different otherwise you might end up tracking Stevie Mac. And that ain't never going to end well.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

Give him a chance.

I thought that's what I'd said... :huh:

I don't like the fact that Gentle brought over a player from a feeder club in Australia in Miller. I'm glad Pearson is going for Local talent, there must be plenty of young decent players over here without bringing in unproven Aussies.

@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

I don't like the fact that Gentle brought over a player from a feeder club in Australia in Miller. I'm glad Pearson is going for Local talent, there must be plenty of young decent players over here without bringing in unproven Aussies.

There is one amateur club in Wigan that produces more SL quality players than the whole of the city of Hull. If we go down the path of simply signing Hull born players then we'll be in SL 2 before we know it. I do agree about unproven Aussies though, on and off the field. Unfortunately economics dictates that unproven or old is all that the SL will be getting for the foreseeable future. Edited by deluded pom?

rldfsignature.jpg

I would have agreed with this until you signed Feka.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

I would have agreed with this until you signed Feka.

Good point, well made.

The difference is, despite Brown's tinkering and dithering preventing them from pushing on, many of the building blocks of success had been implemented prior to Anderson's elevation.

Can the same be said of Hull?

Spot on Pottsy. The progression at Hudds came gradually from work done by Tony Smith, Jon Sharp, Nathan Brown and their assistants and no doubt other club staff. At times it seemed to be three steps forward and one step back. Getting to CC semi-finals and finals and getting into the playoffs regularly were some of the signs of the club moving forward. There were still games along the way where Hudds got battered of course. I suppose that progress doesn't have to happen in a straight line upward trajectory...

Hull have some decent young players; that is one of the building blocks in place. Have Peter Gentle, his assistants and A Pearson got the other building blocks in place? Hull fans should know.

Spot on Pottsy. The progression at Hudds came gradually from work done by Tony Smith, Jon Sharp, Nathan Brown and their assistants and no doubt other club staff. At times it seemed to be three steps forward and one step back. Getting to CC semi-finals and finals and getting into the playoffs regularly were some of the signs of the club moving forward. There were still games along the way where Hudds got battered of course. I suppose that progress doesn't have to happen in a straight line upward trajectory...

Hull have some decent young players; that is one of the building blocks in place. Have Peter Gentle, his assistants and A Pearson got the other building blocks in place? Hull fans should know.

I understand Pearson has been putting the money in the right places and the Hull backroom/youth structures are as good as anyone's now. Long term they should be in a good position... provided they don't lose 3000-4000 fans in the meantime.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Will I ever see a proven coach in charge of my club?

If Radford replaces him it will be a huge mistake. Success with East Hull is one thing, working as an assistant another, but he should go and cut his teeth elsewhere in the Championship before taking on a club like FC.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

EDIT - no longer relevant due to merged threads. Ta.

Edited by Just Browny

Ha Ha

Wait for it

It's coming lol