Radio thread

I'm sure there was one before, but I went back a few pages and didn't unearth it, so here we go.

Radio 4 Extra tonight at 11pm: An Eric Idle solo show from 1974 that hasn't been broadcast since. Eric plays all the characters in a series of sketches.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Worst tribute band ever!

:biggrin: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 months later...

The lost Genius of Judee Sill, broadcast yesterday on Radio 4, repeated on Saturday. A very good 30 minute documentary about a hugely talented musician who lived the kind of life most of us wouldn't even want to have nightmares about. Alcoholism, alleged sexual abuse, drug abuse, drug dealing, prostitution, armed robbery, jail, a broken spine, years of living in pain, a final, fatal overdose... and yet her songs are uplifting and beautiful.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The lost Genius of Judee Sill, broadcast yesterday on Radio 4, repeated on Saturday. A very good 30 minute documentary about a hugely talented musician who lived the kind of life most of us wouldn't even want to have nightmares about. Alcoholism, alleged sexual abuse, drug abuse, drug dealing, prostitution, armed robbery, jail, a broken spine, years of living in pain, a final, fatal overdose... and yet her songs are uplifting and beautiful.

I'd heard of her, but have never heard her stuff or known of her life history. I'll check it out on the i-player.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Histon FC v New Zealand Warriors in the Sausage Sandwich Game on Radio 5.  :biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last month, I had to fill in a survey about radio listening habits over a one-week period. A bloke came round knocking on doors and asked everybody on my street to do it. He gave everybody who consented a £5 note.

Last month, I had to fill in a survey about radio listening habits over a one-week period. A bloke came round knocking on doors and asked everybody on my street to do it. He gave everybody who consented a £5 note.

That would be an easy fiver, don't think I've listened to any in the last week. :D

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

i have listened to radio for 9hrs a day for at least 45 years  from AM to FM to DAB, do i get a prize?

No shortwave, no cigar...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

i have listened to radio for 9hrs a day for at least 45 years  from AM to FM to DAB, do i get a prize?

Odd how different we all are. I haven't listened to any radio at all for about the same length of time

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

RL triumphed, but Histon aren't all that.

Given the Warriors' lack of consistency, I'd call that a result!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ken Bruce as I go about my daily tasks: everything stops for pop master; "I work for a local printing company for my sins, my partner is the lovely Julie and we have five children between us from our previous manages and yes I'm ion a Dave Clark Five tribute band. I usually manage 24 points." 

Paul Jones and Bob Harris for sitting down and listening to

Jeremy Vine as a reference point for what the nation's knuckle draggers are thinking

I used to listen to R4 and five live but now only occasionally tune in don't know why.

wouldn't dream of listening to radio Leeds rugby league output. Although I'm sure it's better than the John Boyd years.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

In the early mornings in my van, I was motivated to switch to Real Radio by my absolute dislike of Liz Green on Radio Leeds and Chris Evans on Radio 2. Dixie and Gail were pretty good on Real Radio. However, the station has been taken over by Heart Radio and Gail has got the chop. She has been replaced by some anodyne woman whose raison d'etre is not saying anything inoffensive or indicating any presence of a personality.

I've just given up listening between 6.30am and 9am. Afterwards, I like Ken Bruce on Radio 2 in mid-morning and Martin Kellner on Radio Leeds at dinnertime.

Bring back Johnnie Walker!!

Ken Bruce as I go about my daily tasks: everything stops for pop master; "I work for a local printing company for my sins, my partner is the lovely Julie and we have five children between us from our previous manages and yes I'm ion a Dave Clark Five tribute band. I usually manage 24 points." 

Paul Jones and Bob Harris for sitting down and listening to

Jeremy Vine as a reference point for what the nation's knuckle draggers are thinking

I used to listen to R4 and five live but now only occasionally tune in don't know why.

wouldn't dream of listening to radio Leeds rugby league output. Although I'm sure it's better than the John Boyd years.

I have not listened to Pop Master for twelve years, but I am glad it has not changed a bit.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

but not a patch on RHLSTP, which is a bit too strong for radio.

RHLSTP!

I believe a new series starts soon of that, I know there are a couple of recordings before the end of September anyway.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

can't do without my daily fix of RADCLIFFE AND MACONIE on six.

I don't listen to them at the moment, because I can't get digital radio in my van. However, when they were on Radio 2, I got the impression that there was a bit of tension between them.

Big up to Maconie however, he and Andy Burnham have heroically combined to keep the UK's black hairdye industry afloat.

A new series of 'Jeremy Hardy speaks to the Nation' starts at 6:30 this evening. :) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

how did Mike Harding lose the folk gig on R2?

Have you just woken up?  ;)

The usual reasons for change in broadcasting- the management wanted a fresh, new approach...blah, blah.......

In fairness Mark Radcliffe's show is pretty good and he is genuinely interested in roots, folk and traditional music etc.

Harding has an internet based show now.

Archived