Trust Statement

marshy1

Just remember what happened the last time the trust got involved, their shares wiped out via liquidation, as for #### council you've more chance of philh attending the lions matches than them helping us out.  Still none the wiser what's going to happen, if they don't sign some players and a manager soon we won't have a team to take the field let alone be competitive.

The only assistance the council will offer is Moor Lane as a cheap option and that is a last resort. Is there any recently vacated/empty land in Swinton available I wonder. Just a thought. One does not have to look to far, and I dont mean Agecroft.

Well in fairness Julian whilst I accept your entitled to your views, anything that looks remotely like the club surviving would upset you.

You may well feel that the council won't help but if any officer of the council were to read this forum and your comments then you can understand why.

Keep them coming Julian and you may just find that eventually the club will cease to exist and you can sit happy in the knowledge of it's cessation.

Fixtures are supposedly out on Dec 1st. Have the RFL been given other information because based on the current state of the club, having read the statement, there is nothing in it that states definitively where you will be playing or if you have any players.

Here we go again .....

Well in fairness Julian whilst I accept your entitled to your views, anything that looks remotely like the club surviving would upset you.

You may well feel that the council won't help but if any officer of the council were to read this forum and your comments then you can understand why.

Keep them coming Julian and you may just find that eventually the club will cease to exist and you can sit happy in the knowledge of it's cessation.

Well said, you tell 'im Alan. Julian is nothing but the arch-prophet of doom as typified by all his posts in recent times.

:yahoo:     :tease:     :sungum:

Lancaster lion. I've suggested the same thing to many of the moaners in here. Let's put our money where are mouths are. If we had all contributed a little bit over the last 14 years we'd have a very strong position.

In answer to your question. ..see the trust events threas above. It provides a link to the Trust website where you can download forms to set up direct debit etc

Fixtures are supposedly out on Dec 1st.

Championship fixtures are out on 25th November. Champ 1 fixtures out on 2nd December. SL next Monday.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Thanks for posting the statement, Alan. Like others have said - and done - I'll also be renewing my lapsed Trust membership.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

Credit where it is due, the Trust have come up with a statement for which thanks.

What a shame the owners of the Club have developed such a siege mentality that they could not have provided something similar and passed on the information directly to all supporters via the website. I know the Kidds have taken lots of criticism, some fair some not in my opinion, but that is part of being in charge. Much more could have been done by them to promote a sense of unity around the cause that we all want to prosper. Still I’ll be pleased if the current problems at least bring Club and Trust into a closer working relationship.

I am pleased the Trust have invited the Rochdale Chairman to speak about running a supporter led set up and a meeting with the Mayor is another good move. It would be very interesting to know more about the Council assuring that funds were to be made available to meet Club commitments and that the failure of such funds to materialise was a reason for the cash flow crisis. Of course there are many issues it would be nice to know much more about but a start has been made.

Good on the likes of Lancaster Lion, Jonty and Loyal Lion for signing up with the Trust. It would be great if more follow suit. I hope the Trust will be as open as possible with the supporters and foster a sense of inclusiveness by keeping us informed of developments.

Thanks to the people who are going to join the Trust you would be amazed by the number of fans who are not members so if you know a fellow fan please ask them to consider joining us too.

Riggy

SO

If the 750 of you who have read this post today have all sent your 24 quid in, the membership would now have an approx. £ 18000 in new membership fees 

You can pay by direct debit for as little as £ 2.00 per month !.  

Archived