Kingstone Press Championships awards announced

Tony Miller will leave his post as coach of Doncaster an award winner, after being chosen by his Kingstone Press Championship peers as the Coach of the Year during the 2013 Kingstone Press Championships Awards night, in Leeds.

Click here to view the article

2013 Kingstone Press Championships Award Winners

Championship Player of the Year: Mitch Stringer (Sheffield Eagles)
Championship Young Player of the Year: Ryan Brierley (Leigh Centurions)
Championship Coach of the Year: Tony Miller (Doncaster)
Championship One Player of the Year: Jono Smith (North Wales Crusaders)
Championship One Young Player of the Year: Tyla Hepi (Gloucestershire All Golds)
Championship One Coach of the Year: Clive Griffiths (North Wales Crusaders)
Northern Star winner: Andy Jordan (Batley Bulldogs)
Referee of the Year: Chris Leatherbarrow
Championship Club of the Year: Halifax
Championship One Club of the Year:  North Wales Crusaders
Match Officials Achiever: Mike Woodhead

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

Some Interesting Winners in the Championship?

Actually I don't have a problem with Tony Miller getting his award - he's done a good job at Donny.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 out of 4 Award in the Championship 1 Wales Crusaders; a reflection of the success and passion at the club. Very well don to Clive Griffiths leading the team to the Nothern Rail Bowl and League double. Congratulations to Jono Smith on Player of the year pushed all the way by Andy Moulsdale, another nominee in the same category. Tom Johnson was also nominated in Young Player of the Year. The accolade of Club of the Year is one for everyone at the club to enjoy from the CEO, the Directors, the coaching staff, the support staff on and off field, the groundskeepers, the volunteers and ballboys who help out on matchdays and the supporters who came through the turnstiles in their hundreds. So very proud to get this recognition.