Playing season debate thread (many merged threads)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would appear that we now have the NCL management committe acting like politicians!!! by putting on their rose coloured spectacles and saying all in the garden is looking rosy!!!

from what i was told yesterday from a relaible source is that only 40% replied to the actual survey and like any survey these can be manipulated and set up in such a wat so as to give you the results you want.

correct me if i am wrong but wasnt the clubs given the assurances that after the 3 year trial period that they would be given a simple yes / no vote with regards to their playing options? and in any event what would be so wrong in giving the clubs a democratic vote? and then deciding what options are available i.e. some teams playing summer and some playing winter - after all the initial campaign was all about the four seasons and NOT just summer!

I admire Grahame from hindley for posting his thoughts on this forum in an honest and open manner with regards to his concerns about his own club, that of other clubs and about the open age game in general and he is fully entitled to those opinions and the right to publicise them on here too!!

what is needed as ive mentioned before is for all the clubs to stop sitting on your hands and being nodding dogs and if you have concerns speak up and make your concerns known. also if your happy with summer rugby share your successes with others to see if they can also learn form your success stories - silence is not an option when it comes to the future of our game.

I make no apologies for saying this but  trevor hunts comments make him sound like a dictator at the moment.

Phil Johnson was ridiculed at Leigh East when he was chair when he wrote an honest assessment of what the downside to playing in summer was.

Be quite ironic if Leigh East are now taking his sentiments on board .

Nice to have you back Keith .

didn't say all the committee was against it mick but the number of people against it is growing . Don't forget I was all for the summer and still am but it needs looking at

Hi Jason thanks for the concern pal , leigh east have had the Rfl down and asked them a lot of questions but the Rfl were quite negative saying the low numbers at training were down to poor coaching methods . Which is a lie

Glad your back in good order Keith.

I just think that type of comment reference coaching is another attempt to deflect the spotlight away from the real issues relating to Summer rugby and would like to know who exactly was qualified enough from the RFL to make such an observation regarding the coaching at Leigh East?

All coaches are volunteers and all learn from session to session and season to season, to condem the poor numbers and suggest it is down to coaching is a bit below the belt.

What utter ###### from the RFL!!!

Whom was responsible for the RFL coaching programme?

Who pulled the plug on the coaching programme for amatuer coaches once the funding cuts where announced?

Sorry I ain't buying that at all. Low numbers are down to other commitments that amatuer players tend to have.

Stop looking to blame others for the issues involving summer rugby n start listening to the people at the coal face.

What utter ###### from the RFL!!!

Whom was responsible for the RFL coaching programme?

Who pulled the plug on the coaching programme for amatuer coaches once the funding cuts where announced?

Sorry I ain't buying that at all. Low numbers are down to other commitments that amatuer players tend to have.

Stop looking to blame others for the issues involving summer rugby n start listening to the people at the coal face.

Unfortunately I fear this is the type of nonsense, amongst other inaccuracies, that the RFL will present as part of their findings from the "Lets talk Rugby League" survey and I kid you not!! :rofl:   :notme:

Just call it a hunch ;)

Joking a side there are some Fantastic Coaches in the Amateur Game,Who give there time up for no Financial gain,And for

the RFL to say the lack of numbers,Boils down to the quality of Coaching is a Disgrace,The problem is not isolated to Leigh East,

I know for a fact,Some NCL Premier Clubs have had as little as 6 Training recently,And this  is the same all over,

This was never known in the Traditional Season,We all know Shift work impacts on the numbers,But the real reason is Summer Rugby,And the Amateur Open Age game don't fit,And never will,The real reason for the switch,Was to unlock more Sport England money with the expected increase in numbers,Which realistically didn't happen,But if you listen to the RFL we are on a crest of a wave,With the increase in participants,Presumably,

from Tag,Touch,And Wheel Chair Rugby,Where does this leave the Amateur Open Age game,I think the NWCL needs to be Strong again,Similar to the Pennine league played in a September to May or the new Proposal with the breaks in running till June,And leave the NCL Summer with one Division,But decisions need to be made,And as long as the game is fragmented in the NW progress will not be made,we have some great Administrators in the NW,

we need to get back on track,The alternative doesn't bare thinking of. 

Your spot on Monty , the problem in the NW is the apathy amongst the clubs and no one currently dynamic enough to grab the bull by the horns and get things moving back to a more traditional season .

It's as if no one wants to change things and are quite happy enough for things to totally fall apart .

Help is being offered but not being taken up .

I fear for the OA in the NW

Or maybe the NW clubs just want to stick with the season they freely chose to play in and not mess about with changing the season and months of called off games for the weather? It's notable that only New Springs Legion Lions have folded out of 60 clubs in the established leagues. Now 60 is fewer than their used to me but I can't ever remember a year where that high a percentage of teams have stuck around this long, normally there'd be loads of drop outs.

Or maybe the NW clubs just want to stick with the season they freely chose to play in and not mess about with changing the season and months of called off games for the weather? It's notable that only New Springs Legion Lions have folded out of 60 clubs in the established leagues. Now 60 is fewer than their used to me but I can't ever remember a year where that high a percentage of teams have stuck around this long, normally there'd be loads of drop outs.

Really...............so far I have a list of now 14 clubs that have communicated in some way that they either want to remain in a traditional season, would like to definately switch back to a traditional season or would consider the possibility of a switch back to a more traditional season if they could understand further the likely playing calendar, competition format and could be involved in a discussion to debate the implications and timescales further.

I also believe both Hindley ARLFC and Wigan St Judes ARLFC have offered their Clubhouse facilities for free as potential meeting points to discuss and progress this subject further if a date can be arranged.

Really...............so far I have a list of now 14 clubs that have communicated in some way that they either want to remain in a traditional season, would like to definately switch back to a traditional season or would consider the possibility of a switch back to a more traditional season if they could understand further the likely playing calendar, competition format and could be involved in a discussion to debate the implications and timescales further.

I also believe both Hindley ARLFC and Wigan St Judes ARLFC have offered their Clubhouse facilities for free as potential meeting points to discuss and progress this subject further if a date can be arranged.

14 clubs is a good number to start with, I don't think the switch by the NWC to summer had this many when clubs started drifting away

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived