Omar Khan and Gerry Sutcliffe to step down at Bradford

I can understand your frustration, but you do know that none of these people mentioned in this thread so far had a single thing to do with that?

And it did help save the club at that time, it was never intended to save us forever at that point, just to help them go to the end of the month so in that sense it was successful. To be honest, that's a different issue holding the old (old) board to account which to be honest they have completely gotten away with.

Edited by Amber Avenger

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

I can understand your frustration, but you do know that none of these people mentioned in this thread so far had a single thing to do with that?

And it did help save the club at that time, it was never intended to save us forever at that point, just to help them go to the end of the month so in that sense it was successful. To be honest, that's a different issue holding the old (old) board to account which to be honest they have completely gotten away with.

Good point...  its a different board and I do hope they can rebuild the club to its former successful self. Although I will think more than twice with regard to similar situation ever arising at another club and the "save our club money bowl" coming out.  However, on reflection the club through its community work does deserve to succeed.

Too be honest I find it difficult to conjure up any sympathy for any of those that run the Bradford club.  Yep, for the fans I have a lot but maybe I'm bias as like a lot of people I contributed towards their "save the club" fund although a Leeds supporter. OK it wasn't a massive amount but it would have paid for my season tickets at Leeds, so it was a reasonable amount. 

Never heard anything since, once the money went out my account.    So unfortunately I don't give a ................

Come on John you don't give to charity cases expecting thanks.

Besides you were saving the Leeds.v.Bradford derby weren't you?

Robbie doesn't have to justify his playing career to anyone, and it certainly can't be measured in gongs.

Once seen, never forgotten.

O I agree. I've wanted this whilst he was still a player for us. I was going to defend him then realised anyway that he hadn't won everything. It doesn't matter what he has won to be a CEO. Crikey we had Abi Ekoku at one stage!

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Come on John you don't give to charity cases expecting thanks.

Besides you were saving the Leeds.v.Bradford derby weren't you?

Good point... nope I wasn't expecting a thank you and certainly don't when I contribute to a charity cause.  But it wasn't quite the same as charity.

But in hindsight If it was me and the type of thing I would have done with my business before retiring was to offered something that still gave me profit but gave something back to those that contributed..... for example offered a discount to hospitality package which may have got me more likely to attend games there than just the Leeds one, e.g. take my saints supporting son to the saints game on a higher margin ticket.

I could think up other ways they could have turned it to a promotional advantage whilst providing something in return to the contributor even if it was just a small discount to a full ticket price for a game the person that contributed wouldn't normally go,,, after all they have the details of where the various people are from and could have come up with a tailored approach.

But nope wasn't expecting anything but maybe more general information but then again I didn't read the clubs web site and hence there may have been as I assume they kept their fans fully updated at the time.

Edited by redjonn

Good point... nope I wasn't expecting a thank you and certainly don't when I contribute to a charity cause.  But it wasn't quite the same as charity.

But in hindsight If it was me and the type of thing I would have done with my business before retiring was to offered something that still gave me profit but gave something back to those that contributed..... for example offered a discount to hospitality package which may have got me more likely to attend games there than just the Leeds one, e.g. take my saints supporting son to the saints game on a higher margin ticket.

I could think up other ways they could have turned it to a promotional advantage whilst providing something in return to the contributor even if it was just a small discount to a full ticket price for a game the person that contributed wouldn't normally go,,, after all they have the details of where the various people are from and could have come up with a tailored approach.

But nope wasn't expecting anything but maybe more general information but then again I didn't read the clubs web site and hence there may have been as I assume they kept their fans fully updated at the time.

The previous owners had this information. What makes you think it was passed along to the new owners by the administrator, especially seen as the clubs databases were run by one of the main creditors of the old club who didnt get paid.