Hull City Managing Director

Does any one from Hull know how and  why the Managing Director of Hull City was appointed?

He used to work in this office in London about 15 years ago in a completely unrelated role and business and nobody who knew him from then can understand his appointment.

I know he was appointed a while ago but I have only discoved the news recently.

This is from "Linkedin", you may of course have already seen it, don't think I'm breaking any internet rules by putting it on here.

Nick Thompson's Experience
Managing Director Hull City Tigers

December 2012 – Present (11 months) KC Stadium, Hull

Hull City have today announced the appointment of Nick Thompson as the club's new Managing Director.

Mr Thompson, former Director of Consumer Services at Hull telecom company KC, joins the club on the 10th anniversary of the first match to be played at the KC Stadium and as owner Assem Allam marks two years since his purchase of the Tigers.

Vice Chairman Ehab Allam said: “Nick brings a wealth of business management experience and qualifications, including his Executive MBA and Chartered Manager MCMI, to the role. He joins us at a time when we are riding high in the Championship play-off places and making a determined push for promotion. 

“This is the right time to step up our commercial activities and build a sound platform for our business future.”

Mr Thompson is well known in Hull business circles and has been a member of Hull & East Yorkshire Bondholders Advisory Group as well as Hull & Humber Business Week.

He said: “It is a privilege to become part of Hull City and to be able to contribute to the ongoing commercial success of this great football club. We have a brilliant chance to make a serious promotion challenge over the rest of this season, and my job is to ensure our off the field activities equal the quality of what we are achieving on the pitch. 

“I want to get the whole city and region behind us and I am enormously looking forward to working with the whole team, sponsors and fans to create great matchday experiences.”

His CV is also on line and sounds reasonably impressive. I suppose if he's previously worked in Hull, that may also have helped his application.

Other than that, I have no idea.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived