Spain Rugby League (Merged threads)

• 1 month later...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe they only ship to Spain, unfortunately.

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Got mine ordered. I don't think they take web payments either. My friend that ordered them for me got an invoice and had to do a bank transfer!

Hopefully they'll be delivered within the next week or I'll have to get them shipped over after I'm back

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

• 3 months later...

Aye, the website says May.

Enero, Febrero, Marzo, Abril, Mayo, Junio, Julio, Agosto, Septiembre, Octubre, Noviembre, Diciembre

I believe 2 teams are in Madrid- Griffins and Custodians. Custodians being the latest club to join I think.  Crac,  as Homer said are based around 70km north of  Alicante at Muro d'Alcoi with then the rest based in and around Valencia (Warriors, Terrent, Irreductibles). They have a few 9s comps going on and are mainly Spanish guys rather than just Ex pats playing a game.

Custodians look to be a police team.  Having lived here since August, there's an utterly amazing 3G rugby pitch out by the motorway, not a million miles away from the universities.  I can only hope one of the teams is basing themselves over there.

Custodians look to be a police team.  Having lived here since August, there's an utterly amazing 3G rugby pitch out by the motorway, not a million miles away from the universities.  I can only hope one of the teams is basing themselves over there.

The Griffons are based at Cantarranas at the uni. Been to see them a couple of times when I've been over there

The Cantarranas pitch is right in the middle of the UCM campus.  It's also where another team, "the International People of Madrid RL" are basing themselves.  I sometimes take my wife all the way to work in Aravaca and the bus goes by the side of the campo.  It's a bog-standard grass rugby pitch really, which will be like playing on concrete in the summer.

However, out where the A-6 meets the M-30, is Parque Deportivo Puerta de Hierro.  There's a 3G rugby pitch with bleachers that probably seat around 250.  Tennis, padel, swimming, golf.  The problem is that I think this is more tightly controlled by the RU federation in Madrid.  The other issue is that it has limited public transport, just two buses stop nearby that go in and out of Moncloa.  However, it's a much better setup than Cantarranas.

The Cantarranas pitch is right in the middle of the UCM campus.  It's also where another team, "the International People of Madrid RL" are basing themselves.  I sometimes take my wife all the way to work in Aravaca and the bus goes by the side of the campo.  It's a bog-standard grass rugby pitch really, which will be like playing on concrete in the summer.

However, out where the A-6 meets the M-30, is Parque Deportivo Puerta de Hierro.  There's a 3G rugby pitch with bleachers that probably seat around 250.  Tennis, padel, swimming, golf.  The problem is that I think this is more tightly controlled by the RU federation in Madrid.  The other issue is that it has limited public transport, just two buses stop nearby that go in and out of Moncloa.  However, it's a much better setup than Cantarranas.

I imagine it's better than having to climb through a hole in the fence to get out at night...

• 1 month later...

Anybody have any idea when we might see the fixtures released?  Doubt the Griffons need a club administrator who speaks only pidgin Spanish but I'll go and support them if needed.

Anybody have any idea when we might see the fixtures released?  Doubt the Griffons need a club administrator who speaks only pidgin Spanish but I'll go and support them if needed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I'm sure. I can get you in touch with Rodrigo if you like

• 4 weeks later...

Archived